Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

What autosaver said, with ninty games take any discounts you can get!

I ordered my copy from amazon a few days ago and it didn't come with shipping (new of course) I don't think they have anymore though (the game is pretty fun, its going to be interesting going between this one and the gamecube one every now and then).

What autosaver said, with ninty games take any discounts you can get!

With first party Nintendo games, I either get it at MSRP or wait it out. Animal Crossing is one of the former.

Good examples of the latter would be Pokemon White 2 for $15, Paper Mario: Sticker Star for $20, and Nintendo Selects Pikmin 2 for $5.

Just gotta know where to look. *coughcheapassgamer.comcough*

• Thumbs Up 1

So hey, do any of you bother with turnips? I know the island is a pretty great means of money already, but I'm finding the combination of the two to work even better. Like this week I got a million bells worth of turnips from just a few island runs for 90 bells each or whatever, and now about to go sell them at a friend's who spiked at 380 something, so I should get make around an extra 2 million bells off this (unless you guys have a higher spike right now then homg plz).

Reason I'm asking is that the more of us that do this, the more of us have a chance to get turnip trends that have spikes, were we can all go cash out at whoever got a high turnip price for the week, since doing it alone is pretty risky but with more people the easier.

There's actually a pretty easy guide to follow to see how your things are turning out. The only thing is you have to check twice a day every day to get an accurate view on what's happening in your game (meaning once before noon, once afternoon, Mon-Sat):

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

So yeah, idk if anyone would be interested, but if they are we could get a shared PM thing or Skype chat going ohmy.png. I guess PM me if you're interested.

---

EDIT: For example Speederino just had a 548 bell spike he let me do (so many thank yous, ;_; ) and was able to fill my entire Section C in my storage with 99 bell bags XD. WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS AFELAFKE

• Thumbs Up 2

I still have no idea what turnips do and why they're such a good money source for so many players. I just buy them to make my town look pretty...

They basically work as stocks. The game literally runs with the pun "the stalk market" *badumtssh*

Basically you have the chance to buy turnips every Sunday morning for a reasonable price between 90 and 110 bells for a stack of 10 (or something like that). You buy as many as you wish, and then go store them in your inventory or something rather (I don't trust placing them in my house since they might rot or something).

So Monday morning rolls along and you can ask the pink alpaca girl at Re-Tail "What's the turnip prices!?" and she'll give you a number, usually low for starters. So say she says "Right now turnips are 60 bells!," you wouldn't want to sell them because you bought the darned things for 90-110 bells, so you'd loose money. But don't be bummed out! The price changes once again after noon on the same day, giving you two prices per day. This continues all the way until Saturday afternoon.

In a nutshell it's gambling, though there's trends to how the numbers fluctuate over the week (like in that link of my last post). The trick is, the more people you got doing it, the more chances one of the people in your group can have a good trend where the number spikes (like Speederino's 548 this evening). I've been doing it these past two weeks with these other two friends and it's been pretty fun haha.

So that's turnips really *shrugs*. Alternatively just go bust your ass at the island every evening, but why not do both! Woo!

In a nutshell it's gambling, though there's trends to how the numbers fluctuate over the week (like in that link of my last post). The trick is, the more people you got doing it, the more chances one of the people in your group can have a good trend where the number spikes (like Speederino's 548 this evening). I've been doing it these past two weeks with these other two friends and it's been pretty fun haha.

And I was the idiot who decided to sell them yesterday morning for a mere 60 bells a pop (a big loss, I might add) because I thought I had the declining pattern this week.

So yeah, it's gambling. You kind of need to know what you're doing to make the most out of it.  >_>

Thanks for explaning it! I'll definatly have to try it this coming Sunday. The island can't be my only money factory forever!

Thanks for that guide Wolfy! Makes it a lot easier to understand the stalk market :D

I would let you all know my prices but my Internet wont allow me to vividly it get visitors from another town (probably due to me "borrowing" my neighbours). In getting a new provider in the next month or so, so I'll join in then :)

Thanks to Wolfy's post I made this for those who aren't familiar with turnips/the stalk market (and maybe those who are too :P) hopefully it's easy to understand :D

Can't put full size in post so have attached it and linked it :)

Link:

http://i.imgur.com/AcymOij.jpg

post-3734-0-94917300-1372545229_thumb.jp

Edited by Jolt_TH
  • Thumbs Up 2

That flow chart is awesome, >D. There's a friend of mine that wanted to add a few things to it since I guess I missed some information when telling you guys things (whoops, D:), but I think it's more or less all there, =D.

So yeah, I created a skype chat group now where anyone that wants to participate in this can PM me or tell me via Skype that they want in on it. I'll start adding people a little later tonight, but I think it's the most effective way for communicating. I'll try to get a chart going to log in everyone's prices for the week, but don't sweat if you miss some days or something, just try your best since I know that can be quite the commitment checking twice a day, haha. Alternatively you can just make a shout out later down the week if you got a spike if you'd rather stay solo about this, but if not we can also chat and trade shits this way too.

But yeah! Turnips are Sunday morning, which is tomorrow or right now depending on your time zone~

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to Wolfy's post I made this for those who aren't familiar with turnips/the stalk market (and maybe those who are too tongue.png) hopefully it's easy to understand biggrin.png

Can't put full size in post so have attached it and linked it smile.png

Link:

http://i.imgur.com/AcymOij.jpg

This is a really good idea. Turnip price trends are a little confusing to figure out, a flow chart would make everything easier. However, (I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here,) I noticed a couple of things off with your chart. I'm trying to think how to address them, but I think it might be best to just go through the whole thing quickly.

So, you buy your turnips on Sunday (for 90-110 bells) and stash them away. For the next week (Monday-Saturday), you have 12 chances to sell them. Each day, Reese at Re-Tail will give you 2 prices for turnips, one starting when they open in the morning, and one starting at noon. On Sunday, at 6AM, all your turnips will rot, so you want to sell them at the very latest, Saturday night.

Selling them Saturday night, however, will almost always result in a loss. This is because there are 4 weekly trends turnip prices can take:

Decreasing Trend: The worst of the trends. The Monday morning price Reese gives you will be 99 bells or less, and will decrease 2-7 bells each half day. If you get one of these, you'll almost always have to sell for a loss.

Large Spike Trend: The best of the trends. It will start out looking like a Decreasing Trend, but then, at some point in the week, the decline will be broken by 5 higher than usual prices. The 3rd of these increased prices will be the highest offer of the week. It can range anywhere from around 300 to around 600 bells, and might even go higher! The 4th and 5th of the 5 will be a rapid decline back to normal, and then the decreasing trend will continue. You may also see a slight bump in the price a day or two later, but it'll be nowhere near the spike earlier in the week.

Small Spike Trend: This is a decent trend to get. This one also mimics a Decreasing Trend, and is also broken up by 5 higher than usual prices, but there are a few differences from the Large Spike. 1) The highest price will be the 4th, not the 3rd, and will be much lower than what you'd see in a Large Spike (can go as low as 130, and rarely reaches 250). 2) The prices leading up to the 4th aren't always a steady increase. They'll all be higher than a normal decreasing trend, but it's possible to see the second or third dip a little from the previous one. 3) This one can actually start on Monday morning, unlike the Large Spike, which (to my knowledge) can only start on Monday afternoon or later.

Random: This one is also OK to get. Prices will jump around the 50-200 bell range randomly.

So those are the trends that your turnip prices can take. Each Monday it will (semi-randomly) pick a trend, and it will stick to that until the process begins again next Monday. The trick to playing the Stalk Market is to determine which trend you have, and sell accordingly. This is where a flowchart would be handy.

To determine what trend you have, it's pretty important to keep track of all the prices Reese gives you throughout the week, If you miss one, and the next one you see is an increase, how do you know if the increase began with this price, or the one you missed?

Anyway, here's what you do, starting with Monday. If your Monday morning price is 100 or more, you've got either a Random trend or a Small Spike, so jump ahead to the "I have a random/small spike trend" section. If it's 99 or less, you're still in the game.

Now, what you're going to do is monitor your prices, twice a day. and look for anything that's either: 1) A decrease of more than 7 bells, or 2) An increase.

Did you see a decrease of more than 7 bells? If you did, you've got a random trend, so sell as soon as you see a price that turns a profit. Did you see an increase? Well then, here's where things get interesting. An increase means you don't have a decreasing trend, and you're (almost definitely) going to make some profit this week. First though, you'll have to suppress the urge to sell. DO NOT SELL. Yet. Instead, make sure you catch your next price, as it will tell give you a better idea of what trend you have.

Now, if the next price (after you first see an increase) is a decrease, then this means you have either a Random Trend, or a Small Spike. Skip ahead to the "I have a random/small spike trend" section. However, if it's also an increase, you're going to want to prepare for your 3rd price. If your 3rd price is above 250 bells, you've got a Large Spike, and you should sell sell sell! If it's under 250, wait until you get your 4th price and sell then, as it's a small spike.

Now, the final thing to check. If you get to Thursday afternoon, and haven't seen an increase, sell immediately. Due to how both the spike trends work, Thursday afternoon is your last chance to see an increase. If you haven't, it's all downhill from here.

I have a Random/Small Spike trend: So, you don't have a Large Spike, but you can still make a profit. Since there's a possibility of it being a Small Spike, you should treat it as such, and wait until the 4th price (the 1st being the first increase, not the 1st price of the week) is given. If the 4th price is higher than all the previous prices, you should probably sell, as it may very well be a Small Spike, and this will be your highest price of the week. If it's lower than any of your previous prices, then you have a Random trend, and you should sell as soon as you see a price that makes you a profit. How long you want to leave it is up to you, but you won't see anything higher than 200.

Finally: Socialize! If you keep in contact with other people playing the turnip game, you can escape your downward trends by selling in their town. If you really want to power game, you can check the ACTurnips subreddit. People post there daily with their high turnip prices, you could theoretically sell at Large Spike prices every week.

I pulled pretty much all of this info from the following locations:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66403542

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246  [section 32) Stalk Market]

Check them out if you want a more in depth look, and examples of what weekly trends look like.

Edited by GiantMainProtagonist
  • Thumbs Up 3

That flow chart is awesome, >D. There's a friend of mine that wanted to add a few things to it since I guess I missed some information when telling you guys things (whoops, D:), but I think it's more or less all there, =D.

So yeah, I created a skype chat group now where anyone that wants to participate in this can PM me or tell me via Skype that they want in on it. I'll start adding people a little later tonight, but I think it's the most effective way for communicating. I'll try to get a chart going to log in everyone's prices for the week, but don't sweat if you miss some days or something, just try your best since I know that can be quite the commitment checking twice a day, haha. Alternatively you can just make a shout out later down the week if you got a spike if you'd rather stay solo about this, but if not we can also chat and trade shits this way too.

But yeah! Turnips are Sunday morning, which is tomorrow or right now depending on your time zone~

I will try to do it, but if it doesn't work for me, oh well.

Look for tenchibr by the way, no-brainer.

Edited by tenchibr

I thought there might be something wrong with it, just used the info from Wolfy's link, I'll see if I can re-jig it later after work to add the extra stuff in :)

I never really bother with turnips because I always forget I have them lol

I have Kicks, T&T mart, the upstairs floor of the museum (and a gyroid exhibit), the dream suite, Club LOL, three bridges and I'm going to start building the cafe today. I also put down little paths in my town. I also visited DarkOverord's town the other day through the dream suite!

Welp, restarted the game after four days. I was only playing on a whim and didn't think I'd like it half as much as I have ended up doing do. My town layout wasn't great, my character was creepy and some annoying nonce built their house directly in front of mine. Totally gonna miss Ankha and Rolf, but good riddance to Moose. Bleugh.

Oooh, started up this morning and I'm getting Shampoodle soon and T&T Mart is upgrading again!

Edited by Mollfie

What the hell.. are we playing Animal Crossing because there seems to be a pattern on the price.

AC went from $35 to $30 to $26 to $24

O.O

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0053BCML6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1372522060&sr=8-1

Walmart if you prefer

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Nintendo-3DS/23808099?wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=25824242861421905162&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Edited by Autosaver

How long does it take for Club LOL to be built? The doctor started a few days ago and it's still not done.

Also, I've had the game for two weeks, and Redd still hasn't appeared. Do you have to do something to make him appear?

How long does it take for Club LOL to be built? The doctor started a few days ago and it's still not done.

Also, I've had the game for two weeks, and Redd still hasn't appeared. Do you have to do something to make him appear?

It takes about five or six days for Club LOL to be built. As for Red, I'm not sure. I heard he's supposed to come once a week, but in my three or four weeks of owning the game I've only seen him in my town twice (and one on those times was on the day I bought the game...when I had zero bells. >_>).

And I'd just like to say, I really hate when a villager tries to schedule an appointment with me. They always make you set the time at least 30 or 40 minutes later. Why can't we just visit each others houses immediately? Sometimes they let me do that, but it's usually "I'm gonna be busy walking around and literally doing nothing for the next hour, set a time after that!"  Ugh.

I'd be fine with ignoring these, but I really like getting teh items.

So far so good! Made a nice little fortune selling turnips at 624 last week, enjoyed K.K over the weekend, plenty of dosh to spend on upgrades.. Love this game. Going to get so many street passes during Comic-Con I'm not sure how the game will accommodate them all.

Only grumbles are I still wish you could play as an animal yourself, but they'll probably include that in the next game and the online connectivity seems to be as bad as Brawls :/