Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

It was funny because today after playing a bit and catching my first cicadas, I went to go to my real life errands and kinda had an Animal Crossing flash back, since when I finally got out of my car at my first stop, I was greeted with the sound of a cicada (first one I've heard this summer) when walking to the ABD ATM to get some bells money.

ALSO! I got a werewolf hood today! Found someone on an AC board that had one so I gave him some bells for it, and am now the happiest man alive, <3. I'm just sad it's considered a helmet, so I can't put on Kamina shades with it, D:

Isn't the Cicada the one bug that reemerges every 17 years or something?

http://bugs.osu.edu/~bugdoc/PerioCicada/PeriCicadaMap.htm

Well at least the periodical ones.

Yeah, I was happy when I heard that too because those things really scared the crap out of me when I saw them for the first time at my cousins house (in real life I mean).

Isn't the Cicada the one bug that reemerges every 17 years or something?

http://bugs.osu.edu/~bugdoc/PerioCicada/PeriCicadaMap.htm

Well at least the periodical ones.

Cool fun fact, the reason they emerge every 17 years is because it's a prime number.  That way, they desynchronize their lifecycle from their predators'.

Not really relevant, just thought it was interesting. :P

Kicks opens after you have spent 7000 bells in the Able sisters and it has been 10 days since you started your town

Shampoodle opens 10 days after Kicks has if you have spent a total of 10,000 bells between the Able sisters and Kicks'

Wrong! Look at Molfie's post below!!

v v v v

Edited by Jolt_TH

Kicks opens after you have spent 7000 bells in the Able sisters and it has been 10 days since you started your town

Shampoodle opens 10 days after Kicks has if you have spent a total of 10,000 bells between the Able sisters and Kicks'

The wikia says it's after you have spent 8,000 bells at Able Sisters to get Kicks. Kicks must then have been open for at least 7 days and you have to have spent 10,000 bells at Kicks and/or Able Sisters to get Shampoodle. Which sounds closer to what I did.

After Shampoodle has been open for 14 days, and you've changed your hair at least once, you can change your eye colour.

Club Lol takes a few days. 

Edited by Mollfie

Yeah I was trying to do it from memory, the wikis has a habit of not loading on me :/ that sounds a lot closer!

Used to go camping every summer (December in Australia) and there were heaps of them. If you took your torch out and shone it at trees at night, they would all start chirping and falling down :P

Shoulda set up loads of floodlights and turned them on at once :P

Like that scene from Cars when they are tractor tipping!

Is there any Pokemon stuff in new leaf? (Also who was it that had the GHZ based house? I really would love that in mine.:P)

Is there any Pokemon stuff in new leaf? (Also who was it that had the GHZ based house? I really would love that in mine.:P)

Nah, Pokèmon is strangely (and annoyingly) exempt from appearing in anything Nintendo related other than Smash Bros.

Nah, Pokèmon is strangely (and annoyingly) exempt from appearing in anything Nintendo related other than Smash Bros.

Well it isn't really a Nintendo franchise in the same way that Maria or Zelda is. If you want pokemon patterns, wallpaper etc then check around online and you'll find people who have made really good QR Codes.

Argh, this is so bloody annoying. I finally got my development permit today and planned to build something relatively close to my house so that nobody else would build their house there. So what do I find this morning? "Diva" has decided to build her house right in my way, flattening my Perfect Pear and lone Cherry tree in the process. This is the second time it's happened.

Argh, this is so bloody annoying. I finally got my development permit today and planned to build something relatively close to my house so that nobody else would build their house there. So what do I find this morning? "Diva" has decided to build her house right in my way, flattening my Perfect Pear and lone Cherry tree in the process. This is the second time it's happened.

Yeah stuff like this pisses me off so much, that's one thing I think should be changed, I think you should have the say of where a villager is going to move to in your town.

It's sort of remedied by the fence development you can built which allows you plant trees and shit in it without worrying about it getting wrecked by villagers but still not quite the same.

We've all had that happen to us BB.

I just usually make their lives a living hell. Plant Pitfalls around their house, put any of my garbage next to their house, send them garbage through the mail, hit them with a net repeatedly, ruin their bug catching by chasing the bugs away.

Fuck you Hugh. That'll teach you to build your house over 2 of my perfect peach tress. That bastard...

*cough* or you could be the adult and just eh...wait it out?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they're pretty basic shortcomings really. Where the game is all about building a perfect and individual town, it's pretty naff when you have such little control over those kinds of matters (It's also annoying that you can't move house, since I'd happily do just that). And if this has been an issue in past games, why hasn't it been fixed by now? I hate when games in a series constantly repeat the same mechanical mistake.

Is there any way I can get Diva to do one?

Can't you "demolish" your house from the other things menu? That's the closest thing to moving, put all your stuff into storage and do that maybe?

I do think its silly that as the mayor you can't decide where to build a villagers house, or even choose from a selection of places

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah. The Mayor demolishing their house is the in-universe way of deleting your save file. So if you've picked a spot for your house that you decide you don't like, you're screwed. 

It's a step up from past games in that you can largely pick out your town's layout and where your house is initially. I've never had a problem with where my house is so I guess it isn't a big deal to me.

As for moving your villager's houses... well I dunno, it'd ruin the sense of realism for me (yeah, realism in Animal Crossing haha). It'd be pretty weird when trying to keep your villagers happy every day you're able to just pick up their house and place it somewhere else without them getting angry.

I think the suggestion was more that you pick the initial location of their house, not that you can move them around at will. Start up the game one day and Isabelle should say this:

"Uh, Mayor? There's a new resident looking for a place to build their house. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you met them at the train station to help them find the perfect place to call home!"

And then you just go through the same process you do when building your own home or development project. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think the suggestion was more that you pick the initial location of their house, not that you can move them around at will. Start up the game one day and Isabelle should say this:

"Uh, Mayor? There's a new resident looking for a place to build their house. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you met them at the train station to help them find the perfect place to call home!"

And then you just go through the same process you do when building your own home or development project. 

But... isn't that the whole point of Tom Nook? He's the home guy. 

But... isn't that the whole point of Tom Nook? He's the home guy. 

New Villager: "Oh hi there. I'm just moving into town, but I don't know where to build my house. Would you help me choose?"

You:

> Sorry, I'm busy (build it randomly)

> I know a great spot! (build it where the player chooses)

*Pick a space for the home*

New Villager: "This is perfect! I'm going to go to Nook's Homes and tell Tom tell Tom I've picked a spot. Thanks for your help!"

NL is my first AC game and I've only been playing it for around a week. But I can already tell you I've found a pet peeve with it. Everything else in the game is just so pleasant and enjoyable because it can't go wrong.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1