Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

Well I ordered mine on Amazon today, won't be here till the 25th though as an estimate :(

I was playing on CF last night after ordering NL on amazon and I have a question. How does the designing work on NL? It is the same as CF where you can only use one palette and changing palette changes the colours already on the design? Or is it freer where you can choose any colour and the existing colours will stay the same. (I was trying to make a design yesterday but some of the colours were on other palettes so they would keep changing :/)

You can change palettes but you can also change one colour and swap it out for a different one while keeping the rest.

Ahh that's good :) it was really annoying yesterday trying to make a pattern when you have 16 palettes but only really allowed 12 colours (one palette at a time!)

Caught a load of bugs last night, finally caught a shark too. Redd is in my town today as well!

You only just caught a shark?? I thought you were miles ahead of me xD;

Yeah, I've found a system for farming rare bugs on the island, stuff like Golden Stags, Goliath beetle, Rainbow Stage and Horned Atlas and the Cycosomething stags, also Shark spawns for me seem to be pretty frequent too, it's weird.

Strange, my spawn rate for sharks is pretty common, I see them all time time, it's kind of annoying at the same time since I want to catch other fish lol.

Strange, my spawn rate for sharks is pretty common, I see them all time time, it's kind of annoying at the same time since I want to catch other fish lol.

I've seen two on the island and one in my town. Jez has seen one in his town, he hasn't been to the island yet.

I mostly catch bugs, collect fruit and dig up fossils, I prefer that over fishing.

I dunno, I don't worry about making bells all that much because AC isn't about that, to me, and if you complete stuff really fast, you've got nothing left to do. Also, I've played all the games, completed everything in WW and nearly completed everything in CF/LGTTC so I don't have that drive a lot of newbies seem to have?

I did collect like, 80K worth of bugs last night though so I have bells to put towards the café.

The shark I did catch is currently living in my house because I can't decide if I want to keep him or donate him. He's such a cutie.

Edited by Mollfie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I have a Whale Shark and a Hammerhead in my house on opposite sides of the room haha, well this is my first game in the series and the feeling of paying off debts/loans, projects and expanding my town, shopping district and museum gives me such a sense of accomplishment, I'm doing a bit each day and soon I'll have access to the café since I've just bought my first painting from Redd (It's being delivered tomorrow!!) but I don't know, I don't think I'm rushing anything, I've only just completed my second town project, and it's just a town clock lol. I did have an axe briefly and started cleaning up some of the randomly scattered trees that are starting to get in the way but it broke :c but yeah my town itself looks aesthetically unappealing with the way it's set out, hopefully when I acquire another Axe I can clear up the random patches of trees outside my town hall so I can proceed to lay down a fountain tomorrow, as for now I'm just farming bells since there isn't much else I can do.

I hate trying to get a perfect town, I always am after that golden watering can! Am I right in thinking the golden shovel ISN'T Aquireable by burying it for 24 hours this time?

I believe sharks are more common late at night, at least from my experience and knowing that Soniko is a night owl.

I built the Dream Suite, also my town is in the progress of finally upgrading Nookling Junction and building what I presume to be Kick's shop.

I haven't seen the cafe or museum shop in my public works list though. I'm sure I've done all the necessary requirements and it's definitely been more than a week since I got the game, and I've been donating every day.

I think the Cafe doesn't show up until sometime after the Museum renovations, and I think that is unlocked after donating a set number of things to Blathers.

Still waiting on the Cafe to unlock on my end, I got the Museum renovations finished like yesterday

The café apparently unlocks after you donate 50 items to the Museum, with at least 1 item in each of the 4 sections, bones, fish, insects and art, I'll find out if this is true tomorrow, since I got my first painting from Redd!

Is anyone else having to share their game with a little kid? Because I have to say, this is starting to get pretty amusing. My nephew seems to think he can put an apple on Re-tail's flea market for...744,000 bells.

Any buyers?

Anyone?

...Anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa now. Is it Fake? Which one did you pick out?

Redd sells mostly forgeries, sorry to say.

I'm well aware of the fakes, so only going for the legit ones with the tumblr guide I've got just for this, until I find another way of buying paintings/statues which are clearly not accessible to me yet.

Oh and I picked out "Perfect Painting" it has no fakes.

Edited by Super Soniko

Is anyone else having to share their game with a little kid? Because I have to say, this is starting to get pretty amusing. My nephew seems to think he can put an apple on Re-tail's flea market for...744,000 bells.

Any buyers?

Anyone?

...Anyone?

Aww cute!

My copy was dispatched today so I think I'll have to save up for that just to make your nephew happy! :D

Are the fruits changed each time you reset? I used to restart until I got a fruit I liked lol!

Aww cute!

My copy was dispatched today so I think I'll have to save up for that just to make your nephew happy! biggrin.png

Are the fruits changed each time you reset? I used to restart until I got a fruit I liked lol!

Yes, the native fruit is randomly generated each time you start a town.

I need this badly. I can't believe they're making nenderoids of this game.

FIG-MOE-9524.jpg

She is the one neighbor you wish you could have but never will...

So, guys I got the original animal crossing on gamecube today (haven't played it yet but will later) and have to ask what are the major differences between new leaf and the original (I only paid 4 bucks for it surprisingly so it was basically a steal).

So, guys I got the original animal crossing on gamecube today (haven't played it yet but will later) and have to ask what are the major differences between new leaf and the original (I only paid 4 bucks for it surprisingly so it was basically a steal).

Americanized holidays in the Gamecube version, along with lack of facial customization. There are really no shops besides for Tom Nook and you aren't the mayor. You basically can't do as much, but yet there is enough to keep you busy for a long time.

This explains most of the changes, though you'll also have to look up info on other AC games to get an idea of some of the new features that weren't in the GC version but were in the other games before New Leaf. Also keep in mind that a lot of people didn't think that Wild World and City Folk changed enough (especially the latter), and that New Leaf is regarded as being the game that has brought about the most improvements.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_New_Leaf