Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

You're a slave in this game.

You're nothing more then a public figurehead for the animals while a racoon works you to death by paying off an infinite amount of loans.

You cannot escape your town. You and up to three friends can visit each other's towns, but there is no escape.

The animals are always watching you. Make one mistake and you just might wake up with your eye missing.

Beware.....

It's pretty good mate

So not only is Nintendo ripping off TF2 by making their own Hat Simulator with Streetpass Quest, they are also exposing people to the crushing defeat of endless debt? Those fiends!

Edited by EuroMIX

Oh, and Soniko, when you upgrade the shops the opening times change. Nookington's changes to stay open until 5 am after the first upgrade.

Just to follow this up, if I recall, to do this spend 12,000 bells at the shop and it will upgrade once you've played for 10 days.

Been playing this since Saturday and ho boy, it's super addicting! :3 There have been days where I play in short bursts and then other times when I play for hours. The town of Willows (just randomly came to mind, I like it >>) has some cute residents including Gala, Marcel and Rudy. So glad I didn't end up with some of the annoying ones like *shudder* Coco.

Anyway, I finally got the Island today and the wait was so worth it! Now I'm gonna be busy busy busy collecting all the bugs and fish for my museum and saving up Medals for a wetsuit. And I'm not using time travel, because that's cheating. =P

One last thing...where the hell is everyone finding Tarantulas? Cos I haven't seen a single one, not even on the Island. Only beetles and butterflies for me.

Tartantulas show up at night in the actual Village. They just hang around on the ground, moving slowly until they notice you. Then they sit and stare, waiting to attack if you get too close.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tartantulas show up at night in the actual Village. They just hang around on the ground, moving slowly until they notice you. Then they sit and stare, waiting to attack if you get too close.

Thanks! I'll try and keep an eye out for them. I don't think I've ever bumped into any. O.O

I've discovered the beauty of the Island and now I'm there just stag hunting for a good half hour/hour? Then I come back and I've earned around350,000 bells in a trip. I've become the wealthiest man in Valayria and have single handedly paid off two loads and funded two projects. BUT I CAN'T BUILD ANY SHOPS OR BUILDINGS YET FFFFFF-

Shops are built depending on how much you spent at the other shops. I think Dr. Shrunk shows up with the proposal for Club LOL once Nookling Junction becomes TnT Mart. You need to spend 20,000 bells for Nookling Junction to upgrade.

I'm really enjoying New Leaf so far. It shows what Nintendo can do when they put effort into their games huh? tongue.png

Joking aside, this game is REALLY ADDICTIVE. If it wasn't for the stops Isabelle puts on your progress once in a while, I don't think I would put the game down. There is a lot to do.

My only real gripe with the game is the quality of online play. I can't spend five minutes in a friends town without being disconnected. Maybe it's just my internet. It always seems to be. Anyone else have this problem?

Caught 2 more Tarantula's tonight but my batteries ran out before I got to my charger uuurgh, Who here wants one? I seem to come across them a fair bit more than the rest of you, and I'd love to share them, they're pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woah, can't believe Gracie and Savannah are actually males in the Japanese versions of Animal Crossing games!

Savannah I can understand as she's kinda androgynous but seriously, Gracie?

woah

Does anyone else hate how sensitive the beetles seem to be in this game?

Yeah, I mean if I even walk near a tree they fly off.

The beetles were just as sensitive in City Folk, they are incredibly valuable so I see why. You need to approach them from below, and make sure you ready the net with A button so you go slowly.

Caught 2 more Tarantula's tonight but my batteries ran out before I got to my charger uuurgh, Who here wants one? I seem to come across them a fair bit more than the rest of you, and I'd love to share them, they're pretty awesome.

I wouldn't mind having one please. ^^ Which reminds me...here's my FC!

5000-2089-5643

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok! I'll keep you guys posted when I catch another, I know Noir wants one too, and Tenchi so I'll let you guys decide if you'd like me to contribute to your museums, I'll also be needing your friend codes!

Here's mine! 2552-0443-1735!

Aww! Guys just seen another one, but it accidently walked into the river before I could catch it :/ Stupid thing.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 3

Though my role here is primarily lurking, I have found myself in desperate need of friendly New Leafites. It is once again time to break radio silence.

I've gone through this topic and added everyone who has posted their friend code or has it in their signature, and I'd be very pleased if you all respond in kind! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Here is mine: 3823-9058-5047

Thaank youuuu~

P.S. Anyone got a spare slingshot?

Edited by Loonboondoggle

Ok! I'll keep you guys posted when I catch another, I know Noir wants one too, and Tenchi so I'll let you guys decide if you'd like me to contribute to your museums, I'll also be needing your friend codes!

Here's mine! 2552-0443-1735!

Aww! Guys just seen another one, but it accidently walked into the river before I could catch it :/ Stupid thing.

Please check my sig for it! I already added you. ^^'

I don't even have a sling shot yet, will probably become available later for me.

I don't even have a sling shot yet, will probably become available later for me.

Same here... Thanks for adding me Soniko, I will be on in an hour or so. I gotta go eat first...

Speaking of slingshots, if you don't have one when you see a floating present, if you wait until it goes down a cliff, you can hit the balloon with a net and get the present that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am going to do something a little ambitious soon. I spoke with Tornado about creating a trading thread for this because this game has so much content that I feel everyone can benefit from it.

He told me it was OK as long as I have a plan to keep it under control, so sit tight. I really want everyone in SSMB who has NL to be a part of it, because I think we will have a lot of fun as long as things are set up right, so stay tuned.

Edit: If you have any suggestions right now on how I should pull this off (rules, etc...), PM me right away. This is something new for me so I am open to anything as long as it makes sense. tongue.png

Edit #2: 

OK, done.

Edited by tenchibr

Does anyone else hate how sensitive the beetles seem to be in this game?

Not really, because they've always been like that. I slowly edge towards them from below and after playing for a while you know roughly how near you need to be to bugs to get them, so it gets a bit easier with practice.

My fc:

1118-0854-9339

My town's name is Sunset!

Just FYI I am doing a blog that's featuring my daily adventures and stuff that goes on in my town. I have no idea how long i'm going to keep this up but I am having fun doing it.

http://cameronsunset.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by AzureHedgehog

So I've just started New Leaf. My town's name is Seabay.

So far I've planted a tree and got a tent for my home so far. Also got a shovel and fishing rod. Things are just beginning for my first entry to the series so I hope I'll enjoy it.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer