Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

First4Figures.

Those are statues, not action figures. I want an adult collector aimed line of Sonic action figures.

Rule of Funny.

Surely you jest. It'd have to actually be funny and not fist shaking if that were to be true.

Those are statues, not action figures. I want an adult collector aimed line of Sonic action figures.

I suppose it's because Sonic is a series that's audience is by far mostly made up of children. We have a line of adult-based merchandise from F4F and the occasional Jazwares special for Comic-Con and the like. Jazwares in general are really trying to target the market that will be able to buy all their figures, which I suppose includes adults too. But being a series where kids are the main audience, there's little reason to have more things for adults. It's not got a cult following like say Pokémon or Marvel.

Now this one seems silly, but these are just pet peeves after all. I'm playing ;06 and have just been reminding of how silly it looks when Knuckles climbs walls by holding on to them. He's really strong, and has these huge spikes on his hands that let him dig into the grand and wall. So why does he use his hands like suction cups? It looks crap.

sonic06knucklesclimb.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Surely you jest. It'd have to actually be funny and not fist shaking if that were to be true.

Humor is very subjective. In any case, it's a cartoon, there's not much logic in it.

Maybe so, but there's a difference between simple cartoonish logic and straight up making a character look like an idiot. And that's no good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe so, but there's a difference between simple cartoonish logic and straight up making a character look like an idiot. And that's no good.

That's the joke.

That's the joke.

eh, I find sonamy funny only when Sonic is uber repulsed by her,

bordering being gay.

I don't find Yandere Amy funny though...

• Thumbs Up 1

That's the joke.

Eh, not fond of that kind of anime-worthy stuff. I'll stick with Robotnik's public announcements if that's okay with everybody.

Eh, not fond of that kind of anime-worthy stuff. I'll stick with Robotnik's public announcements if that's okay with everybody.

.....How is it Anime?

Edited by Popo

what the hell is the difference between an "adult collector aimed" action figure and a regular action figure

Why do you want a collector-aimed line of Sonic figures?

what the hell is the difference between an "adult collector aimed" action figure and a regular action figure

Childish adults feel mature purchasing them?

Edited by Toby Barrett

...The packet includes the word "adult"?

.....How is it Anime?

It's the sort of thing I equate mostly to anime, and most anime-specific/popular things tend to not be my thing, such as the Tsundere trope.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I suppose a line aimed at adult collectors would be of better build and be more robust, on the whole, but there isn't much difference asides.

Or maybe adult versions would resemble something like the Batman-Sonic in Sonic CD, or something like Bad Boxart Mega Man.

Why do you want a collector-aimed line of Sonic figures?

Its kind of obvious, if you've seen my past posts about Jazwares.

It's the sort of thing I equate mostly to anime, and most anime-specific/popular things tend to not be my thing, such as the Tsundere trope.

Ok, I've watched a lot of Anime, pretty sure that joke isn't one of them. And I don't know why, but this sounded more discriminatory than it should have.

Why isn't there an adult collector aimed line of Sonic figures?

Sonic is a game geared towards children.

They made action figures based on a game geared towards children.

get it

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 5

Ok, I've watched a lot of Anime, pretty sure that joke isn't one of them. And I don't know why, but this sounded more discriminatory than it should have.

...No, I'm not against anything Japanese. I'm simply not much of an anime person. And things that are more commonly/most often found in anime are usually not my cup of tea. And the "character mistakes another character against all common sense" sounds like something that would fit right in.

Sonic is mostly aimed at kids.

I'm pretty sure he knows this by now... that is, unless you're implying he'd buy those sort of action figures...

Let's be honest though Komodin, buying "adult" Sonic figures in itself would already raise eyebrows.

...No, I'm not against anything Japanese. I'm simply not much of an anime person. And things that are more commonly/most often found in anime are usually not my cup of tea. And the "character mistakes another character against all common sense" sounds like something that would fit right in.

Meh.

SO yeah, them adult figures.

What grinds my gears is that some people think 06's stage tropes are original.

Wave Ocean - Emerald Coast: is to Emerald Coast what Splash Hill is to Green Hill.

Dusty Desert - Any Pyramid/Desert stage in SA2: Quicksand, and a pyramid stage.

White Acropolis - Ice Cap: Both are snow themed and have a snowboard section.

Crisis City - Speed Highway/City Escape with fire monsters.

Flame Core - Red Mountain: Outside volcano, then inside volcano.

Radical Train - Sky Rail: Both are set in a canyon region.

Tropical Jungle - Green Forest and Mystic Ruins: Sonic's version is a jungle, Rouge/Silver's version has temple like ruins.

Kingdom Valley - Lost World: Except the ruins are castle themed.

Aquatic Ruin - Final Egg and The ARK: Both are final Eggman bases, and it was also a big futuristic science lab where the evil clone character is created.