Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Who says it?

Gamma or Omega I presume.

Gamma models from Sonic Battle, they aren't exactly Gamma but battle look-a-likes with 2 fists rather than one fist and a gun arm.

dammit Palas ninja'd

Edited by Gum/ Super Soniko

You can learn the ultimate move too, which is essentially Gamma's recovery mode explosion after death which results in insta kill almost twice as quick as Gamma's, since Emerl doesn't speak he simply doesn't have that much of a delay and explodes after death.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can learn the ultimate move too, which is essentially Gamma's recovery mode explosion after death which results in insta kill almost twice as quick as Gamma's, since Emerl doesn't speak he simply doesn't have that much of a delay and explodes after death.

Oh, can you? I never went too far into the ultimate moves (exactly because I can keep my cool at Virtual Training UNTIL GAMMA APPEARS ON IT).

Oh I understand now.

I still need to play Battle, my sister says it's great.

Oh, pet peeve?

They took down Sonic and the black knight in my game traders.

So wanted to play it.

Oh, can you? I never went too far into the ultimate moves (exactly because I can keep my cool at Virtual Training UNTIL GAMMA APPEARS ON IT).

I think the ultimate move spawns Sonic's air mines after death too so the effect has a wider blast radius making it hard to get away with a slow character.

So it's basically...

Gamma Explosion + Spawns 3-4 Sonic Air trap mines around body = Insta kill effect if you haven't got those moves auto-blocked when selecting your special move load out.

Eggman Nega is one, big pet-peeve of mine. They finally give us a new recurring villain and its essentially just a recolor of a previously existing villain (and no, merely giving this "new" character a few different personality traits from the one hes based on isnt enough to justify his existence).

Eggman Nega is one, big pet-peeve of mine. They finally give us a new recurring villain and its essentially just a recolor of a previously existing villain (and no, merely giving this "new" character a few different personality traits from the one hes based on isnt enough to justify his existence).

I'm with you, brotha. If they had to make an alternate Eggman, they could have done so much better than the rehash we got (like maybe a thin, nerdy, young scientist who has a full set of hair, is clean shaven, wears a lab coat as a cape, wears jeans and has a flying sports car for an Eggmobile, for instance).

Edited by Spin Attaxx

The only thing I like about Nega is that his outfit is an homage to Classic Eggman, which has now been made obsolete by Classic Eggman appearing in a new game anyway. So yeah, I'd gladly never see Nega ever again.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the ending to Rivals 2 is any indication, he's now Ifrit chow.

Whenever people say that being a fan of the Japanese side of Sonic makes you a weaboo. As in, liking the classic Japanese artwork, preferring the Japanese canon over the American one, etc. It also does not mean disliking the Westernized canon makes you a weaboo. However, it is stupid whenever you like the JP Sonic simply because of it's Japanese origin.

The thing is, the word "Weeaboo" is thrown around here and on other sites without rhyme or reason and without considering what the term actually means.

A Weeaboo is the kind of person who considers something superior not just because they consider it "better" but because it's Japanese. The country of origin for the thing of interest is the subject of worship, not just the thing's own merits.

I don't care that the true story, the superior Sonic CD soundtrack, the superior VA's and the superior version of Sonic X is of Japanese origin because that mere fact means nothing in regards to why I like them.

Which leads me onto another peeve; The way Non-SoJ characters are considered "unofficial" by certain fans i.e The characters from SatAM and Archie. It's a load of crap because these characters belong to SEGA and are "official" as any other character. Just because they aren't in the games continuity it doesn't make them unofficial. Non-canon but not unofficial.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ironic considering we got Shadow running around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironic considering we got Shadow running around.

Shadow, at the very least, has the excuse of looking relatively different from Sonic (and I don't just mean having a different color palette), and having a generally different personality. Nega was basically a more insane Eggman, and Eggman is already doing a fine job of steadily becoming crazier over time, thank you very much.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pet peeve of mine? Shadow's personality most of the time. His character is supposed to be angsty, but that doesn't mean he can't have some damn passion. And what else of his personality? A supposed rivalry with Sonic... which we never see outside of specific boss fights.

Shadow, at the very least, has the excuse of looking relatively different from Sonic (and I don't just mean having a different color palette), and having a generally different personality. Nega was basically Eggman trying to be more evil at best.

Exactly. Shadow isn't only an "evil twin", he also has a lot of things that separates him from Sonic.

Also, it's okay for a good character to have an evil twin. But for an evil character to have an evil twin? Get the fuck out.

Another pet-peeve of mine is debates of whether Sonic lives on Earth or Mobius. Mobius was only used in the American storylines of the classic games, along with AoSTH and SatAM. The Japanese canon shows that Sonic lives on Earth, and seeing as how the Western canon is dead (with the only remnant of it being the Archie comics), along with the release of Sonic Adventure, and games like Unleashed, it's pretty much safe to say Sonic lives on Earth. Not that I particularly care where Sonic lives :V

Edited by Felix

I hate how someone thought it was a good idea to have the 06 models have teeth. They look out of place, ESPECIALLY on Rouge. Those things crossed with Rouge will haunt your nightmares. On Sonic, Shadow and Silver, their teeth makes them look almost as derpy as

Exactly. Shadow isn't only an "evil twin", he also has a lot of things that separates him from Sonic.

Also, it's okay for a good character to have an evil twin. But for an evil character to have an evil twin? Get the fuck out.

I think I can elaborate further on this, with the Four Swords Links in that Zelda Manga. Yes, they are all pretty much recolors of each other, but their different personalities and the way they interact with each other makes them generally pretty different, and able to reasonably stand on their own to some degree.

Hell, looking at Kid Icarus Uprising's Dark Pit might be an even better example: He's basically a clone of Pit, but his personal motivations are different, and his attitude is generally different, so he can reasonably stand on his own.

That is redundant when you think about it.

I hate how someone thought it was a good idea to have the 06 models have teeth. They look out of place, ESPECIALLY on Rouge. Those things crossed with Rouge will haunt your nightmares. On Sonic, Shadow and Silver, their teeth makes them look almost as derpy as

Indeed. Sonic look like he has charcoal briquette's for teeth;

killitwithfire.pngdeadlol.png

Eurgh...Sonic's model is itself a huge peeve of mine =/ His torso is too oblong, his mouth is centered, the eyes are dead, the spines are overly long and his eye-ridges bulge over his eyes. Speaking of the eyes, I really dislike the way the white highlight nearly consumes the pupil. Awful awful model.

Long live SatSR+ Sonic design!

• Thumbs Up 2

...why shouldn't they have teeth? If the teeth look weird in '06, I would say that's more a fault of '06's ugly models and poor animation than an inherent quality of Sonic characters having teeth.

e:

his mouth is centered
I still think there's nothing wrong with this and too much side-mouth looks weird. Mouths are supposed to be centered, not jerked off to the side like some shitty anime drawings. Edited by hella jeff

...why shouldn't they have teeth? If the teeth look weird in '06, I would say that's more a fault of '06's ugly models and poor animation than an inherent quality of Sonic characters having teeth.

I'm not saying that Sonic and Co. shouldn't have teeth, I mean they pretty much nailed it in Generations.

Maybe I worded it wrong - I probably should've said "I hate how someone thought it was a good idea to have the 06 models have teeth that look horrendously out of place and makes them look stupid/nightmarish"

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I still think there's nothing wrong with this and too much side-mouth looks weird. Mouths are supposed to be centered, not jerked off to the side like some shitty anime drawings.

I can't help but think the opposite. Sonic characters instantly lose some characteristics of their design when you render them in 3D (see Generations statue room), like many cartoon characters. The side mouth just looks the part of Sonic to me, and I love that they insist on it nowadays. It suits his character and the others than have it. And because hardly any of the of characters even have a defined space for a mouth, pushing off to the side works.

Not every character should have a side-mouth though. Of course there's Jet and co who have beaks (and teeth), but less mature characters suit the centred mouth. The positioning of it can really change how a characters personality is portrayed.

Made this a while ago-

sonicmouthvariety.png

Top L-R: Generations centred, Unleashed centred, Generations

Bottom L-R: No mouth, Unleashed, Perfection

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9

Yeah, side-mouths have more of a "Sonic" feel than centered mouths (unless the camera angle is directly at their face).

I can't help but think the opposite. Sonic characters instantly lose some characteristics of their design when you render them in 3D (see Generations statue room), like many cartoon characters. The side mouth just looks the part of Sonic to me, and I love that they insist on it nowadays. It suits his character and the others than have it. And because hardly any of the of characters even have a defined space for a mouth, pushing off to the side works.

Not every character should have a side-mouth though. Of course there's Jet and co who have beaks (and teeth), but less mature characters suit the centred mouth. The positioning of it can really change how a characters personality is portrayed.

Made this a while ago-

sonicmouthvariety.png

Top L-R: Generations centred, Unleashed centred, Generations

Bottom L-R: No mouth, Unleashed, Perfection

I think i actually like the "no mouth" best of all. Probably because it reminds me of the in-game sprite in Sonic 1 and 2.