Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Remember, Hidden Palace's entire existence was retconned with SA1.
Where?

There's been absolutely no mention of the place except in S3K.
There's been no mention of a lot of things in this series after they've happened.

Where?

There's been no mention of a lot of things in this series after they've happened.

Thing is, Hidden Palace was there to house the Master and Super Emeralds. The Master Emerald is shown to have always existed at the Altar in both the past and present now, and the Super Emeralds are of questionable canon. It could potentially still exist, but everything related to it that has reappeared in the series has had a different background.

Bonus points over the fact that Gerald based the shrine inside the deepest part of the colony on the one that is on the outside of Angel Island and not Hidden Palace, possibly backing up the notion that he didn't see Hidden Palace and by extension the mural.

It's possible that the mural was replicated by other echidna tribes in a set of different ruins.

The mural also kinda looks like Gerald creating Super Shadow with a Chaos Emerald. Maybe that's how Gerald interpreted the prophecy.

As for Hidden Palace, maybe it's a gateway to the Master Emerald altar (as if to say, instead of the altar being inside with giant crystal flowers, it was canonically out in the open like in later games)?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

The Master Emerald is shown to have always existed at the Altar in both the past and present now,
I contest the word "always".

Yes, if you ignore S3&K, the only proper resting place that we've seen for it is the ancient altar. But the emerald isn't immobile; it isn't pinned to the altar like the sword in the stone. The fact that it's seen in the altar some thousands of years in the past, and at the time of SA, is not proof that it has never moved from the altar. HPZ could've been constructed later, the emerald moved to it some time before S3&K, and moved back to the old shrine between S3&K and SA.

This is all probably irrelevant anyway, since it's not likely that Gerald ever saw the HPZ mural in person (because how would Gerald end up on this island that's supposed to be a legend, and find his way to the most secret part of it, just one room away from the gem it exists to hide and protect, and not get punched out by whoever was guarding it). But the dude undeniably studied/knew of ancient echidnean shit, given the fake shrine and the artificial chaos, and it's not impossible that the legend/prophecy was duplicated somewhere else that he could run across it.

I wish they had included at least a shot of the mural in SA2. Maybe they had a different story earlier in development that did explain their similarities, but when it changed they just decided not to bother coming up with another reason.

Edited by Pawn

I think one of my biggest sonic pet-peeves is when people actually confuse Sonic with Shadow. Um, wha? ._.

Also when peeps be trying to start something; telling me Mario is better than Sonic. Agh, I am so over that. Clearly I am a Sonic fan, yet people keep going and going.

I still think it was the Chaos Emeralds that made Shadow hedgehog-gy as a side effect of its energies. No mural needed there.

I still think it was the Chaos Emeralds that made Shadow hedgehog-gy as a side effect of its energies. No mural needed there.

...What?

I'm sorry, but as all-purpose as the Emeralds can be, I really can't imagine Shadow's hedgehog form being granted to him by them. It just sounds a little too random.

Super Silver. I don't HATE him like with Nega, but I wonder... why? All other characters who have a super (or burning) form have a reason that justifies it: Sonic's the hero and the one who started the trend, Tails and Knuckles's super forms have been retconned out of existance, Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform and is essentially "Dark Sonic", Blaze is Sonic's parallel counterpart. Silver... why does he have a super form again? With his lack of appearences, Super Silver seems to have be made just so he can have an excuse to fight Solaris and that's it. I'm wondering if he's even canon anymore.

Either that or having him use the Emeralds like Sonic and Shadow would make him another Top Tier type of character since the entirety of 06' loved to reinforce Silver as a force to be reckoned with until you had actually control him.

Kind of funny that they really thought Silver would gain the same amount of appeal like Shadow did in his debut game.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Well he is a hedgehog, and according to a casual look at DeviantART a look on the outside, the fans only care for hedgehogs, echidnas, and Moreau-wothy fusions.

I think one of my biggest sonic pet-peeves is when people actually confuse Sonic with Shadow. Um, wha? ._.
This seems relevant enough.

URs3RsC16kKtpb6rsLS76g2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I still laugh at all the excuses people make for both the Shadow and Silver mishaps. I don't care if Sonic was the only supersonic hedgehog back in SA2, and I certainly don't care if it was night time for the latter case; if you confuse black and red and a pot leaf for the Blue Blur, then you're blind, and that's the fucking end of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It was kinda justified when the police people confused the two because it was at night. But when Amy meets Shadow in broad daylight? Ridiculous.

No no, I was just talking about Amy.

Really, I've heard some try to justify it with the possibility that Sonic would one day decide to paint himself black and red. And I suppose he'd be fine with weaing jet shoes too, then.

Really, I've heard some try to justify it with the possibility that Sonic would one day decide to paint himself black and red.
K3ItV.gif

Ok, another pet peeve. In ShTH in the president's office there is a picture with Sonic and Shadow. There was never a time for that picture to be taken. Not anything big, but it bugs me.

I never really held ShTH's story as something cohesive. I thought it was just some random events that tried to look cool.

and failed...

Well, I can explain that fairly easily.

Time keeps repeating itself. Every single one of the story routes happened. All 326 of them.

The Black Arms had a time machine, utilised for whenever they cock things up. Whenever they do something wrong, or get an idea during one of their invasions, they start over, using Westopolis as a regroup area. Unfortunately, Black Doom is an extreme control freak, so absolutely everything has to be perfect in regards to making Shadow his choir boy. So in other words:

Did Shadow help Sonic & Co. and fight the Black Arms? Fucking start over.

Did Shadow accept his place as a Shadow Android in any way? Fucking start over.

Did Shadow want to take over Doom's alien empire? Fucking start over.

Did Shadow decide to become an A.R.K. hermit? Fucking start over.

Did Shadow join the Black Arms but only to spite Sonic and not for global domination? Fucking start over.

Did Shadow actually, truthfully join the Black Arms as the servant of Doom? Yes, but Doom is easily paranoid. Fucking start over.

After a long, and long, and long, and long, and long, and long, and long, and long, and long, and LONG period of non-stop redundancy involving traitors, computer rooms, hammy generals, Anakin-Lite wangst, genocide shinanegans, Inspector Gadget impersonations, espionage hilarity and enough madness to make David Lynch do a double take, Shadow finally found the time machine and blew it up, cue the beginning of the Last Story, which was halfway in one of the Black Comet levels, explaning why Doom, Sonic and Robotnik were all unharmed. Time no longer on their side, the aliens were slaughtered, their leader beaten within a Devil-shaped inch of his life, and their home comet reduced to glowing rubble.

Little did they know, Doom had one last trick up his sleeve, spontaneously combusting and transforming into a near-perfect replica of the blue Chaos Emerald, eventually finding his way to Princess Elise. Because if he can't control the world, then fuck the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

... that... makes so. Much. Sense.

Now we know what path of Shadow The Hedgehog is canon, and how the blue emerald can be with Elise since childhood and still have Sonic 1 - Shadow happen.

*applauds*

No no, I was just talking about Amy.

Really, I've heard some try to justify it with the possibility that Sonic would one day decide to paint himself black and red. And I suppose he'd be fine with weaing jet shoes too, then.

Rule of Funny.