Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Hm, now that I remember, I do have something of a beef with fanfics where Sonic is characterized as being the typical Idiot Hero (e.g., Goku, Naruto). While I certainly wouldn't want a Genius!Sonic that can solve every problem in the story without fuss (that makes for a pretty boring story, if you ask me), but to characterize him as a total idiot who can barely function properly... eh, I just don't like that, At all.

Agreed, which is why it really annoyed me when at one point in Colors Sonic says something like "Nobody told me there would be reading involved!". First of all, i hate the stereotype that just because a person is youthfull and cocky he also has to be completely uninterested in intellectually stimulating activities. Also, we've seen Sonic read in offical artwork before, and Secret Rings even showed us that he owns a whole bunch of books, so why in the world would he suddenly be all against it? I really hope the modern writers never do that "Sonic is not that smart" angle again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed, which is why it really annoyed me when at one point in Colors Sonic says something like "Nobody told me there would be reading involved!". First of all, i hate the stereotype that just because a person is youthfull and cocky he also has to be completely uninterested in intellectually stimulating activities. Also, we've seen Sonic read in offical artwork before, and Secret Rings even showed us that he owns a whole bunch of books, so why in the world would he suddenly be all against it? I really hope the modern writers never do that "Sonic is not that smart" angle again.

Honestly, I always kinda figured Sonic to be more like a speed reader: Gets down all of the major details from something he reads, but tends to skim over, or completely miss all of the minor details. Tails or Knuckles could be his foil in this department by being able to understand more complex languages (Tails) or being able to understand long forgotten languages and translate them, as well as being more thorough in their reading (Knuckles).

I dunno. Some examples in SatSR proves that he does remember the finer details of what he reads.

In one Levitated Ruin mission, Shahra tells him that the Gargoyles are capable of turning people to stone and he replies that he remembers reading about it. And then he recalls that the Genie of the Lamp is supposed to grant three wishes in the ending. Shahra even implies that the book writes itself as Sonic adventure's more and more, which quite possibly explains why he doesn't make more references to what he's read or perhaps because he didn't get that far before he fell asleep XD

I dunno. Some examples in SatSR proves that he does remember the finer details of what he reads.

In one Levitated Ruin mission, Shahra tells him that the Gargoyles are capable of turning people to stone and he replies that he remembers reading about it. And then he recalls that the Genie of the Lamp is supposed to grant three wishes in the ending. Shahra even implies that the book writes itself as Sonic adventure's more and more, which quite possibly explains why he doesn't make more references to what he's read or perhaps because he didn't get that far before he fell asleep XD

Well, it's just my personal viewpoint of him, and because I am trying to think of ways to balance him out with other characters.

What was King Boom Boo when he was alive?

Maybe he was always like that. I think there are some mediums where Ghosts are just another supernatural being, like vampires and werewolves, and not necessarily a dead person returned/stuck on to a world he no longer belongs in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe he was always like that. I think there are some mediums where Ghosts are just another supernatural being, like vampires and werewolves, and not necessarily a dead person returned/stuck on to a world he no longer belongs in.

But Tikal is a ghost of a dead person.

And she's a completely different type of ghost. I don't see the problem here.

Doesn't mean all ghosts are dead people in the games.

A good example of ghosts being a "race" is Casper the Friendly Ghost in which Casper has a ghostly family and his parents were ghosts when they married.

A possible example of King Boom Boo being of entirely supernatural origin are the hieroglyphs in his chamber that are ancient and portray him as a monster.

Okay, this whole ghost thing has me thinking about a particular trio of ghosts; namely, the Night of the Werehog ones.

Were they always supernatural beings who happen to be stuck in an eternal love triangle, or are they all dead people stuck in a love triangle even in the afterlife, chained down to that old mansion as a result of a curse created by their feuding love?

What was King Boom Boo when he was alive?

Princess Sally Acorn?

I don't know. I think he's just been a ghost forever.

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Okay, this whole ghost thing has me thinking about a particular trio of ghosts; namely, the Night of the Werehog ones.

Were they always supernatural beings who happen to be stuck in an eternal love triangle, or are they all dead people stuck in a love triangle even in the afterlife, chained down to that old mansion as a result of a curse created by their feuding love?

Interestingly, some of Raa's photos appears to be of her when she was alive;

mmv6l1.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I mean, in 10 years are people gonna be going: "Oh man, Sonic's 30 now, he's getting up there but he still looks young."?

LOL, that's exactly what some people will be saying about ME IRL after just a year-and-a-half. Neither my physical appearance nor my attitude are entirely convincing of my true biological age. MWOOOHAHA. tongue.png

Anyways, to be on topic:

• I was actually annoyed by the fact that at least 1 new Sonic game was being released like every single year. Jeez. I mean, some of us prefer to take time to enjoy games instead of just rushing through them and tossing them aside. And some of us are adults who have tons of other work to do and not enough discretionary income to toss away on evermore new Sonic titles. *sigh*
    • I'm annoyed by the fact that SA2 was never ported to the PC.

• I'm annoyed by the fact that Shadow TH was never ported to the PC.

[*]I'm annoyed that there was no Season3 of SatAM Sonic because of those stupid Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. GRRRR!!!!!

That's about all I have to say.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

• I'm annoyed by the fact that SA2 was never ported to the PC.

Heh, look at the timing on that.

Please make another post stating how annoyed you are that I have yet to win the lottery. I'll split the winnings 50/50 lol

I always figured Sonic didn't sweat the minor details, not so much stupid, but leaving the more critical thinking to the likes of Tails.

Isn't SA2 coming to the PC kinda of... almost right now?

I've heard someone mention it was supposed to come out on Monday. Don't quote me on that.

Biggest pet peeve.

People make Blaze out to be a pathetic, defenseless, useless, ditz just so they can ship Sonic with her.

She is easily one of the strongest characters in the series. Character derailment is no good folks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Biggest pet peeve.

People make Blaze out to be a pathetic, defenseless, useless, ditz just so they can ship Sonic with her.

/shifts eyes over to certain person...

Edited by Malpercio

I suppose it's a good thing I've never encountered anyone doing that to Blaze? Seriously, she's the only female character with a superform and yet we have fans that make her out to be pathetic, defenseless, and useless...what a great way to give a character's traits the middle finger.

• Thumbs Up 2

I suppose it's a good thing I've never encountered anyone doing that to Blaze? Seriously, she's the only female character with a superform and yet we have fans that make her out to be pathetic, defenseless, and useless...what a great way to give a character's traits the middle finger.

Edited by Malpercio

Biggest pet peeve.

She is easily one of the strongest characters in the series. Character derailment is no good folks.

Or Silver. Or Shadow. Or Knuckles. Or NeonBloodSkull the Hedgewalrusechidna XXXIII.

But yeah, it irks me when they make one of the most powerful females in the series a wuss so they can make their super-awesome fancharacter awesomer and make her fall head-over-high-heels in love with them and completely ignore her duties to marry her twoo wuvv and have hybrid kids.

Gender equality, ladies and gentlemen!

On the subject of fanfics and fanart, I hate those that are made by people with pretty disgusting... interests. To quote the skiing guy from South Park: "If you Google Image or DeviantART a female Sonic character, you're gonna have a bad time".

Edited by Spin Attaxx