Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Economics really isn’t this franchise’s strong suit, honestly. 😂

• 3 years later...

It's hilarious/sad when people try to connect Ultra Sonic, a very rarely used form in Archie Sonic, to Goku Ultra Instinct. Just...no. They both have "ultra" in the name. That's the only connection, people.

3 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

It's hilarious/sad when people try to connect Ultra Sonic, a very rarely used form in Archie Sonic, to Goku Ultra Instinct. Just...no. They both have "ultra" in the name. That's the only connection, people.

Wait, "Ultra Sonic"? We had an Ultra Sonic at some point???

• 8 months later...

I don't like how you have to hold forward to boost in Frontiers. I'm never able to go in a completely straight line.

I'm sure I replied to this thread when it was created over a decade ago, but I'm way too lazy to go back and check, so I'm just gonna pretend that this is the first time I reply in it. Maybe what I said back then is now outdated anyway and I feel differently. So here is my list of Sonic pet peeves right now:

1. Classic Sonic not having a voice and, at least since after Generations, the other classic versions of the characters seemingly being voice-less as well. It's just weird to me. Also, it limits the characterization potential for characters that currently only exist in the neo-classic branch of the franchise, suck as Fang and Trip. I wanna hear how Fang would interact with the other characters goddammit. Like imagine a conversation between him and Rouge, with them both being similar but Fang being much more willing to straight up do evil and kill people to get his price.

2. The oddly limiting design choice that says that females must always wear clothes and guys, with a few odd exceptions, must never wear clothes. It's so weird. I mean don't we live in a day and age where the ideal is to not hold male and female characters to different standards, not the least in terms of character design?

3. Modern Metal Sonic's pupils. Classic Metal Sonic had these huge and perfectly round pupils, and it gave him an awesome deranged look, as if he was insane. Then come SA:2 Battle they redesigned him and gave him the same narrow, almost slit-like pupils that modern Sonic has, and it just doesn't look nearly as good.

4. Vector's voice post-Heroes. Oh Vector, what did they do to you. You had a great voice in Heroes, being gruff and sorta cartoony but also realistic enough not to sound fake. It was very charming. But then 4kids came along and give you this bullshit Barney Gumble ass sounding voice that just stuck ever since, even with a voice actor change. I just hate hearing post-Heroes Vector talk because I can never get over that this crappy cartoon voice is what the character is apparently supposed to be stuck with for all eternity even when changes in voice actors occur.

5. The fact that there is no canonical explanation for why Shadow just so happens to be so similar to Sonic in terms of abilities. Also the fact that Shadow supposedly has all of Sonic's abilities plus his own, making him essentially just "Sonic but better". That's so lame and lazy to me. I know that the same can be said for Metal Sonic but he at least remains an antagonist. Shadow meanwhile annoys me as a concpet and character because whenever he's being a good guy he's litteraly "the even better Sonic".

6. The existance of Eggman Nega. If Shadow can come of as "Sonic but better", then Nega is much worse because he litterally IS "Eggman, but evil". I remember many years ago when Nega was first revealed as a character when someone on a forum said "you know you've become a lame villain when you get an evil twin". And I agree. It's one thing when a good guy has an evil twin type character, cause like yeah, the difference between them is that one is good and the otehr is evil. But when you're a villain and you get an evil twin then this loudly speaks that you're not a particularly badass villain. WE don't need a new "villainous Eggman" because, hello, Eggman is supposed to be the villanous Eggman!

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really wish that the slide was visually replaced with the roll, since it already functions pretty much the same as one. You even gain speed when sliding downhill!

• Thumbs Up 1