Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Whether it be among the fanbase or in the main continuity, there are many things out there that will most likely make you cringe. Some things among the fanbase might be those recolored fancharacters or the idea of Shadow being Sonic's brother. In the main continuity, it might be extremely cheesy one-liners or bland plots.

...I have a feeling this topic is going to fill up quickly.

EDIT: My hunch was correct!

Edited by Time Eater

or the idea of Shadow being Sonic's brother.

Wait...what?

Well, many of the lines in various Sonic stories make me cringe. Part of the reason I can't stand to watch the entireity of several 06 and SA1 cutscenes. Or that one CGI Space Scene in the SA2 Hero Story "Don't touch that lever! Aahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails Doll's memetic status. The curse joke isn't even all that interesting, further reinforced by Tails Doll itself being uninteresting roster padding in a terrible racing game, but it's gotten to the point that I can't tell whether or not people seriously think that thing's actually a good character or not. Some of them undoubtedly do, and I simply can't empathize at all. There's absolutely nothing about the Tails Doll to even like in the first place. It just exists. :|

• Thumbs Up 8

CG rendered cover art.

I miss hand-drawn art. It stands out better than generic CG crap they put on covers nowadays.

I personally don't think Modern Sonic characters look all that good hand-drawn but that's just me. :\

They are called rings, not coins. Say it with me: RINGS.

I agree with this, it makes me rage SO EFFING MUCH when they call them "Coins"

Outside from that, the stuff that make me cringe the most are some Sonic Adventure 2's bosses intros ("A G-G-G-GHOST??") and Chip's dialogue on the Dark Gaia boss fight in Sonic Unleashed HD. But they aren't really stuff which makes me go insane or anything like that.

EDIT: Oh wait this is fan stuff? D: People asking for a SA3 mostly.

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

SA3 topics, UHGN!

*flips things*

Seriously, probably worn dry topics on Sonic that I've heard a million times. While it's cool for newer people that haven't been in such a thing with it yet, I can't stand reading it any more, XD. Only so much "06 is ____ in my opinion"'s and "Is Shadow a good character" discussions I can handle before I completely lose it XD.

I guess something else that stems from this is my own wild hunger for more main Sonic games to hype about. It's the only thing that "gets me off" in a sense when talking about Sonic any more LOL.

• Thumbs Up 9

- People who assign the age of the series to Sonic himself "Oh the Sonic series is 21 so Sonic himself is 21 in-game!"

This too, I mean, in 10 years are people gonna be going: "Oh man, Sonic's 30 now, he's getting up there but he still looks young."?

• Thumbs Up 2

When people use alternate continuities as evidence of things in the games. Granted, some continuity fans do it less than others (haven't seen anyone call Amy a lesbian based on Sonic the Comic yet :S ), but it's still annoying when anyone does it.

• Thumbs Up 7

The fan nickname for Eggmanland, Crimson Carnival. I mean, it's a somewhat... interesting (and alliterative) name, but seeing it touted as "officlal" on the Sonic News Network honestly bugs me. Don't know why; it just does. unsure.png

• Thumbs Up 8