Awoo.

PSA: Paramount Series Knuckles is a one-time only event on Speed Battle + possibly other games (Speed Sim, Dash, etc)

Ryannumber1gamer

• Boosted!

A somewhat late announcement, but a pretty important one to get out there, given that there's still enough time to get it done - if you've been following along with the Sonic news lately, you will no doubt have heard about the release of the Knuckles series on Paramount+ this week, and if you hadn't through that, if you played any kind of free Sonic game, you'll definitely know, because the version of Knuckles that's in the show has been made a free character in Speed Sim, Dash, Speed Battle, and more.

Well, as it turns out, if you desperately want the Series variant of Knuckles which has his iconic OVA hat, you're gonna need to get your skates on - because according to the event info on Speed Battle, it's one and done.

IMG_2820.png.65154f0dda227bc5ef9f76997018fd9d.png

The movie characters are already very rare in Speed Battle, and it seems Series Knuckles will be rarer. While a rerun is likely when Sonic 3 drops in December, it likely means it'll be the original version of Movie Knuckles that dropped with the second movie, as opposed to Series Knuckles.

It's unknown if this will apply to the likes of Dash, Speed Simulator and so on, but if you want OVA hat Knuckles like I do, I would take the safe route and ensure you get him now.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Blood

• PickleBrows

• Failinhearts

• Ryannumber1gamer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not that I've played this game in a long time, but I'm doubly uninclined to go back for this event if it's the only time he'll be available. Maxing out characters is hard enough in this game without them adding more every other week, and event characters are even harder to level up in their limited availability windows. So if he's just a one-off, what's even the point? He'll be forever under-levelled. 

Speed Simulator is a grind but I find it to be the best current F2P Sonic game for unlocking new characters.

The requirements are usually a straight-forward "collect X number of things" and once you have the character, the upgrades for them are pretty optional and all use a universal currency if you do want to upgrade.

I was able to get the Series Knuckles in less than an hour so not much of an ask.

Speed Battle definitely has the issue of it being a fairly big grind to get the event character, and then a significantly bigger grind to level them up in time to be comptetitively viable. It's a tough sell.

1 hour ago, PickleBrows said:

Speed Simulator is a grind but I find it to be the best current F2P Sonic game for unlocking new characters.

The requirements are usually a straight-forward "collect X number of things" and once you have the character, the upgrades for them are pretty optional and all use a universal currency if you do want to upgrade.

I was able to get the Series Knuckles in less than an hour so not much of an ask.

Speed Battle definitely has the issue of it being a fairly big grind to get the event character, and then a significantly bigger grind to level them up in time to be comptetitively viable. It's a tough sell.

Agreed, every Speed Sim event only takes an hour. A simple task and you have more opportunity to flex your accomplishment due to being a mass multiplayer game.