Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

Superior=/=good, you know.

I think you guys are confusing Mario with Sonic.Sonic games always had more speed than platforming.If it were otherwise it wouldn't be Sonic.Geez people be objective <_<

I am being objective. Not once have I said my opinion about this.

You were implying that because the Generations version of City espcape had more platforming that it doesn't neccesarily make it better than the original or good for that matter; sounds pretty objective to me.

Edited by Shadic93

You were implying that because the Generations version of City espcape had more platforming that it doesn't neccesarily make it better than the original or good for that matter
It may be better than the original, but that does not necessarily mean that it is good.

I am being objective. Not once have I said my opinion about this.

Then you should know that Sonic stages always were 70% speed and 30% platforming with a few exceptions.

No platforming:

Hold right/left and mash jump button to win:

Did you see any moment that actually required precision platforming? I didn't.

It may be better than the original, but that does not necessarily mean that it is good.

Mind explaining why? Because from what I've been reading one of the main problems with Unleashed, was the over reliance on the boost, City Escape only has one real boost segment and that's at the end of the stage with the truck, other than that its mostly platforming something people have been saying the games have been lacking, so I ask once again, Why isn't it good?

What's that have anything to to do with the statement "superior=/=good"?

He missed interpreted your post thinking you said "Generations is nothing but speed, speed".

Mind explaining why? Because from what I've been reading one of the main problems with Unleashed, was the over reliance on the boost, City Escape only has one real boost segment and that's at the end of the stage with the truck, other than that its mostly platforming something people have been saying the games have been lacking, so I ask once again, Why isn't it good?

People forget that the boost is optional, I'm sure that the City Escape footage would've been a lot more exciting if the player was using it more.

• Thumbs Up 1

People forget that the boost is optional, I'm sure that the City Escape footage would've been a lot more exciting if the player was using it more.

I dunno, I mean I can understand why people hate spamming the boost, I hate it too, but you can't do that in city escape, Spamming the boost in that level is possibly the fastest way to get killed. That's what I wanted, level design that requires LESS boost.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I mean I can understand why people hate spamming the boost, I hate it too, but you can't do that in city escape, Spamming the boost in that level is possibly the fastest way to get killed. That's what I wanted, level design that requires LESS boost.

I think increasing the size of City Escape(not like adding a new segment, but literally increasing the size) would help the boost fit in more.

I think increasing the size of City Escape(not like adding a new segment, but literally increasing the size) would help the boost fit in more.

No dude, the less boost the better. I think Dio's problem is stuff like invisible walls that actively refuse exploration of any kind,which I too hate with a passion, but I really don't see any invisible walls in City Escape and the level is already pretty open ended as it is.

No dude, the less boost the better. I think Dio's problem is stuff like invisible walls that actively refuse exploration of any kind,which I too hate with a passion, but I really don't see any invisible walls in City Escape and the level is already pretty open ended as it is.

I just think that it seems a little too short and easy for a later level, correct me if I'm wrong about it being a later level though.

There's no point to making Sonic Adventure 3. They moved on from the Adventure series with Heroes, and again when the franchise made the jump to Next-Gen with Sonic 2006. If they wanted to name an upcoming title Adventure 3 and bring back the franchise, that was the time to do it. Sure, Adventure's gameplay elements have remained and helped make Sonic who he is today, from the grinding to the homing attack, but honestly, Adventure seemed like the surname given to Sonic titles on the Dreamcast, to signify that Sonic was going on an "adventure" into a massive, 3D world, one untethered the 2D restrictions. Sonic's world opened up in a new way in Sonic Adventure. Yeah, I know, we didn't get to explore South Island in that kind of depth, but still, it was unlike any past Sonic game before it, and it DID flesh out the Sonic mythos.

But that gimmick is no longer a gimmick any more, thus, the Adventure title just wouldn't fit. Sonic Heroes was all about taking control of multiple "heroes" and using their strengths to progress through the game. Sonic Unleashed was about blazing through stages at ridiculous speeds, while transforming into a rough-and-tough Gumby the Weretard at night. Sonic Colors was about Sonic using colored aliens to gain different powers, depending on which colored alien he absorbed. And of course, Sonic Generations is about 2 different Sonics from 2 different generations teaming up to take down Time Eater.

Each Sonic title seems to signify the game's gimmick, or what sets it apart from the pack. Calling a game Sonic Adventure 3 this late in the game would just be pointless for that reason alone, let alone that there have been perpetual "Sonic Adventure 3s" released since SEGA became a 3rd party developer.

• Thumbs Up 1

but I really don't see any invisible walls
Well yeah they're invisible.

But seriously, GenMod City Escape is an improvement, but it's still mostly linear corridors and square platforms, and a lot of it feels empty.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well yeah they're invisible.

But seriously, GenMod City Escape is an improvement, but it's still mostly linear corridors and square platforms, and a lot of it feels empty.

Imagine what those levels would be like without the invisible walls, it'd probably make speed running a pain in the ass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really, the first Snowboarding Segment has a shitload of multiple routes, the corridors are hell of a lot more open ended than the original city escape, and there's more than just square platforms.

Sonic games always had more speed than platforming(The original Chemical Plant comes to mind).

Every zone in Sonic 1 that wasn't Green Hill or Starlight Zone would like a word with you.

But they're not as loved, so eh.

Why do Sonic fans want Zeldaesque worlds? It's a platformer,a genre that's linear by nature.

That's why the treasure hunting was a bad idea,deep exploration in huge dungeons and speedy platforming don't mix.

Show me a 3d Sonic Speed Stage that is massively open for exploration Diogenes cause i don't know any.

Show me a 3d Sonic Speed Stage that is massively open for exploration Diogenes cause i don't know any.

Red Mountain, Speed Highway(Specifically the "at dawn" segment), Emerald coast, Sky Deck.

Those levels may be somewhat linear, but they're definitely bigger than anything in Generations(Except for possibly City Escape), and I do understand where Dio's coming from by wanting levels like that.

Edited by Shadic93

Not really, the first Snowboarding Segment has a shitload of multiple routes,
Edited by Diogenes

Red Mountain, Speed Highway(Specifically the "at dawn" segment), Emerald coast, Sky Deck.

Those levels may be somewhat linear, but they're definitely bigger than anything in Generations, and I do understand where Dio's coming from by wanting levels like that.

Edited by pppp

A few linear corridors that link up at a select few places. It's hard to tell, but it doesn't seem like any of them offer anything special, besides being slower or faster than others. And it seems like it's all straight lines and 90-degree turns; I know it's a city, but couldn't they at least throw in a few curves?

Edited by Shadic93

And do you actually gain something from exploring those stages besides more rings/shields or kill a few extra enemies? No.there are no hidden treasures(SA2 stages had each a hidden upgrade but it was a one time only thing),no secret exits nothing.

Why make the stages open to exploration if there's nothing to find? This has always been the reason why i think the Adventure formula is overrated.

Then you better just give up on the franchise cause you're never gonna get that.

• Thumbs Up 1

And do you actually gain something from exploring those stages besides more rings/shields or kill a few extra enemies? No.there are no hidden treasures(SA2 stages had each a hidden upgrade but it was a one time only thing),no secret exits nothing.

Why make the stages open to exploration if there's nothing to find? This has always been the reason why i think the Adventure formula is overrated.

For fuck's sake, I'm not asking for an open world. I just want more than a bunch of hallways.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 4