Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

I will also like to add that a lot of Mario Galaxy 2's gameplay was done in False 3D (Ala 2D) in The Galaxy Games. Galaxy 2 is considered the best fucking game ever made. Why can't Sonic do this? For some reason Sonic games is held to an even higher standard than Mario?

Why this is have no fucking clue!

Well it also had 3D areas like this one:

I think that what a lot of people mean when they say they want a Sonic Adventure 3 is really that they want a new game with the same kind of gameplay as the Sonic and Shadow stages of the first two Adventures (which is of course basically the same that Sega attempted and failed at in 06, but thats kinda beside the point. If it worked well enough twice in the past, it could work again if done with love and care). The boost-tastic gameplay of newer 3D Sonic games is hardly every fans cup of tea.

We shouldn't really be arguing about this in this thread.

Actually since open levels is one of the main reasons people want SA3 it's relevant to the topic's title.

Wait... you guys think there is no plaforming for 3D sections?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc2RMHir8nU&feature=related

They even have multiple paths! At 0:58. Much more platforming in 3D than both Adventures!

bear in mind that this is only one level in the game we've seen of this so far, and as far as I can tell, it about the same in the vein of Adventure 1 (which is a good thing, if I do say so myself).

Whatever they do Adventure 3 or not, they should do it well. Also, should I remind you guys that Spiritual sequels in gameplay =/= Sequel. Sometimes I think this fallacy is said commonly to shut those in demand of it up.

I thought Sean banned the use of this game's name though, or am I mistaken...

Oh I do completely, but this is coming from an person that thinks The Adventures are the superior Sonic games (Sonic Stage Wise). (And don't even say you don't Marcello I see you posting about it all the time)

If your trying to say Sonic Adventure 2 City Escape stage isn't good...will that's subjective ( I love City Escape), but if you are going to say that the old City Escape is better than the newer one I going to laugh at you. Unless you turly just wanted City Escape redone in just HD and not have any improvements at all.

Edited by Marcellof

I think it's simply because of nostalgia and Chao Gardens. That's it. The only reason why people want a sequel to those games, despite the controls/camera issues, hub worlds (Your Milage May Vary), dark storylines, and the unnecessary alternative playstyles, like fishing, (mech) shooting, and treasure hunting those games had. Not to mention they had four spiritual successors to those games (Heroes, Shadow, 06, and Unleashed all share some similarities to those games, with 06 bearing the most similarities).

What really appalls me about these SEGA MAEK SAWNIK ADVENTUR THRE PLEEZ requests is the blind belief that that single game alone will "save" the franchise. These comments still pop up today. As if Colors didn't do anything important.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing from the Adventure games that I would like again in a future Sonic game is a makeover of Sonic's/Shadow's/Tails's gameplay, with some expansions added to it as well. Heck, I can even see a combination of Adventure gameplay and Unleashed gameplay.

Take off your nostagia goggles dude. The original City Escape has even less platforming:

The only real platforming is at 1:51 but the player took the upper homing chain path.

The rest is just some enemies and hold forward to win.

Besides in Generations the saws make everything 10x more awesome B)

Edited by Yeow95

Ok, fine. Let's say you have your SA3.

Have your 6 characters, each with similar gameplay that is completely optional and not mandatory compared to SA2.

Have your crush 40 soundtrack with a little bit of arrangements from recent Sonic games.

Have your light, but still epic storyline.

Have your bounce attack and lightdash on the same button. <--(Not really sure on this one. Haven't thought about it.)

Don't Have your mandatory and tedious fishing gameplay.

Don't Have your mandatory and tedious hunting gameplay.

Don't Have your mandatory and tedious shooting gameplay.

Won't Have your mandatory and tedious hub worlds, but if they are there, are more optional and rewarding.

I think this is more up what most people are looking for in SA3. Not necessarily a SA1/SA2 repeat.

Sequels are meant to enhance what made the last one great, while improving upon the drawbacks of its predecessor. That's what every spiritual sequel to Unleashed has done, so expecting anything less than that effort is a bit narrow minded, if I do say so myself.

I also don't think most level headed fans demanded a sequel because it will be a savior to the franchise, I think most want it simply because that type of 3D gameplay for Sonic was quite fun and would like to see more of it at some point.

Edited by the blu blur
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think this is more up what most people are looking for in SA3. Not necessarily a SA1/SA2 repeat.

So..... Basically what the new games are delivering only with more characters.

• Thumbs Up 4

But don't come crying to this forum when all of the above, however polished, gets 40's on Metacritic, and further instills the Sonic Cycle into gamers' brains, making us all look stupid.

So instead, we should stick with a shallow regurgitation of components that try and fail to replicate classic gameplay and a lack of conserved momentum in the air, as well as uninspired platforming and storylines where nothing interesting happens and the buildup to the climax is nonexistent, since that's what the critics like? I really like where the future is going.

• Thumbs Up 2

So instead, we should stick with a shallow regurgitation of components that try and fail to replicate classic gameplay and a lack of conserved momentum in the air, as well as uninspired platforming and storylines where nothing interesting happens and the buildup to the climax is nonexistent, since that's what the critics like? I really like where the future is going.

IF it keeps money in Sega's pockets they don't care. Fact of the matter is Unleashed and Colors did a lot more for Sonic than ShTH or 06 ever did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 4's flaws have been noticed by Sega, I doubt Episode 2 will turn out as bad.(they aren't just listening to the critics)

Sonic Colors' problems are mostly debatable, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a flaw, as I enjoyed Colors' platforming and story.

Oh, and I like where the future is going aswell.

Edited by SuperClassic

Are you referring to Unleashed/Colors/Generations? Because Generations seems to fix platforming along with having as of now a interesting story. I don't know about momentum since the demo wasn't final.Or you could be referring to Sonic 4, i don't know. :mellow:

Are you referring to Unleashed/Colors/Generations? Because Generations seems to fix platforming along with having as of now a interesting story. I don't know about momentum since the demo wasn't final.Or you could be referring to Sonic 4, i don't know. :mellow:

Nepenthe's referring to both Sonic Colors/Unleashed and Sonic 4.

Nepenthe's referring to both Sonic Colors/Unleashed and Sonic 4.

Since when do Unleashed and Colors try to replicate classic gameplay?

Since when do Unleashed and Colors try to replicate classic gameplay?

Nepenthe was referring to Sonic 4 when mentioning the classic gameplay and physics.

So you want deep plots on Sonic Games Nepenthe?

Edited by pppp

I love the multi-quote feature.

IF it keeps money in Sega's pockets they don't care. Fact of the matter is Unleashed and Colors did a lot more for Sonic than ShTH or 06 ever did.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

While Colors plot wasn't GOOD, GREAT, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING or AMAZING in my eyes it was probably the funniest Sonic game to date.

Edited by Dudehedgehogfan1996

The point is that despite the flaws, Sonic 4 was still on the critics' good side, (although as far as Episode 2 is concerned, the proof will be in the pudding). We're seeing the same with Generations, thus it stands to reason that Sega doesn't need to really replicate the physics and level design in any meaningful manner to keep that sector happy, hence they're more likely to continue such design until we keep bitch about the flaws enough.

And just because you like it doesn't mean it's a strength. I hate this line of reasoning so damn much.

My original quip was referring to both Sonic 4 and Colors respectively, games in which are noticeably flawed anyways but where nonetheless critical darlings compared to the games that came before, games that may have outright performed some functions better. The point I was making was that gameplay that the fanbase can consider either somewhat or even massively flawed can get good scores from the critics, thus saying an Adventure game was guaranteed bad scores and the implication that it should be abandoned is an absolutely abhorrent point to make. Put Sonic on a 2D plane and the critics will lose their shits, doesn't necessarily mean that's all we should ever get.

I want good plots. If they happen to be "deep," whatever the heck that even means anymore, then so be it. But Colors did not have a good plot.

Edited by SuperClassic

Ok, fine. Let's say you have your SA3.

Have your 6 characters, each with new mandatory gametypes.

Have your crush 40 soundtrack.

Have your dark, epic, gritty storylines.

Have your bounce attack and lightdash on the same button.

Have your mandatory and tedious fishing gameplay.

Have your mandatory and tedious hunting gameplay.

Have your mandatory and tedious shooting gameplay.

Have your mandatory and tedious hub worlds.

You wanting a deeper story in a Sonic game doesn't make Sonic Colors' story flawed. It's called preference. I do think that Colors has some flaws such as the moving the analog stick to do a quick step(it feels a bit slippery to me), and there were some 3D areas that felt empty, but otherwise I can't think of any real flaws.

• Thumbs Up 2

You wanting a deeper story in a Sonic game doesn't make Sonic Colors' story flawed.
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not a matter of being deep. Colors kind of forgets to tell a story at some points, with the cutscenes becoming little more than vehicles for jokes. And Yacker's disappearance never amounting to anything is pretty crappy writing no matter how you cut it.

Another odd thing, Terminal Velocity act 1 has you suddenly running down the space elevator...then after that you get a cutscene of Sonic and Tails arriving at the Tropical Resort end of the elevator. I think something weird happened when they were putting together the end of the game...

I understand the story seeming incomplete, infact, the game seems to have some leftover lines. But the writing, in my opinion is pretty good.