Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

Ohhh. I think what Scar is sick of is people putting down everything and anything that doesn't have Sonic Adventure in its title, and treat it as its the only thing that will satisfy everybody. He also probably is trying to show that they aren't the god send that people make them out to be.
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, that's no excuse. Being coherent is just one of the many things a good story needs. You can't just say that's all that's needed. Why do you think people are fighting over this. Because there isn't a good medium yet. We'll see if Generations story is good. I hope it's entertaining.

No, it was for Scar who told people to stop putting the Adventures' stories on a pedestal under the implication that his opinion is the right one. In terms of the things I believe those games' narratives got right, I'll champion them as I damn well please. The retroactive backlash against the Adventures has gotten to the point where some individuals are beating some fair and sensible opinions down under the assumption that the games have no redeeming qualities, and it's getting a bit ridiculous and a major factor as to why this topic became shit a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then he would do much better to directly address the few extremists and rabid fans who actually said that instead of anyone who may disagree with his position. We could stand to do with fewer hardliners on both sides.

I'd laugh if SA3 actually came out, and it was the best game ever.

I'm sure any great game with its name on it would do fine now. Hell SEGA should have just slapped the name on Generations.

Sonic Adventure 3: Generations...Perfect.

SA3 is really only in a name...nothing more.

I'd laugh if SA3 actually came out, and it was the best game ever.

Sonic Unleashed began as Sonic Adventure 3, but the name was changed when the game's direction shifted.

Hey, at least it's called Sonic World Adventure in Japan. wink.png

SA3 is really only in a name...nothing more.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Speaking of which, I said that somewhere else in this thread. I gotta go find it…

Edit:

Instead of seeing Colors as the abomination of the franchise because of its simple story, just look at it as a break from the seriousness, everything needs a break once in a while.

Even if we choose to see it that way, i and many others would still wish that this break from the seriousness would at least have had more jokes aimed at all ages, not only at the 13 and below crowd. Honestly, if the Mario series (which feature all the stereotypically childish stylistic elements that the Sonic series does) can have well written, witty, kid-and-adult-friendly humor whenever it goes the comedy route (namely, in the series RPG's), then why not Sonic?

EDIT: Hey, my thousandth post! Horray for me! Too bad it had to be a post where i am complaining... But oh who am i kidding, all my posts are ones where i am complaining! tongue.png

Honestly, if the Mario series (which feature all the stereotypically childish stylistic elements that the Sonic series does) can have well written, witty, kid-and-adult-friendly humor whenever it goes the comedy route, then why not Sonic?

It does? I honestly don't remember the humor of Mario games being all that apparent, its mostly just..there.

It does? I honestly don't remember the humor of Mario games being all that apparent, its mostly just..there.

When i said "whenever it goes the comedy route" i was talking about those times when the comedy is such a large factor in the game that, narratively speaking, the game as a whole can be considered a comedy. Which, in practice, means the series role-playing-games. I should probabaly have specified that. (In fact, i think im gonna go back and make i quick edit to my previous post...)

As for the Mario series in general, it doesn't seem to be especially comedc, but when jokes do pop up they are hardly ever of the kind that can make an adult player roll his eyes in the way that many of Colors jokes do...

The humor in Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi series is actually very clever, IMO, with a lot of great characters and scenes that enrich the world. Of course, its all very story-heavy and they're much bigger games then Sonic platformers are, as JRPGs tend to be, but I think Intelligent Systems and Alphadream do a wonderful job of creating a cutesy all-ages universe that's still charming and involving enough for the older audience.

• Thumbs Up 1

The humor in Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi series is actually very clever, IMO, with a lot of great characters and scenes that enrich the world. Of course, its all very story-heavy and they're much bigger games then Sonic platformers are, as JRPGs tend to be, but I think Intelligent Systems and Alphadream do a wonderful job of creating a cutesy all-ages universe that's still charming and involving enough for the older audience.

• Thumbs Up 5

I also rather liked the sub-plot with Peach and the robot computer. It was cute and funny, but it was surprisingly warm-hearted and the way it's built up over time in complexity and intimacy made me look forward to every prelude to see how their relationship would evolve.

I'm not too familiar with the Avatar: The Last Airbender beyond the first season, but I always thought Sonic could be like the X-men comic by Chris Claremont. Its a series that has epic apocalyptic sagas, aliens living inside people, samurais, ninjas, crazy robots made to kill them and all that jazz, but there's also plenty of issues where they do baseball games or go to the mall or talk and develop relationships between the various characters. It let the reader get more attached to the characters, letting them do non-superhero stuff and just do fun things where the world isn't in peril, that this cast is a family of friends that have lives outside saving the world. Not that I want to see Sonic and friends sitting around eating ice cream cones all day, but something that grounds these characters in relatable terms so the audience can come to care about these wacky animal types and their motivations, so we have some sort of emotional investment when the action DOES go down.

Of course, we're gonna need some good writers and voice actors and animators and man now I've gone off-topic talking about sonic storytelling, not what i had in mind today.

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you guys really talking about Mario & Luigi and the Paper Mario Series in a Sonic Adventure 3 topic?

щ(゚Д゚щ) Off-Topic MUCH!?!?

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

People want Sonic Adventure 3 because of the intense storyline and relationship between characters which slowly developed as well as other characters who were introduced in the other Adventure games. The different style of gameplay that was offered between the characters, every character had a unique and special type of gameplay, storyline, background I'll admit some didn't work out as much and some were great while others needed improvement. I'll admit I would love if Sonic Adventure 3 happened but at first I wasn't so sure why people wanted SA3 and still do, I thought most people moved on from The Adventure gameplay and storyline, I thought it was a great ending for SA2 and the Adventure series was laid to rest. But now I realise why many fans want to....Nostalgia - to relive those moments in glory, I would like a Sonic Adventure 3 for those reasons too, I'd like to think there could have been a twist to the SA2 ending (aside from Shadow's return) maybe there was more to what Proffesor Gerald plotted to do while impriosned, a secret weapon that GUN have been hiding or maybe Eggman Nega may be involved and have files etc or something different. But it's nice to know that SEGA have brought different and fresh gameplay to many Sonic games as well as storylines these past years.

Whether it's a SA3 or not, I'd like to see a game centered around those Shadow Androids Eggman made and his plans for them...maybe he could use them for global domination...and maybe convince Shadow to join him with a Not So Different speech, andhe could also take Shadow's promise to Maria and twisting the words/message or have Shadow interpret it in a different meaning, as well as claim (like Black Doom) that he's saving humanity from *insert excuse here*; thus overall manipulating Shadow into a Knight Templar. Maybe Eggman could strike other deals or manupulate with some other people for support, like Fang/Bark/Bean (aka Team Hooligan by some) if they are brought back, with a sort of treasure reward.

Edited by Zinos

I'd only take a Sonic Adventure 3 if it promised to keep the gameplay restricted to speed and platforming. It was easier to forgive the different gameplay and gimmicks ten years ago, since at the time it just felt like Sonic Team was experimenting and somewhat succeeding. But now? Most of us have just grown so tired of the shooters and the werehogs and the swords and the fishing and the whatevertheheckelse that a modern equivalent of Sonic Adventure 2 would probably be unwelcome. By all means bring back the extra characters, just keep the gameplay in focus.

Though a Chao Garden might be fun.

Well, I guess it's time to request a lock to this topic.

It's been fun SA3, but you're too controversial on a sonic forum to continue on with.

Wanna continue talking about SA3? go make your own topic.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2