Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

How many sonic covers do you know with a grey gritty background?

250px-Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Box_Art.jpg

Sonic Adventure 3 is a theoretical paradox.

What defines the adventure games? Sonic and his alternate playstyle-toting friends.

What sucks about the adventure games? Sonic's alternate playstyle-toting friends.

If you make everyone play like Sonic, then it won't be a Sonic Adventure anymore.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 6

I know this is fake but:

41144_sonic_adventure_3.png

It could be so epic.

Nope.jpg

Off the bat, the thing that irks me the most is how they erased Sonic's smile to make him look more serious, I honestly feel that it's a sin against Sonic's character to make him frown/not smile on the boxart of any of his games

Then there's the lack of color, which is something that I also hate to see with Sonic

And worst of all, there's no Cream [; ;]

How many sonic covers do you know with a grey gritty background?

Shadow the hedgho *shot*

Yeah it is a little dark but I dont think the word gritty comes to mind.

Should it have rainbows intead?

250px-Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Box_Art.jpg

Sonic Adventure 3 is a theoretical paradox.

What defines the adventure games? Sonic and his alternate playstyle-toting friends.

What sucks about the adventure games? Sonic's alternate playstyle-toting friends.

If you make everyone play like Sonic, then it won't be a Sonic Adventure anymore.

GODDAMN IT, I mean a game that's NOT trying to be darker and edgier.

Shadow the hedgho *shot*

Yeah it is a little dark but I dont think the word gritty comes to mind.

Should it have rainbows intead?

No, but it should be brighter at least.

Off the bat, the thing that irks me the most is how they erased Sonic's smile to make him look more serious, I honestly feel that it's a sin against Sonic's character to make him frown/not smile on the boxart of any of his games

Wow, I didn't even notice that Sonic didn't have a mouth. No wonder he looks so odd.

And worst of all, there's no Cream [; ;]

Oh yeah, that's pretty bad as well. For shame.

I'm actually more surprised that Knuckles is on the cover since he has been relegated to "The idiot"

Fans don't care what Sega is going for with the characters. Anything nostalgic blinds their eyes.

Oh yeah, that's pretty bad as well. For shame.

CREAM JUST AINT BAD ASS ENOUGH.

Edited by SuperClassic

Wow, I didn't even notice that Sonic didn't have a mouth. No wonder he looks so odd.

Knuckles doesn't have a mouth either.

I'm also surprised that Knuckles is even on the cover, considering how the fandom treat Sonic & Shadow in regards to everyone else.

I'm actually more surprised that Knuckles is on the cover since he has been relegated to "The idiot"

Yeah that actually surprised me as well. Its just sad that now everytime I see knux face all I can think about

is how much of a fool he has been made out to be. :(

Yeah that actually surprised me as well. Its just sad that now everytime I see knux face all I can think about

is how much of a fool he has been made out to be. :(

ITs nice to know not EVERYONE treats him that way.

There is Chronicles. But lets be honest. Chronicles was fangame that Sega actually backed with money. And it still didn't turn out that well.

Edited by Dejablue

_-Sonic-Chaos-Game-Gear-_.jpg

Grey n' gritty!

• Thumbs Up 7

No, but it should be brighter at least.

Oh well; I guess I just like the way all the stars in the background look. Kinda reminds me of the older games.

I think a big part of why people want a continuation of the Adventure line is to have something that diverges at that point and makes Heroes-06 a dead-end continuity and actually have Knux learn from his mistakes, Tails grow up a little (avenging Sonic in 2), Rouge stop the jewel thing (ending of SA2), Amy being more relevant and non-stalkerish, Shadow continue his highly wanted act of staying dead, etc.

How would they market Sonic Adventure 3 anyway. To the Media and alot of fans it will be "everything you don't like about the Franchise. It will be amazing!"

There is Chronicles. But lets be honest. Chronicles was fangame that Sega actually backed with money. And it still didn't turn out that well.

He was a lot more downbeat in that game, to the point where he felt more like Shadow than Knuckles, ironically Shadow felt more like the "Blow up stuff up, ask questions later' guy.

_-Sonic-Chaos-Game-Gear-_.jpg

Grey n' gritty!

...........well.....fucking shit.

I think a big part of why people want a continuation of the Adventure line is to have something that diverges at that point and makes Heroes-06 a dead-end continuity and actually have Knux learn from his mistakes, Tails grow up a little (avenging Sonic in 2), Rouge stop the jewel thing (ending of SA2), Amy being more relevant and non-stalkerish, Shadow continue his highly wanted act of staying dead, etc.

No its nostalgia and nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 1

How would they market Sonic Adventure 3 anyway. To the Media and alot of fans it will be "everything you don't like about the Franchise. It will be amazing!"

You have a point but, on the other hand if alot of people didnt want it then this topic wouldnt keep coming up.

You have a point but, on the other hand if alot of people didnt want it then this topic wouldnt keep coming up.

You'd think people would have learned...

... At least there aren't anymore "We want Sonic 4" threads...

Edit: And no, it has to literally be "Sonic Adventure 3", otherwise people won't put a lid on it; just like Advance 1 being a better Sonic 4 than Sonic 4, but due to naming was ignored.

Edited by Flame Reaver

No its nostalgia and nothing more.

You can't say that about everyone. Come on dude, I know you think our opinions are garbage,but at least try to not to use such a gigantic broom to sweep everyone into one pan.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can't say that about everyone. Come on dude, I know you think our opinions are garbage,but at least try to not to use such a gigantic broom to sweep everyone into one pan.

I agree, I couldn't give a damn about a SA3, but I understand and respect that people like the concept of different gameplay styles and a unique story, sure, a game like this doesn't need to be called Adventure 3, but it would be following the Adventure formula.

Ok let me be more descriptive.

Ok look I know not everyone hated the alt. gameplay styles from the first two games, but that doesn't mean they should be put back. When I play Sonic I expect to be running through loops and smashing through robots, not looking for emerald shards inside of an enclosed level or shooting missles out of a mech, it was good for maybe a one time deal, but it should never be a permanent addition as it goes completely against the traditional Sonic gameplay. I understand people liked it, but honestly if you want to play with those styles go play those games because a new game with that kind of gameplay really wouldn't help Sonic's flucutating popularity.

As for the story, that can be done in any game, the game doesn't have to be called Sonic adventure 3, it can be any game ST decide to make.

All this clamouring for Sa3, is just like the clamouring for Sonic 4 and really I'd rather ST not make a sequel to the series JUST because a bunch of whiny fanboys(Not directed at you or anyone here) can't move on from 2001.

• Thumbs Up 2