Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

To add a bit to this "people get bored" thing...is this true of any other game? Do FPSes regularly include half a game's worth of platforming? Do RPGs bank half their playtime on the racing game they added in? Are fighting games made up of equal parts fighting game, RTS, and dating sim? If you realize how ridiculous that sounds, why is it ok for a Sonic game to be 1/3 shooting, 1/3 treasure hunt, and only 1/3 Sonic?

And no, the occasional minigame or gimmick level doesn't count.

The truth is, if your main gameplay can't support an entire game, then you've got a shitty, shallow gameplay style, and you need to fix that, not prop it up with whatever's handy.

• Thumbs Up 9

don't divide it like in SA2. In SA1 the majority of the game belonged to Sonic. In fact I don't think a Dark Story is necessary. Well it depends on the story you're trying to tell.

Variety is the spice of life and we all love a little spice. But the way the Adventure series did it, there dish was waaaay to drenched in spice. I'd say S3&K and the Advance series had the perfect amount of variety in them. Also, If playing only one gameplay style makes you bored, then why do you play video games? I don't see ANY other game series get that excuse so why is Sonic the one that is cursed with it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really a fan of many franchises. Sonic is one of the few that I am a fan of so I pay attention to it more.

I don't care what the name is, I just rather have the SA2 gameplay and SA1 Level Design over the current BOOST BOOST BOOST DRIFT BOOST SIDESTEP crap. It's more active and takes less time for them to develop stages like that then those giant Unleashed. But Unleashed/Colors (more or less) was two of the only Sonic games that made you think that you actually have speed. But I rather be slow and have harder obstacles than be fast and have all these easy obstacles. It seemed like you were doing more and it's more of 3D Platformer style than it is a Racing Game.

Sonic from Adventures>Sonic From Unleashed>Mech Shooting>Treasure Hunting=Werehog Stages (I really can't tell which I "enjoy" more)

Edited by ThatGuy
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I think a lot of people are being too dismissive of the reasons for an Adventure 3.

Personally, I don't care if we see one at this point, but I can certainly understand the reasons behind wanting one.

When it comes to Adventure gameplay, people like to point out the relative non-linearity when compared to other 3D Sonic games, the decent use of 100% 3D gameplay (something which they tried to emulate in Sonic Heroes and 06, but was hampered by slippery controls and, in 06's case, a myriad of overwhelming flaws), several useful-but-not-mandatory character upgrades, and Chao Gardens.

But what I think is what really makes an Adventure game is the scope of it all. The myriad of characters with their own viewpoints all being touched upon at several points. At this point, at least in my eyes, Sonic Adventure implies a story that takes time to focus on every character involved, and in doing so, makes most of them playable. Sonic Adventure means playing the characters, individually, in their own levels, and working your way towards the salvation of Sonic's world.

Again, I don't necessarily enjoy this type of storyline and gameplay. I didn't enjoy having to stop and play as Knuckles. I couldn't possibly care less about Rouge the Bat, or Big the Cat for that matter. Amy's story in SA was alright, but I didn't want to play as her.

Still, I acknowledge that there are key factors to an Adventure game, that a lot of people like them, and that therefore it is entirely reasonable for fans to continue to request another one.

I think it might be the "We've already had five dozen SA3 threads" part that make us sick of hearing about it.

I don't care what the name is, I just rather have the SA2 gameplay and SA1 Level Design over the current BOOST BOOST BOOST DRIFT BOOST SIDESTEP crap. It's more active and takes less time for them to develop stages like that then those giant Unleashed. But Unleashed/Colors (more or less) was two of the only Sonic games that made you think that you actually have speed. But I rather be slow and have harder obstacles than be fast and have all these easy obstacles. It seemed like you were doing more and it's more of 3D Platformer style than it is a Racing Game.

Sonic from Adventures>Sonic From Unleashed>Mech Shooting>Treasure Hunting=Werehog Stages (I really can't tell which I "enjoy" more)

• Thumbs Up 1

* Awesome Vid*

There's barely boosting, more open environments, you can stop complaining now.

Edited by Voyant

This.

I just dont see the point in being so negative towards people wanting the things you mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sega meanwhile are trying to make Classic Sonic "perfect" to the Genesis Sonic in the old days. Sonic 4 was an absolute fail, and Generations is close but jusssstt not right there yet.

Sonic Adventure is like 10 years old now. If Sega attempt SA3, it will play differently like Sonic 4 or "close" to the original Adventure series. Oh wait! Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was basically Sonic Adventure 3 and look how that turned out. They already forgot the magic of Adventure series!

Now Sega basically will have to go through that same route with what they did with Classic Sonic to get the magic back.

Edited by Spicylicious Girl
  • Bad Quality Post 1

0:00 - 0:40 = Boost to win

0:40 - 0:47 = Jump on a couple platforms (yay for pseudo-platforming !)

0:47 - 1:14 = Look ! Some ennmies !

1:14 - 2:00 = The only part of the level that contains actual platforming

2:00 - 2:58 = Boost to win

That makes almost two minutes of just boosting, 50 seconds of platforming and about 25 seconds of filler.

Take off your nostagia goggles dude. The original City Escape has even less platforming:

The only real platforming is at 1:51 but the player took the upper homing chain path.

The rest is just some enemies and hold forward to win.

Besides in Generations the saws make everything 10x more awesome B)

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 7

That makes almost two minutes of just boosting, 50 seconds of platforming and about 25 seconds of filler.

Nitpicking and nostalgia gogggles much.

And like the above post said the original had even less platforming.

Take off your nostagia goggles dude. The original City Escape has even less platforming:

The only real platforming is at 1:51 but the player took the upper homing chain path.

The rest is just some enemies and hold forward to win.

Besides in Generations the saws make everything 10x more awesome B)

Thanks for making me shut up. I'm in a bad mood right now.

I swaer that truck chase scene in the original City Escape looks so freakin' tamed compare to the one in Generations. :lol:

So then neither is all that great.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is actually a good time to mention that the modern gameplay carries something over from the classic gameplay, which is alternate roots, it seems as if the higher you go, the less platforming you'll have to do. You want more platforming, use the lower routes.

I'd say so aswell, so far Modern City Escape looks a bit too easy to me, but that's what when you have what I assume is probably a later level in the game and base it off the first level of another game.

Edited by SuperClassic

Generations has more platforming therefore its the superior version.

Sonic games always had more speed than platforming(The original Chemical Plant comes to mind).

I swaer that truck chase scene in the original City Escape looks so freakin' tamed compare to the one in Generations. :lol:

Everything from the Generations City Escape makes the orginal look lame.

• Thumbs Up 1