Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

I need some help with SA2, which ending was canon? The Hero or Dark story? I heard the Dark one was correct.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think these Adventure fans need to realise that the series has moved on, while the Adventure haters (or Adventure fan haters) need to accept that they may form a minority (if it is indeed a minority) and/or agree to disagree. Why do SA3 requests bother people so much? If the people seem ill-informed, that's their problem. I don't think the suffix 'Adventure 3' will magically fix issues either, but it's no skin off my nose if others do.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 2

Because most of the fans wanting/expecting SA3 have a 'one track mind' and are completely oblivious to the fact of what SEGA has done with the Sonic games over the years. ''Since SA2 is the greatest Sonic game evah, let all the Sonic games the same so we can have that 4 hour nostalgia boner we all want so much!" I can honestly say SA2 isn't my favorite Sonic game, infact it's not even close, but I loved the game nonetheless. Now back to the point of my post, SEGA could slap the title 'Sonic Adventure 3' on any new title they come up with and that STILL won't guarantee it would be as great as the original, and as was mentioned earlier Next-Gen is the closest they will ever get to an 'Adventure 3'. Concluding my last statement SA3 fanboys (and I mean those who expect an SA3 to actually revive the series) are very biased beings who have no reason for bashing the new games other than ''bring back Chao Gardens'' or ''more platforming and hubs like the first 2 games" and with that said, have a nice day :)

I need some help with SA2, which ending was canon? The Hero or Dark story? I heard the Dark one was correct.

Seeing how you're a big fan of SA2, I'd have thought you'd have known about the Last Story more than anyone else.

Sa2 may not have been perfect, but it's the envelope pushing spirit driving it that makes it resonate as particularly memorable for me.

It took dares, it made risks. It had flaws, some outright mistakes, but I can find beauty in those shortcomings, because they were born from the pure uninhibited ambition to mix up the familiar and refine it into something as engagingly fun as it was unexpectedly novel.

If not an SA3, then I would just like to see that kind of spirit be put in the development of future Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know this is fake but:

41144_sonic_adventure_3.png

It could be so epic.

Judging from that boxart it looks like it's trying way too hard to make Sonic 'mature' and 'epic'. Too much grey in the background and there's no color. Even Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 has colorful boxart.

Also, that Shadow makes it on the front of the cover and not Tails will probably get some fans raging.

Edited by sonfan1984

Also, that Shadow makes it on the front of the cover and not Tails will probably get some fans raging.

You know me well.

Just kidding, I'm not that petty. But most SA3 Boxarts tend to be crap, and that's one of them.

But at least it didn't show a giant monster. Or Mephiles.

I know this is fake but:

41144_sonic_adventure_3.png

It could be so epic.

Why the fuck is Mighty on this cover.

Jeez if someone is going to make an SA3 cover, they at least can try to make it in the style of a traditional Sonic cover.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm also not too fond of pics of characters being copied and pasted from Google or some other site that contains pics and just cram them all in one place.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Sa2 may not have been perfect, but it's the envelope pushing spirit driving it that makes it resonate as particularly memorable for me.

It took dares, it made risks. It had flaws, some outright mistakes, but I can find beauty in those shortcomings, because they were born from the pure uninhibited ambition to mix up the familiar and refine it into something as engagingly fun as it was unexpectedly novel.

If not an SA3, then I would just like to see that kind of spirit be put in the development of future Sonic games.

Doesn't SA2 take the safe route in terms of a sequel? The Level Design and everything became more simple and linear to avoid the technical problems Adventure 1 had. It wasn't really a ambitions game, but rather a simplification.

I just want Sonic'S Adventure gameplay back. And multiple characters. And Chao Gardens.

Why can't SA3 be a good game?

Not saying it can't be a good game. But it does seem fishy that every game until Colors was supposed to be SA3, and Colors gets the most praise out of them all because it wasn't going to be SA3. That's the weird part. But I'd be fine with a SA3 and get it nonetheless. :P

Sonic Adventure 3 is a title, just like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is.

It matters little, what the name of the game is, its about the game itself.

Just because a game holds the title, Sonic Adventure 3, doesn't mean it will be the game you always dreamed of. Lets not forget that, especially after the PR distaster zone, that was Sonic 4 Episode 1

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Seeing how you're a big fan of SA2, I'd have thought you'd have known about the Last Story more than anyone else.

I know about Biolizard and Final Hazard.

But I want to know about the Sonic vs Shadow battle, what happened?

As I've never owned a Dreamcast or GameCube, I've yet to play Sonic Adventure 2 - that said, I love the first SA (which I have on PC and PS3) and I've seen enough of the sequel to see and recognise its strengths. The way I see it is that "Sonic Adventure 3" is just a title... Sonic Unleashed may have been intended to be SA3 at one point, but at the end of the day in terms of gameplay, it's not a successor to the Dreamcast titles - if anything, it's a souped-up version of the gameplay from Sonic Rush. I think some folks worry too much over the titles - these days I am indifferent since the series is getting back on track, but when I used to wonder about a potential SA3, I was thinking more about a game that continued and built upon the gameplay mechanics seen in the first two Adventure titles. In my view, this involves having multiple playable characters with interlocking storylines, truly three-dimensional stages and gameplay, RPG elements and, possibly, something resembling Adventure Fields.

By this definition, the closest we've got to SA3 - and the closest we're likely to get, for now - is Sonic 06. Which, while it had some poorly thought-out parts (town missions, inconsequential silver medals, questionable level design), was primarily let down by the execution rather than the actual concept. It's a shame because I think that if the proper time was put into it, a true successor to the Sonic Adventure titles could be something great - but as I said, I'm happy with the Unleashed/Colours/Generations style of gameplay we have now.

A lot of the sentimental feeling for the Adventure games is also, possibly, born out of nostalgia - the first SA was the first time that a Sonic game felt legitimately 3D, it had finally caught up to Mario and other platforming contemporaries. SA2, meanwhile, was the first title that a lot of people played as it was the first released on a Nintendo console. It represented a renaissance of Sonic games - after several years of no major releases, the series was suddenly back at the top, and cooler than ever. The Adventure games capture the spirit of a whole "era" of Sonic which has not yet been matched - I feel the current era of games is still struggling to find its "spirit", its atmosphere... however much they may be overrated in the eyes of some, IMO, Sonic Adventure and its sequel represent something pretty special.

Honestly, I think people just want SA3 because of the chao garden. The Adventure games had the best Sonic-style levels before Unleashed, IMO. But I really wouldn't want them to go back to that formula. Unleashed style can work like a dream given the right level design, controls and toning down on boost usage. Also, making another "adventure sequel" would only bring in more unneeded alternate playstyles for over 2/3 of the game, which I know will be hated. I think if they make a downloadable Chao Garden game pleas for SA3 will plummet, hopefully. It won't be "the godliest game ever that will revive Sonic" and it WILL be filled with gimmicky gameplay, despite what others think. It's not needed, and neither was Sonic 4.

I know about Biolizard and Final Hazard.

But I want to know about the Sonic vs Shadow battle, what happened?

Judging from that boxart it looks like it's trying way too hard to make Sonic 'mature' and 'epic'. Too much grey in the background and there's no color. Even Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 has colorful boxart.

Yeah you're probably right about the tails part but I don't think the boxart is bad, I think when people think of SA3 they would expect

it to look epic in order to match the story but I do see what you mean about the grey.

Still looks cool IMO

Why the fuck is Mighty on this cover.

Jeez if someone is going to make an SA3 cover, they at least can try to make it in the style of a traditional Sonic cover.

I guess the guy just really likes Mighty,(cant blame him though) and what exactly counts as a traditional Sonic cover?

I love Adventure and Adventure 2, but I honestly don't care if there is a game titled "Sonic Adventure 3" or not. "SA3" is nothing more than a name, just like Sonic 4: Episode 1 is. Sonic Next-Gen could basically BE Sonic Adventure 3 because it borrows many elements from both titles both atmospherically and mechanically, but it was titled "Sonic the Hedgehog" instead to attract a much wider audience.

A "Sonic Adventure 3" wouldn't "save" the franchise, period, because it doesn't need saving to start with! Despite its shortcomings, Sonic still makes money, attracts a wide-ranging audience, and has a passionate fanbase. All I need is a good Sonic game for me to keep proudly on the shelf, and I'm happy all the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure 3 is a title, just like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is.

It matters little, what the name of the game is, its about the game itself.

Just because a game holds the title, Sonic Adventure 3, doesn't mean it will be the game you always dreamed of. Lets not forget that, especially after the PR distaster zone, that was Sonic 4 Episode 1

Yes you're right but I dont think people are just talking about titles here.

Double U Tee Eff is that Mighty?

Yep

I guess the guy just really likes Mighty,(cant blame him though) and what exactly counts as a traditional Sonic cover?

How many sonic covers do you know with a grey gritty background?

Yeah you're probably right about the tails part but I don't think the boxart is bad, I think when people think of SA3 they would expect

it to look epic in order to match the story but I do see what you mean about the grey.

Still looks cool IMO

I want it to have alittle epicness but I don't expect an SA3 to look like that. It just looks dull to me.