Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

It's a 2D game. Especially if the game is trying to be classic and nostalgic.

There's a difference between nostalgia, and rehashing shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I think people just want SA3 because of the chao garden. The Adventure games had the best Sonic-style levels before Unleashed, IMO. But I really wouldn't want them to go back to that formula. Unleashed style can work like a dream given the right level design, controls and toning down on boost usage. Also, making another "adventure sequel" would only bring in more unneeded alternate playstyles for over 2/3 of the game, which I know will be hated. I think if they make a downloadable Chao Garden game pleas for SA3 will plummet, hopefully. It won't be "the godliest game ever that will revive Sonic" and it WILL be filled with gimmicky gameplay, despite what others think. It's not needed, and neither was Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 3

If sonic adventure 3 is ever made it will be the new sonic 4, in terms of fan rage.

Because (to some) the name is associated with quality and nostalgia, as well as several things that have either not been done well since the Adventure games or not been done at all, such as boost-less and more platforming-oriented (in SA1's case anyway) Sonic gameplay with solid controls, more serious storylines, multiple playable characters and the Chao Garden. Of course, it's actually pretty debatable if any of these aspects were even done well in the first place (especially in SA2's case, where you only spend 1/3 of the game playing fast platforming stages), and what a lot of fans asking for SA3 fail to realize is that by making a game in the exact image of the Adventures, SEGA will be making a game that not everyone may be able to enjoy. At the very least, I'm faithful that most SA3-supporters are only asking for one spiritually and don't care whether or not it's specifically titled Adventure 3...

...Oh, wait.

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Regardless, as much as I love the Adventure series, I could care less if we get an SA3 or not. To me, it doesn't matter what it's called, whether or not it has a Chao Garden, what tone the story features, or how many characters you can control. As long as it has great gameplay and level design and is reasonably polished, I'm happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me. Nostalgia and Chao gardens and the story. I thought both games had good stories. I liked the intertwined cutscenes. And yeah they did that in 06 no shit but that was a bad game. Its like baking. You can have all the same ingredients but if you just dump everything into the bowl and start stirring it will not come out right. This was 06. Just a bowl of crap using the same ingredients as SA and SA2, carelessly tossed in and not added correctly.

Not everybody enjoyed Colors or Unleashed. Either the Werehog or boost spam put them off of it. But as far as boost spam goes a good majority of people love it so Sega is gonna stay with it.

Edited by Dejablue

*Glances through thread*

Did nobody mention that maybe there's been an "SA3 Uprising" lately because it's the one style of gameplay not included in Generations? I'm not saying Generations should have a third Sonic, I'm just saying some people are probably just butthurt there wasn't one. And/or butthurt the Unleashed style came back again. Boo hoo.

Oh and I'm not saying Generations CAUSED the SA3 crap either. That's been going on pre-Generations. I'm just saying Generations may have incited more of it.

Edited by Raxz
  • Thumbs Up 1

the saddest thing is we're too scared to trust Sonic Team to replicate the good things out of the Adventures.

No. Sonic Adventure 3 =/= Sonic 2006. That my friend, is Sonic Adventure 4.

THIS IS SONIC ADVENTURE 3.

Heroes_gc_pc_eu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want Sonic'S Adventure gameplay back. And multiple characters. And Chao Gardens.

So then...the main Sonic games that we've been having for a Decade were ALL SUPPOSED TO BE SA3 till Colors, and Colors does the best because it wasn't supposed to be SA3? .......Sega, please....PLEASE....DON'T MAKE A SA3 SO WE CAN GET GOOD GAMES.

Why can't SA3 be a good game?

I only want it because I don't care for the Storybook/Unleashed playstyle. I don't miss the glitches though. It'd be nice if we could finally get an Adventure game that didn't have several terrible glitches. I'd also like a few Adventure games that didn't rely on pitfalls to challenge the player, but that could be said for any Sonic playstyle.

I also miss the intertwining stories, different playable characters, and Chao Gardens. I also miss the Music Style. It hasn't been the same since Sonic Heroes.

Edited by Lando The Bat
  • Thumbs Up 3

The same exact reason people begged and pleaded for Sonic 4.

The Situation are considerably different.

People wanted Sonic 4 because there hasn't been a 2d Sonic on a console since Sonic 3&Knuckles, and the Trilogy are the most proven and successfull.

Wanting Adventure 3 makes no sense, because spiritual successors with the same elements have been there and critiqued.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if ST come out and say that "we're making SA3" i don't think they will use the same gameplay they used in SA1+2. They will use the Modern gameplay of Sonic Generations. Multiple characters yes, very possible.

Also the game can go 2 ways:

1) The expectations of this game have reached the heavens about now and still going. I can see many many people getting disappointed for tiny things and hating the game.

2) Or the game will actually sell like hotcakes and be a major hit cause everyone will buy it/play it because it starts with Sonic and ends with Adventure 3.

Either way i don't have a problem with a SA3. I liked SA1+2. If they bring and they will at some point(that's what i think)i'm going to enjoy it very much.

Honestly, I think people just want SA3 because of the chao garden. The Adventure games had the best Sonic-style levels before Unleashed, IMO. But I really wouldn't want them to go back to that formula. Unleashed style can work like a dream given the right level design, controls and toning down on boost usage. Also, making another "adventure sequel" would only bring in more unneeded alternate playstyles for over 2/3 of the game, which I know will be hated. I think if they make a downloadable Chao Garden game pleas for SA3 will plummet, hopefully. It won't be "the godliest game ever that will revive Sonic" and it WILL be filled with gimmicky gameplay, despite what others think. It's not needed, and neither was Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

What puzzles me here is that the Adventure series has fans united in near-universal hatred of the genre roulettes and unnecessary gameplay they spawn, but these same people remain completely oblivious to the possibility of it recurring whenever talk of SA3 shows up. Remember, if not for the Adventure era we never would have seen fishing, shooting or treasure hunting in a Sonic game. At best you can argue that some of it holds guilty pleasures to some people, but I've yet to see someone who has ever played SA1 or 2 and not hated at least one of the gameplay changes between chars it brings.

To make a numerical sequel to the series would imply bringing with it all the trademark design decisions it embodies, and genre roulette is one of them. Why do people actually think this would happen any other way?

I don't think they want it out of nostalgia. I think it's because they loved SA1 and SA2's concept and style.

However, I think that they are ASKING it out of nostalgia. They can't realize SEGA can't fuck it up. Because Sonic '06 is SA3, and we know how that ended.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because Adventure 1 and 2 were basically the last Sonic games before the series' quality started fluctuating wildly and inconsistently, and people are naively thinking/ hoping that a Sonic Adventure 3 will bring back that consistency.

It's the same reason people wanted a Sonic 4, really. When things change (and especially when things decline in quality as a result of that change), people wish things would go back to how they were before the change happened.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Spiritual successors does not equal actual game. You can call 06 and Unleashed and Heroes SA3 4 and 5 until you're blue in the face. But they aren't.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spiritual successors does not equal actual game. You can call 06 and Unleashed and Heroes SA3 4 and 5 until you're blue in the face. But they aren't.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I need some help with SA2, which ending was canon? The Hero or Dark story? I heard the Dark one was correct.