Awoo.

Why do people want Sonic Adventure 3?

Nintendoga

Replayability? Going back into a level and finding out how many different paths you can take.

a sense of freedom where it actually feels like you're controlling Sonic than being on-rails.

I think people want more interresting use of areas. Like going vertical in Lost World and Ice Cap.

If you think its not enough, then by all means, try to design a better 3D stage yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think people want more interresting use of areas. Like going vertical in Lost World and Ice Cap.

I'm guessing when you don't have a comeback you resort to insults :mellow:

Very constructive :rolleyes:

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget that if you fell off of the castle in Twinkle Park, you didn't get a death pit, you just had to climb back up.

Edited by Nepenthe

*Checks if it's the right topic* Alrighty then :lol:

Since apparently no one noticed i'll try again,here's Ruby showing replayability in Generations:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=624C0Hm4-1o

If your problem is that then here it is.

It's better than Apotos daytime at least, though I crave something a little more substantial. Most if not all of those shortcuts are just that, shortcuts, not full-fledged alternate paths. Something like how you can take a path that leads you to something in the background and could probably stay on there without having to bleed into the main path a lot to the goal would be marvelous. Like how they're already doing it with the giant corkscrew, but with a larger focus. wink.gif

We saw glimpses of that in Unleashed, though: The clock tower, the treehouse, some canyon and ruinous areas in Arid Sands and Jungle Joyride...Eggmanland.... Werehog levels.

Here's the thing tough. They're 2d.

Eggmanland wasn't 2D. The First section almost certainly wasn't, and it had more alternate routes than any 3D Sonic stage ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

The dimension was generally irrelevant to my point, especially so with my mention of the Werehog levels.

Eggmanland wasn't 2D. The First section almost certainly wasn't, and it had more alternate routes than any 3D Sonic stage ever.

I'm talking about vertical areas.

I'm talking about vertical areas.

Vertical requires a pseudo "2D" camera anyway, seeing as the camera is always to the side of the thing you're trying to climb. Even Mario games do this for vertical platforming.

Superior=/=good, you know.

Superior is not ....what?

su·pe·ri·or

–adjective

1.higher in station, rank, degree, importance, etc.: a superior

officer.

2.above the average in excellence, merit, intelligence, etc.:superior math students.

3.of higher grade or quality: superior merchandise.

"Hey guys despite this block being 100x bigger and better in every way...I'm still going to go with this inferior less-good block because I'm completely blind with nostalgia despite the obvious better block. There might be more platforming, better level design, and alternate routes, but I don't want that at all. I'll go with the inferior block thank you very much."

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5

Vertical requires a pseudo "2D" camera anyway, seeing as the camera is always to the side of the thing you're trying to climb. Even Mario games do this for vertical platforming.

I remember the Galaxies doing it most of the time. Not all the time. Mario 64 and Sunshine didn't do it. And I mentioned a few Sonic Adventure examples. So it doesn't require a 2d view.

• Thumbs Up 2

Superior is not ....what?

su·pe·ri·or

–adjective

1.higher in station, rank, degree, importance, etc.: a superior

officer.

2.above the average in excellence, merit, intelligence, etc.:superior math students.

3.of higher grade or quality: superior merchandise.

"Hey guys despite this block being 100x bigger and better in every way...I'm still going to go with this inferior less-good block because I'm completely blind with nostalgia despite the obvious better block. There might be more platforming, better level design, and alternate routes, but I don't want that at all. I'll go with the inferior block thank you very much."

What he was trying to say was that it may have been better than x, but if you judge it with other entries or strictly by itself, x itself is not a very good standalone title. It's like comparing Sonic Blast with Sonic 06, or better yet, Sonic 06 with Big Rigs or something. Being better than Big Rigs =/= good, it could very well be simply less terrible; 06 being better than Big Rigs doesn't mean 06 itself is a good game. Unless you honestly consider it as a good game, which is a whole different story altogether.

• Thumbs Up 2

ShtH is superior to '06, but ShtH is not a good game. Do you understand now?

Oh I do completely, but this is coming from an person that thinks The Adventures are the superior Sonic games (Sonic Stage Wise). (And don't even say you don't Marcello I see you posting about it all the time)

If your trying to say Sonic Adventure 2 City Escape stage isn't good...will that's subjective ( I love City Escape), but if you are going to say that the old City Escape is better than the newer one I going to laugh at you. Unless you turly just wanted City Escape redone in just HD and not have any improvements at all.

Edited by Voyant

The only time in the history of playing this series I overwhelmingly felt like I had little control of the character the majority of the time playing was in Secret Rings. I never saw how a restriction of a path is emotionally analogous to a restriction of control. Regardless of where I'm instructed to go, I am nonetheless the one getting there in my own fashion, and within that path and its diversions, I can deviate or make mistakes of my own accord. There is enough freedom within that restriction to where I don't need the platforms or space to be ten acres bigger just to feel like I'm getting my money's worth, especially since I'm 9 times out of 10 I'm going to ignore that space if it's not relevant to getting me towards the goal ring anyways, because that's the whole entire point of Sonic games, the only way to progress in most of them- get from A to B. And that one time where I may stop and fool around is not going to yield any real tangible benefit to me to make me want to explore further; it never has. You can pick up most of the junk stored away in these off-beat areas through regular, competent gameplay.

Thank you! Exactly my point,if there is no benefit why have exploration at all? Secret Rings now that is a painfully linear game:

It makes Heroes look like the classics by comparison.

People want Sonic Adventure 3 'cause the name Adventure refers to the two last Sonic games that wre acclaimed by the fans and the press and, despite having some bugs, was pleasant to play in every way. They are meaing of Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. and those type of game we often play because they give us what we wanted when they were available and many years after.

Having games like 06 or Unleashed which are described as SA3 by SEGA and are finaly what we all know just make the fans to believe only a game equal to the first two in term of gameplay, level design, story, etc... could make Sonic back from the hole he falls since too many years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having games like 06 or Unleashed which are described as SA3 by SEGA and are finaly what we all know just make the fans to believe only a game equal to the first two in term of gameplay, level design, story, etc... could make Sonic back from the hole he falls since too many years.

It's more like proof that the Adventure aren't as great as acclaimed.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Yeah, we get it.

However, that isn't the case with City Escape. The original was a fun level to play through, and the remake took all that was fun about it and refined it and added a whole lot more.