Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

I'm fine with you not wanting Solid Snake to return in Brawl because he isn't exactly as nice of a fit as a character like Sonic but all this Kojima hates Nintendo stuff is just completely off the wall and ridiculous to me.

I never said (or meant to make it look like) that Kojima hates Nintendo. I just feel what Kojima says and what he does on Nintendo platforms has always been mind boggling to me. You see him in the Wii/3DS/Wii U developer videos praising the systems when they were first revealed and saying how he could use the system's mechanics + extra power to do something, but then it just fades which makes it disappointing. MGS:3D also left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth which doesn't help.

MGS5 being announced for Wii U would definitely help. If it doesn't, my opinion will stay the same.

Ya'll arguing about some stupid thing or whatever,

Personally I don't want Sonic or Snake in the next Smash Bros.
I'd rather play as Rayman, or Megaman, or Bomberman, or (most likely) Pac-man,
but since people seem hell-bent with the idea that Sonic is gonna be in the next game just cause of some exclusives, even though he's still a TPC by definition, and most of the games in that list above that Auto posted weren't exactly goooood.

So anyway,

Didn't Sakurai say he wanted to keep the character count to the same as Brawl? Doesn't that mean we're gonna be getting some major cutbacks? Who do you guys think is gonna be cut out?

Excluding the obvious original 12 that will always stay.

Didn't Sakurai say he wanted to keep the character count to the same as Brawl? Doesn't that mean we're gonna be getting some major cutbacks? Who do you guys think is gonna be cut out?

He said it won't be substantially bigger, so I'd say the jump from 35 to 45 wouldn't be ridiculous to imagine.  Odds are the essentials will stay, although I REALLY REALLY think Jigglypuff should be switched out for Meowth, because Meowth doesn't suck big ol' donkey balls and would make for a fun and interesting character, being crafty and tiny.

Honestly, I don't know why he insists on not having a ton of characters; it's the one thing that everyone wants more than anything, having their favorite character in the game.  I'd gladly take less fluff for more characters and stages.

I don't mind the character count for Brawl, it seems balanced enough for me.

Ya'll arguing about some stupid thing or whatever, Personally I don't want Sonic or Snake in the next Smash Bros. I'd rather play as Rayman, or Megaman, or Bomberman, or (most likely) Pac-man, but since people seem hell-bent with the idea that Sonic is gonna be in the next game just cause of some exclusives, even though he's still a TPC by definition, and most of the games in that list above that Auto posted weren't exactly goooood. So anyway, Didn't Sakurai say he wanted to keep the character count to the same as Brawl? Doesn't that mean we're gonna be getting some major cutbacks? Who do you guys think is gonna be cut out? Excluding the obvious original 12 that will always stay.
Rayman,Pacman and all those other mascots are TPC to you know. And out of all those,aside from Pacman,Sonic still has the best chance. Having this partnership,the amount of hype and sales generated by Sonics inclusion in brawl,and the popularity of Sonic on Nintendo consoles seem like fair points to use to justify Sonics return.
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're dead to me.

Good.  I wouldn't want to be friends with a dirty JIGGLY-LOVER anyway!

no but really i just like meowth more, i have no inherent problem with jigglypuff

Olimar is probably going to be shifted out in favor of one of new Pikmin 3 characters.

I'd be cool with them putting in one of the Pikmin 3 characters.

Hopefully Brittany, just because the series needs more female fighters.

• Thumbs Up 3

Olimar is probably going to be shifted out in favor of one of new Pikmin 3 characters.

I could see Alph (but Brittany would be better, like Wraith said, because she's fucking ADORABLE) as a new rep, using the new Pikmin (since there will likely be more than two new ones), especially since the new ones seem to be much more complex than the original five.

But taking out Olimar for Alph would be like switching out Marth for Alm, or Pikachu for Pachirisu or something.

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario

I wouldn't mind Bayonetta.

The game needs more ass. Less sausage fest pls

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh god Distant Planet. Nobody enjoyed playing that stage around here.

Capt_B_and_C.png

Brittany or Charlie for SSB4 pls. Alph can go away.

• Thumbs Up 2

If not Brittany, than put in that badass mofo, Captian Charlie. Just don't throw Alph in. I mean, he even kinda looks like Olimar.

I hope we get a better stage. I didn't like Distant Planet.

Agreed. I found Distant Plant to be garbage. That slope on the left side killed it for me. 

Though I have to admit, the giant Bulborb was pretty rad.

Though I have to admit, the giant Bulborb was pretty rad.

Throwing people into its maw is one of the most fun things to do in the entire game.

Let's hope the next Pikmin stage keeps this feature in while simultaneously having better level design; although Metroid would also be well-suited to have some fucking huge thing eat you.  It just wouldn't be near as cute.

Eh, I would rather Pokemon Trainer be the only one to use a swap out mechanic. It's his shtick, man.

Edited by wOrm

When Ridley appears in this game, will Samus have a mental breakdown? :P

When Ridley appears in this game, will Samus have a mental breakdown? tongue.png

Oh, no sir, you must be mistaken.  We won't be getting THIS Samus:

crappysamus.jpg

We'll be getting this one:

samuspng.png

fucking hopefully, anyway
Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

switching out Marth for Alm

I fail to see any negative consequences coming from this hypothetical situation.

What if they did a switch out like pokemon trainer?

Eh, as said earlier, the switch mechanic with stamina effects and damage retainment is PT's thing. And the act of switching makes sense for him in context. How do the Pikmin 3 protagonists swap out, would the other 2 just hang in the background?

When Ridley appears in this game, will Samus have a mental breakdown? :P
one of her taunts better be Adam authorizing her to do something.

one of her taunts better be Adam authorizing her to do something.

And every now and then, during the middle of match, Samus will stop to recite an unnecessary monologue about her feelings on the situation at hand and whether or not Adam would approve of her current actions. During this, everyone is frozen and must listen to to whole speech.

• Thumbs Up 4

must listen to to whole speech.

to to

you malfunctioning bro?

• Thumbs Up 4

you malfunctioning bro?

I spent almost my whole day studying for a big math test, so so yes, I probably am malfunctioning.

*bzzt*

You know, I would totally be down for Anthony Higgs being a playable character.