Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

I've probably already said it but more than anything I want Shadow replaced as the Assist Trophy for the Sonic franchise. Preferably with Eggman using the GHZ wrecking ball but I'd take Tails as well.

Also to this day Silver still looks horribly out of place in GHZ.

• Thumbs Up 5

Preferably with Eggman using the GHZ wrecking ball

If I don't see this in some form I'll be disappointed. Assist Trophy, boss, Eggman playable and this as his final smash, whatever.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've probably already said it but more than anything I want Shadow replaced as the Assist Trophy for the Sonic franchise. Preferably with Eggman using the GHZ wrecking ball but I'd take Tails as well.
That's actually a great idea and would be a better Assist Trophy from the Sonic franchise rather than Shadow's Chaos Control.

I'd rather have Shadow as an alternate costume for Sonic and add a new assist trophy to replace Shadow. Though admittedly I did think it was epic seeing Shadow.

Not sure who who replace Shadow though as the assist trophy. Eggman should be a boss. I don't see him being playable.

Sonic is getting ONE rep, ONE assist, and ONE stage if he's in (now likely with the agreement between Nintendo and Sega).  Shadow's popularity has massively declined since Brawl, so the assist will most likely be Eggman or Tails.

With the way Sonic Team is focusing on Classic characters now, if they decide to go the "alt costumes" route, I could see Metal Sonic happening before Shadow, especially since Metal is a total reskin character anyway.

On that list, it's such a faker it belongs in Sonic Adventure 2.  No way we're seeing Tharja in SSB4 outside of an Awakening stage or (lowest possible chance) an assist trophy.

This is assuming, of course, Assist Trophies are still a thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not happening. I'd expect to see no one else but SONIC

*Fixed

I wonder if they did add sonic by any chance if his moveset will be roughly the same or slightly updated for Lost Worlds or any other recent Sonic game. If anything I hope he retains roughly the same moveset and frame data from Project M, you know... a useful homing attack, higher priority spin dash, an air spike, a breakdance down smash instead of another spindash like move.

I actually liked that they tried to focus Sonic's moveset on spinning.  Spinning always was intended to be Sonic's signature attack, he was even designed for it.

I actually liked that they tried to focus Sonic's moveset on spinning.  Spinning always was intended to be Sonic's signature attack, he was even designed for it.

It also did wonders for keeping one's opponent guessing, enabling an excellent Sonic player to confuse the hell out of their opponent. Which is, honestly, fits Sonic's character quite well.

It also did wonders for keeping one's opponent guessing, enabling an excellent Sonic player to confuse the hell out of their opponent. Which is, honestly, fits Sonic's character quite well.

"Is he going to roll at me...or is he going to SPIN at me?!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's moveset could use a bit of updating, but otherwise I thought it was pretty good overall. Though I'm not sure about keeping the spring in there, I'd prefer that to be an item in-game rather than part of Sonic's moveset. Other than the spring, there's only one thing I could think of for Sonic's Up+B move, though, and I'm not sure people would like that one very much (Chaos Control; he does use it, but not very often), so the spring is probably staying...

I do not like how both Sonic's Side B and Down B moves are both Spin Dash, though. Make it one or the other, and replace the second with something else. It can still be fast and involve spinning, of course, but I don't like how they're basically exactly the same (make a slight different to one or the other to differentiate them more). The base B move, Homing Attack, is quite a bit different from the normal homing attack, but its not that bad I guess.

As for other characters. I don't want any clones, period. I'd like characters to have mostly unique movesets maybe with some small similarities. I also don't like the idea of having duplicate characters in general, hence I'm completely against Toon/Young Link and alternates of other characters such as Mario (no Paper Mario, shoo, I'd rather have another Mario character than just an alternate version of Mario).

Ganondorf should fight with his sword. Please do not replace him with Demise, PLEASE. Demise was an ok one-off, but Ganondorf is the signature baddy. He needs to stay, and he needs to NOT BE A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE. He's a little better in Brawl, but he's still basically just a heavier, slower, more powerful Captain Falcon. He needs a better moveset overall. Maybe keep some of his magical abilities, but also include his sword.

Fox, Falco, and Wolf should all be unique. Wolf is a lot more unique than Falco compared to Fox, but they're still basically clones of each other. I wouldn't mind Krystal appearing, she'd have a GREAT moveset, but the Star Fox series really is pretty much dead right now as is, so I don't think they need a new character and the three we've got have been around since the beginning (well, Wolf may not have been in Star Fox, not sure; 64 is just a 3D remake of Star Fox). Then again, at that rate, Krystal and Wolf have had about the same number of appearances, since Wolf was absent in Adventures. Meh.

On the note of Krystal, her moveset would obviously based on her staff. All of Fox's moves from Adventures would go to Krystal. Up+B would be the rocket ability, Down+B the ground pound, and B/Side B would be Fire Blaster and the Ice attack. Which ever works better for which one, I'm not quite sure which would. Probably Fire Balster for B and Side B the icy spray attack (I forget what its actually called). The rest of her moveset is entirely based on her staff.

I don't mind keeping both Lucas and Ness, but they're a little more questionable since that series is rather small in size. Perhaps they should have completely different PK abilities to make them more unique, or just remove one of them. As Ness has been around since the start, though, it doesn't really make sense to remove him.

Also, Luigi should have a much more unique moveset. Perhaps base it around the Poltergust 3000.

Admittedly, Brawl did have a lot less clones than in the past two games, but it still had its fair share, and I don't like that.

If Final Smashes return (I hope they do), they should all be unique. Why did they give all three Star Fox characters the EXACT SAME FS? Sheesh. Also, the Final Smashes should be utilized to be about balanced with one another. If a Final Smash covers more area, it should do less damage, if it covers less area, it should do more damage. It should not be based on how powerful the character is normally; the characters should be balanced without taking into account Final Smashes, and same goes for Final Smashes as well.

Not sure about what else to bring up. Other than the major franchises, I can't think of any other characters that would make good additions. I don't see one third-party company having more than one character in the game. If Squeenix gets a character in the game, I don't think it'd be from an FF game that did not appear on a Nintendo console (basically eliminating any main games post-VI). I couldn't see Squeenix getting any characters in because of this as if any third-party would appear, it'd be a popular character from a popular franchise. As much as I'd love someone like Terra Branford in, the 3D FF games are generally more popular.

The only other third-party other than Snake/Sonic I could see in (I honestly believe that they'll both return, I can't see them just dropping Snake and Sonic is obvious) would be Pac-Man and/or Mega Man. Which also rules out the possibility of any Tales characters getting in (not that I thought any would; Pac-Man is the obvious choice). Mega Man had a good early standing on Nintendo consoles as well, so he'd be the perfect fit if Capcom decided to let him appear.

I can't see a lot of third-parties appearing, though. In fact I anticipate no more than three. I honestly think Mega Man would be the better choice, but I don't know, I'm not sure Capcom would want that, and even then, Namco has a better standing with Nintendo at the moment.

Sonic is getting ONE rep, ONE assist, and ONE stage if he's in (now likely with the agreement between Nintendo and Sega). Shadow's popularity has massively declined since Brawl, so the assist will most likely be Eggman or Tails.

Personally, I'd love it if the assist trophy was Perfect Chaos. He could be the assist trophy version of Ho Oh and Lugia. And Eggman could work as a boss for adventure mode.

Make Sonic's B Left/Right his Boost, with a similar effect to Piplup when released from a Pokeball, Of course, you won;t be able to push them off the stage perfectly, but do you see where I'm coming from?

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 1

Demise would make a cool Final Smash for Ganondorf.  I know story-wise it makes no sense that Ganondorf could "transform" into Demise, and granted his Ganon form is more well known - Demise has only got points over Ganon in relevancey due to recentness etc.

It'd be kinda like WarioMan where he has the same moveset but turned up to 11.

Demise would make a cool Final Smash for Ganondorf.  I know story-wise it makes no sense that Ganondorf could "transform" into Demise, and granted his Ganon form is more well known - Demise has only got points over Ganon in relevancey due to recentness etc.

It'd be kinda like WarioMan where he has the same moveset but turned up to 11.

I'd rather just see a playable Ganon for his Final Smash. As you said, it makes no sense story-wise. It's one reason I actually don't like Giga Bowser; he's fine for Smash Bros, but it's got nothing to do with his character. 

Also making Ganondorf his own actual character this time would be a nice plus, but I've probably already said that ten million times. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one that actually liked that SSBB had a story and that kinda thing instead of just multiplayer and classic modes? Cos that's what it seems like.

Well, I hope that nobody gets the treatment Sonic got in the story last time. That just screamed "LAST MINUTE".

AND I HATE HIS MODEL THERE SO CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE MAKE A BETTER MODEL AND NOT RE-USE THAT OR AT LEAST EDIT IT AND CHANGE THE SHADE OF BLUE YEAH THANKS.

Yeah. I really hate that shade of blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I hope that nobody gets the treatment Sonic got in the story last time. That just screamed "LAST MINUTE".

That's because he was. Sonic was the only character added in 2007 and he was basically made when most other things were in their final phases.

If we see a story mode I'd rather it be like Melee's Adventure mode. Either that or make something individualized for each character or ditch the trophy theme. Yes, I realize Smash Bros is non-canon and takes place in its own world, but the SSE actually being about trophies was sort of absurd. 

Well, that's because it WAS.  Sonic didn't get thrown in until the very last minute, for some reason; I assume because Sega was taking their time with the legal part of it.

@Demise stuff

I honestly don't like Demise.  He looks boring.

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with the Demise thing too.  Honestly as well including him might be a bit of a spoiler generally speaking.  I'd much rather see Girahim playable as he'd at least have a unique fighting style.

I know Shiek is a walking spoiler but s/he became a playable character a good half-decade or so after the game came out.

I know Shiek is a walking spoiler but s/he became a playable character a good half-decade or so after the game came out.

And just how soon are you expecting the next Smash to be released? :V It's already been nearly two years. And considering our modern day "spoil everything" mentality, it's not like it'd last too much longer either. Not that I really care about the whole Ganon and Demise deal myself since I'm not a big fan of Legend of Zelda, just felt I had to get that point in.

Edited by Kamicciolo

There are still people playing games every day; hell, I just learned the huge spoiler from Mother 3 the other day and it hit me like a truck.  That game came out before fuckin' Melee if I remember correctly.

Spoilers have always been handled fairly well in Smash; for example, Sakurai never comes right out and says "Dark Samus is Metroid Prime" because it's something you're supposed to figure out on your own.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mother 3 came out in 2006.

Demise is such a walking spoiler that I can't see him working as a character on his own. If Ganondorf got a reskin with Demise's color scheme, however, that could be enough. Think the Dark Link reskin, just more glowy. People none the wiser would just think "oh cool, power-uppy Ganondorf."

Ghirahim, on the other hand, was regularly shown in promo trailers and throughout the game that he can be an acceptable character inclusion, in the context of spoilers and stuff. Just know that he's an elegant, if malicious, swordsman out to get Zelda for a nefarious purpose, and harbors a deep secret, and you're good to go for the trophy description.

Edited by Joshua

I was recently thinking about this. You know who I wouldn't mind AT ALL in the next Smash Bros?

3845785981_4bae41e686.jpg

Tetra has quite some potential. Unlike Toon link, Tetra could have her own complete style, different from previous Zelda's in the Smash games. She's a pirate! There is lots of things you could come up with with that piece of info alone. Plus she could also perhaps either as a Final smash or a down special turn into Zelda?

While were on the topic of Zelda I was always hoping this guy:

Midna-Wolf.png

Could play some role in the smash games. I know it's unlikely for Wolf Link to be playable or be used with the new link they decide to choose, but it could be interesting if he was used as a Assist Trophy or something. This is a different link after all. If not WL, then Midna I guess could also work.

Mother 3 came out in 2006.

Demise is such a walking spoiler that I can't see him working as a character on his own. If Ganondorf got a reskin with Demise's color scheme, however, that could be enough. Think the Dark Link reskin, just more glowy. People none the wiser would just think "oh cool, power-uppy Ganondorf."

Ghirahim, on the other hand, was regularly shown in promo trailers and throughout the game that he can be an acceptable character inclusion, in the context of spoilers and stuff. Just know that he's an elegant, if malicious, swordsman out to get Zelda for a nefarious purpose, and harbors a deep secret, and you're good to go for the trophy description.

But Ghirahim is YET ANOTHER GODDAMN SWORDSMAN

But Ghirahim is YET ANOTHER GODDAMN SWORDSMAN

Honestly, how many Swordsman were in brawl? Ike,Marth,Link,Toon Link and Meta Knight. That's only 5. I wouldn't exactly call that overload.:/