Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Never going to happen ever but a very appropriate character for that purpose could be-

cn_tev_sticker_captainn.jpg

R.O.B was a super lame choice.

I'm on the same boat here. Even if he's not in the main game, hopefully they do character DLC, if so, then I'll cross my fingers extra tight for Captain N

Watching Game Grumps, I now want the Ice Climbers replaced by Pocky and Rocky, I think they'd make a better duo character than the Ice Climbers.

And big freaking yes to Captain N, through I do hope we get Mega Man and Simon Belmont along with him, lol. 

(Not the actual Captain N Simon Belmont mind you)

Watching Game Grumps, I now want the Ice Climbers replaced by Pocky and Rocky

I now want the Ice Climbers replaced

We shall never be friends. EVER.

Nah, I'm joking, you're great, one of my favourite Sonic fan-artists. Just, don't touch my Ice Climbers.

Edited by Nald From Never Lake

I was replaying Super Smash Bros. 64 last night and forgot how adorably quaint it is.

I'd love just two little things in Smash 4 that only this one did:

1. Prior to character select, a more quaint/quiet menu system.  Keep it as pretty and visually spectacular as the existing ones, but yeah, I adore the calmness of the N64 menus.

2. Give Training mode its own unique aesthetic.  For some reason I love that Practice mode in 64 had such a chilled out BGM, and all the backgrounds replaced with the Smash logo.  If they could somehow replicate this with 3D backgrounds that'd be so friggin' cool.  In my head I imagine it being a cool inbetween-dimensions-ish vista with the Smash logo being planet sized and 3D in the background.  Like 64, the colour-scheme of said background would be as close matching to the original background as possible.

These are two really random things but yeah, I liked them lol.

Also they must bring back the Target Test music from Melee, at least as a secret for holding down a button or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

I never noticed about the logo in the background until very recently. Can't believe I missed that all this time.

Also they must bring back the Target Test music from Melee, at least as a secret for holding down a button or something.

Haha, although I slightly prefer the original Super Smash Bros' Target Test, I also wouldn't mind if they bought back Melee's Target Test theme. Both were miles better than Brawl.

I also would love if they bring back the Trophy music from Melee.............just keep the Trophy Lottery away, of course. xD

Edited by canderson

Unless Eggman is in a walker dont see him as best for a fighter. and Shadow and metal sonic would proably end up as clones

Unless Eggman is in a walker dont see him as best for a fighter. and Shadow and metal sonic would proably end up as clones

There's really no reason to talk about it; Sonic's only getting one rep, and that's himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unless Eggman is in a walker dont see him as best for a fighter.

How many times does it need to be brought up that several characters in Smash weren't fighters before Smash?
  • Thumbs Up 5

He could just be in his standard flying thing that he uses to travel with his moves being attaching it to a bigger robot (reffering to the Classic Era) or pulling tricks out of it (like the infamous wrecking ball from the very first Green Hill Zone).

You just need to think with creativity and potentially every character could gain a complete moveset.

Super Smash Bros. 64 is my favorite in the series due to the presentation alone. There are a lot of aesthetics and details that aren't replicated in later games, and I wish they'd bring back some of them such as what Jez mentioned. I loved hanging around the menus and practice mode because it felt so calming.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really looking forward to this smash, when I get a Wii U anyway. I always had the most fun with friends and family, although I wish the block moves that the sword characters had (down+B I think) would work against everything rather than JUST swords, it makes the attack useless most of the time.

As for Eggman (I know it's unlikely he would be in it) I'd have his moves as something like this:

Standard (A) attack: Egg Kick

He kicks the enemy (like in the SA2 Chao garden)

Side attack (left/right+A): Orbot + Cubot

He throws Orbot/Cubot at the enemy

Up attack (up+A):

Down attack (down+A):

Special (B ): Egg Tools

He throws various tools at the players, holding B charges for a more powerful throw

Side special (left/right+B ): Egg Shock

Eggman lunges with a taser sort of device electrocuting the opposition

Down special (down+B ): Tails Doll

He pulls out the Tails Doll to hide behind, if hit by a physical attack rather than a projectile the Tails Doll counters otherwise it does nothing

Up special (up+B ): Eggmobile

He jumps in the Eggmobile and rises with a little control (similar to Snakes) and at the end he drops it and it causes damage if touched (like the spring for Sonic)

Final smash: EITHER Checker Wrecker/Death Egg Robot/Egg Nega Wisp/Badnik Swarm

Checker wrecker: he flies around the screen with the swinging ball (maybe add the Sonic 4 swing by using the B button)

Death Egg Robot: the robot rises from the middle and he jumps in, if it stomps on you you get damage, A causes a hover, B shoots the arms

Egg Nega Wisp (it was on a Nintendo console): jumps into the egg Nega wisp and flies behind the stage, A activates lazer, which sweeps the stage, B activates Spike which shoots and lands on the stage, staying for 20 seconds.

Badnik Swarm: he curls his moustache before he presses a button and Badniks swarm the stage (motobugs, buzz bombers, jaws, crabmeat and Egg Pawns) at the end a few are left that can be thrown by the other players until they fade or break

Edited by Jolt_TH

Actually, Marth, Ike/Roy, and Lucario's Counter moves should work against all attacks, not just sword moves.

although I wish the block moves that the sword characters had (down+B I think) would work against everything rather than JUST swords, it makes the attack useless most of the time.

Uh, they do? I'm pretty sure you can Counter anything.

Oh, It only seemed to work for just swords with me...I'll have to try when I reclaim my Brawl disk

How many times does it need to be brought up that several characters in Smash weren't fighters before Smash?

I don't really see what you're trying to get at, because it seems to me that what Mando said was actually pretty accurate.  It wouldn't make sense for Eggman to be playable in Smash Bros. (or any fighting game for that matter) unless he was piloting some form of vehicle.  I mean, that's just Eggman's style.

Of course, this is a moot point since no third party series should be getting more than one playable character anyway.

Of course, this is a moot point since no third party series should be getting more than one playable character anyway.

I think people are giving Sonic extra leeway here because he's not just a "third party character."

Nintendo has formed partnerships with SEGA and have a very tight connection. SEGA making F-Zero, Mario & Sonic, Exclusive games/partnerships, etc.

I don't really see what you're trying to get at, because it seems to me that what Mando said was actually pretty accurate.  It wouldn't make sense for Eggman to be playable in Smash Bros. (or any fighting game for that matter) unless he was piloting some form of vehicle.  I mean, that's just Eggman's style.

Also Captain Falcon's style, and Fox's style, and Falco's style, and Wolf's style.

Yet they're all playable, and not in vehicles (outside of their final smashes).

To be very honest - let's see, last game Sonic got one character, a simple in design yet highly detailed stage, songs for that stage including one remix, a very small role in the story mode (but moreso than Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff), an assist trophy, and several trophies and stickers.

All of this considering he was a very late addition to the game compared to every other character which was planned from the start.

I would be genuinely shocked if he doesn't have more than this amount of representation in the next game.  I'm not saying I imagine him getting more of all the above categories, but if he gets the exact same treatment as before I would be surprised, yes.

This is just my thoughts regarding the people poo-pooing the mere notion of Sonic having a secondary playable represenation of his franchise.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also Captain Falcon's style, and Fox's style, and Falco's style, and Wolf's style.

in Addition to that, Making Eggman a Playable Fighter is really not that Hard to do (if this has been said before, my apologies)

Exhibit A

Just give Eggman a Mech Suit like here (wouldn't even need to be all that Big, about Bowser Size should be more than enough), and Add in Some weapons (like the Drill Tank, the Wrecking Ball, his Cannon from SA2 etc) as Special Moves and maybe have something like Big Arms or Egg Dragoon as a Final Smash and presto, a Perfectly playable Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be very honest - let's see, last game Sonic got one character, a simple in design yet highly detailed stage, songs for that stage including one remix, a very small role in the story mode (but moreso than Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff), an assist trophy, and several trophies and stickers.

All of this considering he was a very late addition to the game compared to every other character which was planned from the start.

I would be genuinely shocked if he doesn't have more than this amount of representation in the next game.  I'm not saying I imagine him getting more of all the above categories, but if he gets the exact same treatment as before I would be surprised, yes.

This is just my thoughts regarding the people poo-pooing the mere notion of Sonic having a secondary playable represenation of his franchise.

Well they might have more time to work on him, but I still doubt they'll give him any more because it's a Nintendo Crossover fighting game, not a all-random-characters crossover fighting game. He'll probably have a better designed stage this time and more remixes, but that's probably about it. I'm fine with this: Smash Bros is about Nintendo anyway, and I'd rather the 3rd party stuff (if it's there) mostly be handled through DLC (and when I say mostly I mean Sonic and Snake are the exceptions to the DLC rule). 

All of those characters pilot specialized vehicles that wouldn't translate into a fighting game.

In contrast, it would make perfect sense for Eggman to have some form of combat mech to fight with.

it's a Nintendo Crossover fighting game, not a all-random-characters crossover fighting game. 

Please excuse me, I'm going mad with the revelation.

His post was actually somewhat ambiguous, so I've no idea why you felt the need to so strongly both oppose his post and defend the game. Jez pretty much stated that he does not necessarily expect additional representation as per previously mentioned categories (Including characters) to manifest, so your response seems unnecessarily adversarial. The identity of the franchise as a series of Nintendo crossover fighting games is hardly going to be threatened by the inclusion of a little more representation for the Sonic franchise, and it certainly won't turn into 'a all-random-characters-crossover fighting game', even if the Sonic franchise gets an additional character in the next game.

Edited by Heinous Creature

it's a Nintendo Crossover fighting game, not a all-random-characters crossover fighting game.

mario-and-sonic-together-at-last-2007032

Sonic is not Solid Snake. He's not a random 3rd party anymore.

• Thumbs Up 9