Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Honestly, how many Swordsman were in brawl? Ike,Marth,Link,Toon Link and Meta Knight. That's only 5. I wouldn't exactly call that overload.:/

Yeah but COME OOOOOON.  There are so many more interesting fighting styles out there!  The fist-fighters don't get boring because they all have unique fighting styles with tons of personality.  All of the characters you listed besides Meta Knight have your basic "I'm fighting with a sword" style.

Yeah but COME OOOOOON.  There are so many more interesting fighting styles out there!  The fist-fighters don't get boring because they all have unique fighting styles with tons of personality.  All of the characters you listed besides Meta Knight have your basic "I'm fighting with a sword" style.

My example that I had previously posted, Tetra, seems like she could be a very unique swordswoman. Being a Pirate, brings so much to the table that could be worked with.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather get unique characters (coughcoughskullkidcough) who could fight with unorthodox weapons (coughcoughskullkidcough) and maybe even magic (coughskullkidcoughcoughcough) or something.

No offense to your Tetra idea, of course.

I'd rather get unique characters (coughcoughskullkidcough) who could fight with unorthodox weapons (coughcoughskullkidcough) and maybe even magic (coughskullkidcoughcoughcough) or something.

No offense to your Tetra idea, of course.

She could replace Zelda and be Windwaker representation, Link could be Skyward Sword representation, keep Ganondorf, and then you could replace Toon Link with Skull kid. There, everybody happy?

(not to mention Tetra could always turn into Zelda and use magic.)

Edited by Gonard
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, how many Swordsman were in brawl? Ike,Marth,Link,Toon Link and Meta Knight. That's only 5. I wouldn't exactly call that overload.:/

We had Roy and Young Link in Melee but they and Toon Link were clones, so technically 4.

I want to see an ax wielding person though. Maybe Hector?

Although Zelda/Sheik was my second main in Brawl, it would be really cool to see Tetra/Zelda representing Wind Waker. Having each Zelda character taken from a different game is a cool idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

Although Zelda/Sheik was my second main in Brawl, it would be really cool to see Tetra/Zelda representing Wind Waker. Having each Zelda character taken from a different game is a cool idea.

I always wanted to see this. Having different games being represented really gives you more to work with imo instead of just having one game be used. This could also be applied with Mario in a way. Have Paper Mario representation dang it!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't want Paper Mario as a playable character, pretty much for the same reason that I kinda want Toon link gone, it's just the same character in a different style. I mean, admittedly, Toon Link was leagues better than regular link in Brawl and I loved him far more than his TP counterpart. But, series representation wise, it'd be far better if they used that spot for a unique character like Skull Kid, Groose, Ghirahim, Vaati, someone more than Link 2.0. 

As for Paper Mario, I think the closest thing I want to ever see out of him being full on playable is having his as an alternate to Mario, or even having a Paper Mario stage in SSB4 that paperizes all of the fighters

• Thumbs Up 3

Paper Mario is the same Mario in a different aesthetic style and a different battle style. While Toon Link uses the same sets of tools as regular Link does, Paper Mario has loads and loads of friends, Pixls, Stickers, and Jump and Hammer Attacks that differentiate him from regular Mario. It would be believable to make a moveset out of that's so unlike Mario's.

• Thumbs Up 2

Basically what josh said. It's a bit silly to say paper Mario is no different from regular Mario, considering his play style is MUCH different from regular.

You'd really have to try to make Paper Mario a clone. I just can't see him even pulling off most of Mario's other moves.

Edited by wOrm
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's not about the moveset.  He could have the most creative moveset ever and I still wouldn't want him, because Mario's already in the game and he doesn't need to be in it twice.

There are much more deserving characters than Mario...again.

There are much more deserving characters than Mario...again.

Yeah! Baby Mario for SSB4! Who's with me?

• Thumbs Up 4

It's not about the moveset.  He could have the most creative moveset ever and I still wouldn't want him, because Mario's already in the game and he doesn't need to be in it twice.   There are much more deserving characters than Mario...again.
I want to see Mario switched with Paper Mario. But I highly doubt that will happen. Still if that did happen, I wouldn't be mad.:P if not paper Mario then replace bowser or peach with Paper version of them. I just want some PM representation.:P

I want to see Mario switched with Paper Mario. But I highly doubt that will happen. Still if that did happen, I wouldn't be mad.tongue.png if not paper Mario then replace bowser or peach with Paper version of them. I just want some PM representation.tongue.png

I think Paper Mario is much more suited to a stage; especially since the whole gimmick of Paper Mario is that it's a Paper World.

The only character I would really like to see is Chibi-Robo, but lets face it, that is a wish that will never come true...

*sigh*

If only...

• Thumbs Up 2

A stage could work. I personally would love to see a Paper Mario character replace replace one of the Mario characters. But that's just me.

Also my main argument wasn't about him being in or not anyway. It was the reason for him not being in that he used that bothered me. He said, because he'd end up being a clone, to which I said no that most likely wouldn't be the case.

The only character I would really like to see is Chibi-Robo, but lets face it, that is a wish that will never come true...

*sigh*

If only...

You have to control him with your voice!

But unfortunately, no matter what you say, he just turns to the screen and looks at you, confused BECAUSE THE FUCKING GAME DOESN'T TELL YOU WHAT TO SAY GODDAMN IT GAMESTOP YOU TOLD ME I NEEDED THE MICROPHONE AND I FUCKING DIDN'T

-cough-

Erm, yes, do go on.

• Thumbs Up 1

what if they finaly replaced Dr mario with say paper mario, that would work

what if they finaly replaced Dr mario with say paper mario, that would work
Dr. Mario's gone anyway. Even if he did replace someone else, it's still a spot on the roster that could go to a more interesting character.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly fine with seemingly samey characters as long as their moves and whatnot are totally different. Regular and Toon Link could've honestly had completely different attacks in brawl, from the sword moves you learn in TP or some of the unique items in Wind Waker. But when say, people want Dr. Mario to return like he was in Melee, I'd be perfectly content with a glorified skin alternate that even changes his fire balls to pills and what not.

To be perfectly honest I wish Smash Bros would still include some of the clones characters by putting them in an "alternative" tab on a character or something. That way they're still there for fans, possible more to unlock, and hopefully not counting toward the actual roster count. Could be cool for a scenario like "Oh I like Mario's play style but I wish he were heavier or something. Oh the Dr. Mario alternative is basically that cool."

Would never happen and probably makes things more complicated, just how I'd love unlockable moves to swap in and out for characters still, but I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't mind if they experimented with making the game even more deep while of course keeping it totally optional.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wonder who the next mystery Nintendo character will be in Smash Bros 4. In Melee it was G&W and in Brawl it was ROB.

...Uh, a deck of Hanafuda cards? XD Many lols will be had when the announcer shouts "HANAFUDA!"

Admittedly I wouldn't mind seeing Toon Link again if he had a usable Wind Waker and was given the Deku Leaf as a glide move ala Metaknight, Pit and all the otherwise flying characters. There's a few more tools that could be use to spread the differences, like the Whirlwind from Spirit Tracks and the Grappling Hook from Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass, but honestly, the Wind Waker itself as a Final Smash would do it for me. Screen-wide air currents would make for hilarious edgeguards, moreso if you're able to actually control which direction the wind blows.

But to be honest that's more or less a fallback in my head, so I'm just going to have to mirror Wario and say Skull Kid dropping the fucking moon on the stage is all kinds of crazy awesome that just needs to happen.

• Thumbs Up 5