Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

^ On that note Ganondorf's moveset should be completely changed to be unique and based on his moves from past games, primarily consisting of him using his dark magic powers, and perhaps a sword a little bit, though they don't have to use a sword too much. Brawl made him feel a bit more unique, but he still basically had the same abilities as Captain Falcon, which really sucked.

Giving Ganondorf his magic-based attacks back is a must, especially since there are hardly any magic-based characters in Smash Bros. as of yet. Zelda is one of the very few. Technically Lucas/Ness could be considered this, though their abilities are supposed to be Physic.

There are two things worth noting about Captain Falcon. 

First, if what I've read in the past is accurate, his move set was the only one that was actually developed before it was decided that the first Smash Bros. would be a Nintendo crossover game, so presumably it acts as a reference to the original game's development process. 

Secondly, and much more importantly, Captain Falcon is the only character in Smash who doesn't even try to be based on his home series.  Well, aside from Ganondorf, but Ganon's treatment in Smash has always been bizarrely crap.  And even then, one could make the argument that Falcon's special moves are loosely based on the boost mechanics of F-Zero.  Regardless, I fail to see how the one character who doesn't explicitly reference his series somehow makes all of the others who actually do completely irrelevant.

And for the record, everyone, I did not mean that Luigi should be exactly the same as Mario, but rather, that he should always be similar, because that's a part of who he is.

Didn't falcon do a falcon punch in the anime though?

I am eternally disappointed that we will almost certainly never see Wind Waker Ganondorf in Smash.

Didn't falcon do a falcon punch in the anime though?

...I think that was derived from Smash Bros, ironically enough.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am eternally disappointed that we will almost certainly never see Wind Waker Ganondorf in Smash.

While this is probably true, I'd like to think that if alternate costumes ever do happen, Ganondorf's costume should be his outfit from Wind Waker.  It wouldn't be him exactly, but at least it would reference him.

Just to pitch into the Green Mario discussion, I'd be pretty disappointed if they did massively change him up, since I like playing Luigi sometimes.  Luigi was the "majorly altered" clone character back in Melee before Wolf was in Brawl, and that's fine as is.  Certainly replace his B or Down+B with something vacuum related but otherwise I think he's good and would be disappointed if he got a wildly different moveset.

The reason Luigi is such a great comic character in Brawl is because he does stuff sort of like Mario but in really downright bizarre and undignified ways.  If he had an entirely unique moveset we'd lose that.

For futher thoughts on Mario, the more I think about it the more I realise Sunshine was just one game, and the worst 3D game at that (in mine and general opinion), and having such major representation in Brawl was certainly a tip of the hat enough to the game's fine qualities that make it outstanding despite being the worst compared to others.  I'm more than happy for it to move aside actually for Smash 4.  At most, maybe FLUDD could be demoted to an item?

It would allow any character to fly for a short time like the Kirby characters and Jigglypuff, with the bonus of shooting a spray downwards on every push, knocking players around a bit.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

While Luigi has been increasingly characterised as an individual over the past few years, that characterisation is based on his status as a flawed, inferior copy of Mario.  His individuality is a vast extension of the joke of his whole existence.

At most, maybe FLUDD could be demoted to an item?

It would allow any character to fly for a short time like the Kirby characters and Jigglypuff, with the bonus of shooting a spray downwards on every push, knocking players around a bit.

This. Why wasn't FLUDD an item?! And if Luigi isn't getting the Poltergust, why not that, too? 

I would say FLUDD behaves as it does for Mario (besides being mapped to the basic attack button) and would knock players back, and more efficiently than Mario ever did in Brawl. As for the Poltergust, in order to distinguish it from Kirby and Dedede, have it suck up multiple characters... and not just characters, but items as well. Or something. Anything.

Quite frankly, one thing I would like to see is the option to mix and match your Special Moves and Final Smashes to your likeing.

think God Hands Technique customisation combined with Street Fighter 4's multiple Ultra's basically, Want Mario to use the FLUDD as his Down-B? there you go, want him to use the Mario Tornado instead? there you go then, that way you get your Dream Moveset while also retaining the characters initial Moveset if you prefer that, and it also helps keeping things niceley varied, so thats nice too I think.

While it's cool that Luigi has been seen as the second Mario, I just wish we had different personalities for both characters. It makes playing as both more appealing.

Mario has been seen in Paper Mario & Dr. Mario.

Luigi has been seen in Luigi's Mansion.

A couple unique moves borrowing from their big games would be cool in my opinion.

Luigi being in Luigi's Mansion is why people here are wanting the Poltergust in the first place. Luigi could also stand to have some moves from the Mario and Luigi games be incorporated into his moveset; replace the "Special Delivery/Fingerbang" Fsmash with the Thunderhand from Superstar Saga which would basically make it a copy of Dr. Mario's Fsmash from Melee. Poor guy can't get a move to his own. Maybe replace the Green Missile or the Dsmash with a variation of the Knockback Bros. technique where Luigi swings his hammer like a golf club, that sort of thing could work.

Such a notion is not up for debate.

I said the same thing about the Mario Tornado in 2006.

I may be for a Galaxy move instead of MT to replace FLUDD for Smash 4, but I'd be lying if I said I did not miss hearing Mario yell "YEE-HAW" like a cowboy every time the button was pressed. Ah well, things change.

Yeah but Green Missile is just... so Luigi.  It'd be like if they removed his ridiculous taunts and victory animations.  8C

• Thumbs Up 1

I really think Mario tornado should stay the way it was in Brawl. I dunno, I just found it a lot more convenient and fun to use. Fast, happened on a dime, and it was good damage and knockback. The best part was how it was less stiff too.

Yeah I prefer the Brawl Mario Tornado myself, a lot more reliable to use.

Through I prefer the the original Smash Super Coin Block Jump Punch.

I kinda hope they include a Nintendoland stage, which changes configuration every so often to be themed like any one of the minigames contained within. That'd be nice to see; a good all-round-themed stage.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda hope they include a Nintendoland stage, which changes configuration every so often to be themed like any one of the minigames contained within. That'd be nice to see; a good all-round-themed stage.

Makes me wonder if a Warioware stage will get replaced by Game & Wario [Wii U].

I just hope there's a super pretty Outset island stage for the Wind Waker HD represent, or at least something from this game again. I could definitely see a WW and SS level for the Zelda stuffs on Wii U, and then ALLTP2 for 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope there's a super pretty Outset island stage for the Wind Waker HD represent, or at least something from this game again. I could definitely see a WW and SS level for the Zelda stuffs on Wii U, and then ALLTP2 for 3DS.
i doubt that would happen, if the cross play thing happens. No exclusive stages or characters would be able to be added.

I think Skyloft would make a good stage. Though, so would pretty much anything in SS, let alone any Zelda game. I definitely agree with having something to represent Wind Waker HD, though. Outset Island or Windfall Island is probably the best bet.

Edit: PaRappa. They never said anything about crossplay. What Sakurai suggested was something similar to a transfer pak function. Like you can customize characters in the 3DS version and then play with them on the Wii U version too.

Edited by Super Mario

I really would love to see Clocktown as a stage choice, although the chances of that happening are slimmer than Skull Kid appearing as a playable.:/

Edit: @Mario: That doesn't mean that there won't be cross play still, just because they didn't say anything on it yet.

Edited by Parappa The Rapper

i doubt that would happen, if the cross play thing happens. No exclusive stages or characters would be able to be added.

Put in data in the Wii U/3DS games to allow exclusive stages or characters to be played.

But I'm sure people will get pissed if that ever happens.

Put in data in the Wii U/3DS games to allow exclusive stages or characters to be played.   But I'm sure people will get pissed if that ever happens.
If they took that route, then why not just have the data already in the game free to access, instead of locked unless you were playing between 3Ds and WiiU?