Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Although I'm not a fan of his response, I totally understand where's he coming from. 

I'm surprised he managed to remain patient for so long.

The Smash community is ridiculously insane. =P

I kind of agree, the comments was a little too much. I wish he played it a little bit nicer. Now he's blowing up all over the internet and people are getting pissed.

:/

Also, to continue being honest, I don't really see the point of having a move dedicated to grabbing when everyone can already grab anyway, and I apologize to anyone who is somehow offended by that.  Why not just integrate the unique qualities of Flying Slam into his normal grab mechanics and make Spike Ball his SIde B?

Because Bowser seems to be one of the few characters to be designed with a particular quirk in mind. His moveset is tailored to make him an anti-approach and anti-shield type of character. Get haphazard with approaching, and you're eating one of three things: an ftilt that comes out instantly at frame 9 with amazing range, an Fsmash if you REALLY screw up, or an invincible Up-B. Get comfortable in your shield, you're either getting grabbed regularly and get taken for a ride down the stage thanks to Bowser's unique 10 frame advantage on every non-DK character after grab release, which can lead to Ftilt, dtilt, fair, or, god forbid, another grab, or you're grabbed by Side B and get taken for a ride in the air.

Flying Slam is semi-unique in that it gives Bowser an additional option against characters in their shield, a trait only Yoshi, Wario, and Ganondorf share, and Bowser's has the best range, and safety by far. Take that away, and you're taking one of the best things Bowser's got. I'd sooner make Spike Ball his Dash Attack than remove Flying Slam.

As for the Dash Attack...well, I kind of like the idea of reinforcing the notion that Bowser is, essentially, a giant, draconic version of a Koopa Troopa, so maybe it would be cool if his Dash Attack were made into something loosely based on the Shell Toss from Paper Mario?  The Whirling Fortress is basically already that, though, so...hmm.

I got that impression of the Shell Toss from Bowser's Down Smash. retreat into the shell, go into spin-cycle, cause impressive damage if it's not DIed. And I don't see Down Smash leaving any time soon.

This, plus all of mario's moves seem to have less punch in them than they did before and his moves are a bit sluggish.

What? I'm not seeing it. Mario's moves come up and stop fast as hell for the most part and he's very easy to combo with. Ultimately that's why I'm not bothered his damage output isn't impressive because if you're good at close combat with him he's pretty dangerous.

Cumulatively, in terms of startup and lag time, Mario has the fastest moveset in the game. It's faster than Sheik's and Meta Knight's. It's hardly sluggish by any means.

Mario's movement speed and air speed, and bad range, is what hurts him.

Cumulatively, in terms of startup and lag time, Mario has the fastest moveset in the game. It's faster than Sheik's and Meta Knight's. It's hardly sluggish by any means.

Mario's movement speed and air speed, and bad range, is what hurts him.

Ah okay, I guess since I've been playing melee a bit lately I was comparing him to that (really don't know why since both games run on different speeds) so sorry about that.

What? I'm not seeing it. Mario's moves come up and stop fast as hell for the most part and he's very easy to combo with. Ultimately that's why I'm not bothered his damage output isn't impressive because if you're good at close combat with him he's pretty dangerous.

Pffft. Brawl doesn't have combos.

I kind of agree, the comments was a little too much. I wish he played it a little bit nicer. Now he's blowing up all over the internet and people are getting pissed.

:/

It's rude, yes, but I don't see why the internet would blow up over it. This is seriously nothing new for Hideki Kamiya. It's not even the most tasteless thing he's said in the past six months or so.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pffft. Brawl doesn't have combos.

Tell that to my Toon link. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's rude, yes, but I don't see why the internet would blow up over it. This is seriously nothing new for Hideki Kamiya. It's not even the most tasteless thing he's said in the past six months or so.

I kind of agree now that the fact I went through his Twitter profile. People keep saying dumb shit to him it's not even funny.

Seriously. It amazes me that there still exist people on gaming forums that haven't experienced Kamiya's twitter. Ask him the same shit over and over and he'll tell you to fuck off. 

He's actually pretty civil when people tweet him something interesting/not completely inane. For the record.

• Thumbs Up 5

Back to the discussion of third party exclusive characters from awhile back, I would actually be pretty interested in Patricia from MSF coming in either as a playable or a Assist trophy. I mean the MSF series has gained quite a fanbase. Plus as a alternate skin, she could have her costume from MSF2. Her or Layton I would LOVE to see in some form.

Edited by Parappa The Rapper
  • Thumbs Up 2

One thing I hope they rectify is the data copying. I had to replace my old Wii as my daughter broke it, and now I gotta do it all over again (it took me a while to complete the sunspace emissary on intense mode :( )

And I don't wanna have to do it again on my Wii U!

Trailer leaked out, video was found on a flash drive in a salt mine.

Sakurai has done it again

Bad CGI Shrek AND Reggie?!

My body is not ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trailer leaked out, video was found on a flash drive in a salt mine.

Sakurai has done it again

wtf-is-this-shit_640_417_s_c1_center_top

Don't play with my emotions.

I honestly don't think he'll show up tomorrow. More likely in the future.

edit: this was one of my favorite gaming announcements of all time

Edited by Autosaver

Because Bowser seems to be one of the few characters to be designed with a particular quirk in mind. His moveset is tailored to make him an anti-approach and anti-shield type of character. Get haphazard with approaching, and you're eating one of three things: an ftilt that comes out instantly at frame 9 with amazing range, an Fsmash if you REALLY screw up, or an invincible Up-B. Get comfortable in your shield, you're either getting grabbed regularly and get taken for a ride down the stage thanks to Bowser's unique 10 frame advantage on every non-DK character after grab release, which can lead to Ftilt, dtilt, fair, or, god forbid, another grab, or you're grabbed by Side B and get taken for a ride in the air.

The 10 frames of advantage rarely grants anything more than a regrab, certainly not a Fair with his awful jumpsquat. And Melee's grab releases are controllable by the victim; if your opponent holds up or presses jump near the time of release, they're in the air and you can't do anything. It's only relevant if you somehow manage to grab someone in the pit of the rock transformation of Pokemon Stadium.

And I dunno if you just don't have much of an understanding of frame data or what, but a Frame 9 F-tilt isn't "instant" by any means. Several tilts and even smashes come out faster than that. Its range isn't of particular note either, it's fairly average:

ftiltmgif.gif

@G-Force I know I'm a bit late to the party but command grabs accomplish a lot that traditional grabs do not. The main thing is that you can do it in the air; if you approach an opponent who's shielding you're able to keep them honest with an air-grab instead of being susceptible to shieldgrabs or other shield punishes. You could homogenize characters by removing air grabs, but Kirby would probably be less iconic if his neutral B wasn't Inhale.

Well the hype is still there! but now that Im not fan-gasming , lets see what we can get:

-Zelda Spirit tracks is a stage. Might indicate Toon Link is back, (were gonna get the HD re-release, so that makes it relevant I guess)

-Nintendogs stage, seems like taken directly from the 3DS game, dunno how itll play cause for now it just seems like some platforms with a dog in the BG.

-Skyloft stage, might be Links "official" stage, since he seems to have his SS outfit.

-What seems like Brawls Battlefield stage, probably the new one, but looks too similar.

-A deserted ...desert xD kind of stage, not sure where is it from.

-A NSMB themed stage, with those spikes and breakeable platforms. Probably visits other places, like Brawls Delfino Island.

-Lush forest stage, DK stage? (dunno)

-A new arena-themed stage. Maybe this is this games battlefield? Looks cool.

-Animal Crossing stage, Above the town, (like in Brawl, dunno if its returning or if its all-new)

-What seems to be the new Palutenas temple / Skyworld

-Castle Wily stage. Looks freaking nifty.

Thats it for stages.

Ill upload what I observed on characters next time xD

Am I the only one who is expecting character/stage DLC, considering both Smash Bros. games' capabilities? I guess that's the only reason why I'm not too wound up on who gets in and who is left out.

But seriously, that Megaman reveal segment was badass as hell. I'm not even a Megaman fan (although I would like to try some of the games -namely the classic ones- sometime), and I knew it was him when I saw his spiky hair as part of his silhouette. That's how you drop a bomb Ninty style.

If (or should I say WHEN) sonic is revealed, expect to see Seaside Hill as a stage. You know it's coming.