Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

It COULD happen, but Sakurai seemed to outright say the 2 versions will be different, so not all content is going to be the same. Due to the connectivity, perhaps it'll be fine.

If they took that route, then why not just have the data already in the game free to access, instead of locked unless you were playing between 3Ds and WiiU?

Exactly what I mean that people would get pissed.

On the other hand, it entices people to buy the other version. What if they made it so you unlock it after you connect to a copy wirelessly?

Exactly what I mean that people would get pissed.   On the other hand, it entices people to buy the other version. What if they made it so you unlock it after you connect to a copy wirelessly?
You still have to take into account: A. That some people don't have friends around that will have a 3DS or WiiU as well, and B. that some wont have Internet access perhaps. It just seems unfair then to make it a "only if you do this online" kind of reward.:/

You still have to take into account: A. That some people don't have friends around that will have a 3DS or WiiU as well, and B. that some wont have Internet access perhaps. It just seems unfair then to make it a "only if you do this online" kind of reward.:/

Easy. Make an optional end-game objective that if you complete it that unlocks it instead.

Edited by Autosaver

Now that seems pretty fair! It's basically like brawl then. Multiple ways to unlock characters and stages! Which I love.

I really did like how many ways you could unlock characters and bonuses in Melee and Brawl. Sakurai seems to really be big on giving players plenty of choice, and plenty to do alongside it.

If there was crossplay, they still could do exclusives I think. Like maybe have the data in both games for the stages and whatnot so you can play on say, the 3DS exclusive stage while on Wii U online, but that's the only way, or maybe you can trade or something. Basically I got Pokemon in mindset about version exclusives. However all that said I highly doubt it'll be crossplay. Aren't they made by different teams and different? I don't think it's like PS All Stars where it's the same exact game but just on the go. I'm willing to bet as far as some bonus things to unlock for connecting the two, like dumping your play coin things into the Wii U for obtaining trophies or something, but I can't really see much more than that. At best maybe you unlock a character/stage for connecting the two *shrugs.*

Of course I could be totally wrong, but that's just what seems realistic to me

*pops in* 

Swear it's like a trailer of some sort was released and I missed out. Or it seems like it from what I read on this page.

Conversation wise, I like the current 'mario tornado' move. It works way better now than it did in melee. Actually, minus the flood attack, mario is all around better in Brawl vs Melee. C. Falcon on the other hand.....his god like status from Melee was stripped from him in Brawl. As for the Link....WW topic going on. I would love for Toon Link to return like I said a few pages back. Sure it's basically a weaker carbon copy of the TP Link. But WW Link plays so much better. I wonder if Bowser or  Ganon will stay the way they are or get a more updated moveset.

Swear it's like a trailer of some sort was released and I missed out. Or it seems like it from what I read on this page.

You missed it? It's the second post on page 101.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bowser utilized a technique where he rolled into a spiky ball and barreled into his opponent in 3 games during and after Brawl's release: Galaxy, Galaxy 2 (to get up close), and BiS. I'd like to see that move get translated into his moveset in some way; it shows that his library of personal, non-Kamek aided moves is expanding alongside the Bros. It could replace Flying Slam, since that move's already a replacement for Koopa Klaw, but then Bowser's without a command grab :V. Maybe it could replace the Dash Attack, and be like a slower, much more powerful form of Sonic's Dash Attack. Anything's better than that herp-derp headbutt Bowser uses for a Dash Attack right now.

You missed it? It's the second post on page 101.

Wait, what?  *checks the post*  Oh.  Well played.

Bowser utilized a technique where he rolled into a spiky ball and barreled into his opponent in 3 games during and after Brawl's release: Galaxy, Galaxy 2 (to get up close), and BiS. I'd like to see that move get translated into his moveset in some way; it shows that his library of personal, non-Kamek aided moves is expanding alongside the Bros. It could replace Flying Slam, since that move's already a replacement for Koopa Klaw, but then Bowser's without a command grab :V. Maybe it could replace the Dash Attack, and be like a slower, much more powerful form of Sonic's Dash Attack. Anything's better than that herp-derp headbutt Bowser uses for a Dash Attack right now.

Honestly, I actually love Bowser's new Spike Ball move, and would love to see it as his Side B.  Also, to continue being honest, I don't really see the point of having a move dedicated to grabbing when everyone can already grab anyway, and I apologize to anyone who is somehow offended by that.  Why not just integrate the unique qualities of Flying Slam into his normal grab mechanics and make Spike Ball his SIde B?

As for the Dash Attack...well, I kind of like the idea of reinforcing the notion that Bowser is, essentially, a giant, draconic version of a Koopa Troopa, so maybe it would be cool if his Dash Attack were made into something loosely based on the Shell Toss from Paper Mario?  The Whirling Fortress is basically already that, though, so...hmm.

...And so, it begins.

If I'm totally honest I'm not expecting much, if any, changes to the Brawl movesets for the veteran characters. Sakurai seems very set in his ways with this kind of stuff.

Regarding console exclusive characters, I think they should just make it so they're unlocked from the start on one console, and you can unlock them on the other either by connecting up, OR by unlocking them through a more convoluted means.

For example say... Prof. Layton is a 3DS starter character, or is generally easier to unlock.  If you connect up to Wii U, you fight him to unlock him (they could even do something cool like all 3DS "exclusive" characters you have unlocked take you on at once, and all the ones you manage to KO unlock on Wii U).

If you don't have the 3DS version though, Prof. Layton unlocks after 50 hours of gameplay or something.

*starts hoping for Knuckles, and the return of meta-knight*

I swear if Professor Layton gets in as a 3rd Party character for the 3DS version, I will lose my shit. He's probably my most wanted realistic 3rd party character, and I will die so hard if he gets in. I'd be fully willing to toss Sonic and Snake just to get his analytical ass on the battlefield

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually Prof. Layton could be considered a first part character since Nintendo pulished its games outside Japan: unless they count the original versions of the games, in wich case it's indeed a third part character.

It's tricky.

All aborad then!

e1rhh.jpg?width=737&height=539

As many times I see that image, Reggie Train still cracks me up.

"My chassis is ready."

So in light of a possible Professor Layton stage. I kinda had this odd idea on how the Gamepad/Touchscreen could be implemented in the game. So what if the person using the Gamepad had the option of tapping areas on the stage to cause little actions and events. So, going with the Professor Layton example, the Gamepad player could tap on characters in the background to activate puzzle segments, where each would need to indicate an answer and would be punished/awarded accordingly. And then in other locations you could have stuff like tapping on obstacles to deactivate them, popping items out of item blocks from afar, picking the attraction to visit in Nintendoland by tapping its icon as the Attraction Train passes by, and stuff like that. I just thought it'd be a sorta cool usage of the gamepad that could add a little bit more to the game

His annoyance is totally understandable tbh, he must get that question like 400 times a day knowing how rabid the Smash community is.

*pops in*    Swear it's like a trailer of some sort was released and I missed out. Or it seems like it from what I read on this page.   Conversation wise, I like the current 'mario tornado' move. It works way better now than it did in melee. Actually, minus the flood attack.
I'm sorry but Mario is most certainly not better in Brawl than in Melee. Almost all of his moves are statistically less potent than they were in Melee, and the switch made to his Mario Tornado means he loses quite a potent recovery tool. Not to mention Melee DAir was a very useful combo tool and whilst Brawl DAir is a solid move losing two good moves for one decent one and one near terrible one is hardly a good compromise.

I'm sorry but Mario is most certainly not better in Brawl than in Melee. Almost all of his moves are statistically less potent than they were in Melee, and the switch made to his Mario Tornado means he loses quite a potent recovery tool. Not to mention Melee DAir was a very useful combo tool and whilst Brawl DAir is a solid move losing two good moves for one decent one and one near terrible one is hardly a good compromise.

This, plus all of mario's moves seem to have less punch in them than they did before and his moves are a bit sluggish.