Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Anybody willing to bet that mii's might be playable in this new game?

I would love Paper Mario rep. Honestly it'd be like worrying about Wario being another Mario clone. Paper Mario is virtually his own character and has entirely different abilities and it'd be really interesting to see him incorporated in Smash; I'd have no complaints just as long as he's considerably different.

Anybody willing to bet that mii's might be playable in this new game?

That'd actually be pretty cool. And maybe you could modify your Mii to have the moveset of an existing character, or maybe pull together various moves from various characters to make the cheapest thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

That'd actually be pretty cool. And maybe you could modify your Mii to have the moveset of an existing character, or maybe pull together various moves from various characters to make the cheapest thing ever.
that last suggestion I would save for Reggie.:P

The only character I would really like to see is Chibi-Robo, but lets face it, that is a wish that will never come true...

*sigh*

If only...

He still has more chances than Geno

Paper Mario becomes a playable character.

You cannot attack unless you pick up a sticker item.

That sticker counts for one attack and one attack only.

And the attack is based off of the sticker you pick up.

On top of that, when you waste a sticker as Paper Mario you do not keep it upon completing the match.

You're also not allowed to have fun.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Thought I'd throw together a quick Skull Kid moveset; at least, what I'd like him to be.

Skull Kid (of course, wearing Majora's Mask) would play like a combination of the actual Skull Kid, Majora's Mask, and Majora's Wrath.  He'd mainly use dark magic and his tentacle whips to fight, as well as some more unorthodox methods, mirroring the very strange game he comes from.

Standard Special - Spiked Top

Skull Kid revs a top up as you hold the Sp. button, then throws it forward when you release.  It grinds along the ground, releasing sweet, HD sparks all over the place and hitting people for low damage and knockback.  However, if someone touches the top while it charges and you let go at the right time, they'll be flung along with it, building up quite a bit of damage and throwing them in the direction the top was headed at the end.  NOTE:  The top reverses direction and loses a lot of speed if it hits a wall.

Side Special - Electric Snare

Skull Kid whips a tentacle out to his side (or diagonally up, if you hold up immediately after inputting the attack) and causes it to course with electricity.  If you manage to hit someone with the very tip of the tentacle, they'll be wrapped in it (dropping to the ground if they're in mid-air), resulting in a unique, long-distance grab.  Mash A to deliver more electricity or B to let go.  Hitting someone with any other part of the tentacle will cause simple electrical damage.  Also used to recover.

Down Special - Majora's Lament

Skull Kid busts out his signature wail, causing the air around him to be distorted with dark energy.  This pushes people away, but if you're directly next to someone (and facing them) when using it, they'll be stunned and take dark damage, similar to Mewtwo's disable (although for much less time, since you've got the added effect of pushing others away).  Can be used to edgeguard with enough skill.

Up Special - Deku Pipes

Inspired by his appearance in Twilight Princess, the Skull Kid shows his lighter-hearted side by pulling out the Deku Pipes and blowing into them as hard as he can, creating a distracting noise and propelling himself into the air like a leaf-blower jetpack.  People below him are pushed down; useful for ruining others' attempts at recovery.

Final Smash - The Final Hour

Skull Kid flies to the center of the screen, screaming at the top of his lungs as waves of purple and red energy flow over the screen.  The moon suddenly drops from the middle of the screen, impacting the stage and sending out huge waves of flame and destruction out across the ground.  The moon then explodes; anyone caught in the blast WILL die.  Hanging out in the edges of the stage and in the air near the edge will help you avoid any damage whatsoever, as the moon doesn't create as large of an explosion as you'd think.

This probably isn't very good, as I don't have an intimate knowledge of the meta or anything, but it seemed neat.

Also, pertaining to the playable Miis, I had a HUGE idea about that back on nSider, but it seems to have been deleted.  Aw well.

Basically it was Emerl but with adjustable stats like jump height and weight.

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering how Tetra would work. Obviously her character would mainly have moves involving her Swordsman skills and punches. But also things like bombs,using rope as a way to grab enemies,could work to her advantage. The final smash would either be her transforming into Zelda for a limited time, allowing her to use moves similar to Zelda in Brawl along with Light arrows.(although they wouldn't be insta killes.) , or her jumping on her pirate ship and her ordering her crew to fire the cannons at all the enemies on the screen. (Note: that if this was the choice for the Final Smash, then Tetra's down special would be her transforming into Zelda and playing similarly to Brawl. also no Light Arrows)

That's just a quick draft of what I think. It's probably not the best but eh.

Edited by Gonard

Just really asking out of curiosity... Why do so many want Skullkid to be in this game again?

I mean, I know Majora's Mask has gotten more appreciation over the years, but I just can't see or think of any way Skull Kid would be interesting. Not to mention the Skullkid wearing Majora's Mask (Which from what I can tell is the most requested one,) has only been in one game in the series.  

Though I'm guessing my curiosity has to do with my view on MM. While it is far from being a bad game, I do feel it's gotten just as overrated as OoT over the years.  

Why do so many want Skullkid to be in this game again?

Because not only is Majora's Mask the best fucking game ever made period, Majora Kid has a huge range of unique powers and perhaps one of the most "SO THERE" potential Final Smashes ever.  Not to mention that he has a childishly insane personality, something not many Nintendo villains display; he thinks killing and ruining lives is a game, which is exactly why he was about to blow the fuck out of Termina before Link turned into a dark god and stomped his ass.

You've got whips, magic, tops, masks, you name it, Skull Kid's got it.  He would be an entirely unique addition to the roster and the game would be a million times better for it, especially since we need more villains and Zelda's reps have always been especially boring.

And you just have bad opinions, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just really asking out of curiosity... Why do so many want Skullkid to be in this game again?

I mean, I know Majora's Mask has gotten more appreciation over the years, but I just can't see or think of any way Skull Kid would be interesting. Not to mention the Skullkid wearing Majora's Mask (Which from what I can tell is the most requested one,) has only been in one game in the series.  

Though I'm guessing my curiosity has to do with my view on MM. While it is far from being a bad game, I do feel it's gotten just as overrated as OoT over the years.  

His moveset seems like it holds quite some potential. I mean he's a unique character. I could see him with one of the most unique playstyles in the game,but that probably comes down to opinion and personal taste. Not to mention his AWESOME FINAL SMASH! Who doesn't want to see a giant moon come down and crush your foes?!

Oh and about that bolded part, Pit was only in one game before Brawl, and so were Ice climbers before Melee, and they still got in. So SkullKid still has a chance imo.

Edited by Gonard

Something being overrated isn't really a good argument here, if anything it's a good reason for Skull Kid to be in the game if MM is really that popular. I mean, Smash Bros. is essentially Nintendo Fan Service: The Fighting Game, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 3

What about Knuckles, we have seen him as a real brawler, and wiht the proper moveset he would blow sonic out of the water

Smash is also a fancied-up commercial for Nintendo products. All the trophies, all the fighters, they're meant to gather interest in franchises that consumers foreign to the franchise in question would not have looked at; as a personal example, I would have never gotten Path of Radiance had I not seen Ike in Brawl, and now I just gobble Fire Emblem products up. And now, trophies that depict olden games have even more of a reason to be in the game, thanks to the eShops of the 3DS and Wii U bringing them back into the open.

And there lies the issue, from what I see: unless Iwata greenlights a Majora's Mask remake, what benefit, in a business sense, does putting Skull Kid in as a fighter give to the Zelda series that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf don't already give? If Majora's Mask is not seeing the light of day again, then it and Skull Kid can suit the Nintendo history just fine as a trophy, maybe an Assist Trophy.

Or we can wait another decade, then put Skull Kid with the retro crowd tongue.png

Edited by Joshua

Smash is also a fancied-up commercial for Nintendo products. All the trophies, all the fighters, they're meant to gather interest in franchises that consumers foreign to the franchise in question would not have looked at; as a personal example, I would have never gotten Path of Radiance had I not seen Ike in Brawl, and now I just gobble Fire Emblem products up. And now, trophies that depict olden games have even more of a reason to be in the game, thanks to the eShops of the 3DS and Wii U bringing them back into the open.

And there lies the issue, from what I see: unless Iwata caves into relentless fan demand greenlights a Majora's Mask remake, what benefit, in a business sense, does putting Skull Kid in as a fighter give to the Zelda series that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf don't already give? If Majora's Mask is not seeing the light of day again, then it and Skull Kid can suit the Nintendo history just fine as a trophy, maybe an Assist Trophy.

because ROB, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, and Marth were totally moving product, amirite

• Thumbs Up 1

And there lies the issue, from what I see: unless Iwata greenlights a Majora's Mask remake, what benefit, in a business sense, does putting Skull Kid in as a fighter give to the Zelda series that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf don't already give? If Majora's Mask is not seeing the light of day again, then it and Skull Kid can suit the Nintendo history just fine as a trophy, maybe an Assist Trophy.

Super smash has A LOT of useless characters in it that never got anything out of being in the game aside from nostalgia. What makes Skull Kid any different? If anything, his presence would generate a lot of excitement after that whole tally thing.:/

@ Wario Well Pit has a excuse. With Kid icarus Uprising, they had to re-introduce him somehow.:/

Edited by Gonard

because ROB, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, and Marth were totally moving product, amirite
Didn't Pit's presence in Brawl account for KI Uprising's success?

Something being overrated isn't really a good argument here, if anything it's a good reason for Skull Kid to be in the game if MM is really that popular. I mean, Smash Bros. is essentially Nintendo Fan Service: The Fighting Game, isn't it?

Waitasec, when did I say he shouldn't be in just because he's overrated? Yes, I do kinda find MM overrated, but I don't really think anything should be ommitted just because of that. 

Well, I guess I made it seem that way by mentioning my opinion on Majora's Mask near the end. And for that, I apologize for the misunderstanding

Because not only is Majora's Mask the best fucking game ever made period, Majora Kid has a huge range of unique powers and perhaps one of the most "SO THERE" potential Final Smashes ever.  Not to mention that he has a childishly insane personality, something not many Nintendo villains display; he thinks killing and ruining lives is a game, which is exactly why he was about to blow the fuck out of Termina before Link turned into a dark god and stomped his ass.

You've got whips, magic, tops, masks, you name it, Skull Kid's got it.  He would be an entirely unique addition to the roster and the game would be a million times better for it, especially since we need more villains and Zelda's reps have always been especially boring.

His moveset seems like it holds quite some potential. I mean he's a unique character. I could see him with one of the most unique playstyles in the game,but that probably comes down to opinion and personal taste. Not to mention his AWESOME FINAL SMASH! Who doesn't want to see a giant moon come down and crush your foes?!

Oh and about that bolded part, Pit was only in one game before Brawl, and so were Ice climbers before Melee, and they still got in. So SkullKid still has a chance imo.

Fair enough. I'm all for more villainous reps in SSB, though I'd personally rather have Majora's final incarnation himself. Still, Skullkid possessed by powered down Majora could be an interesting concept, considering that's where his powers are coming from. Though I assumed Pit and Ice Climbers were in because they were part of a separate franchise altogether rather than a sequel or something... Of course, whether or not that matters up for debate, which I don't feel like partaking in... Since it's very likely I could be wrong about this.

oh and also

And you just have bad opinions, sorry.

oh feck you and your freaking hivemind, opinion, bub. Imma free thinker  :V 
Edited by Enoch

If we're talking Skull Kid movesets, I'd really like him to incorporate a bunch of stuff from Majora's Mask (the game, that is), even if he didn't ever actually use it. Like, his Up B could be Deku Link's flower helicopter. Also for the spiky tops from the Majora fight, maybe he could ride them like the Spinner from TP instead of just throwing them? And I think the way I'd have the Moon work is sort of a reverse of the Ice Climber's Final Smash; once it's activated Skull Kid can go back to attacking as normal, and the moon starts falling relatively slowly. It does no-knockback damage if you're near it (from the heat), and damage+knockback if you touch it. When it hits the ground, do an extra puff of damage to the surrounding area, have it stay there as solid but non-damaging for maybe a few seconds, and then lift back into the air.

Also we need bombchus. Maybe not as part of Skull Kid's moveset, but as an item at least.

Because he is awesome and MM is awesome. Honestly I'm well aware the chances are pretty damn low...but he's an interesting and memorable character with plenty of moveset potential, so I still want him in spite of the low chances.

Well I think adding Marth and Roy actually did serve to give Fire Emblem more exposure outside of Japan...and Pit did serve as a sort of preview/teaser for Uprising...
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ya know, with the partnership, I really think a second sonic character in smash is likely, and it could be Knuckles, as he is a brawler, and along with the glide has a number of great moves, and imagine if he used the master emerald in a final smash(or summoned perfect chaos XD)

What about Knuckles, we have seen him as a real brawler, and wiht the proper moveset he would blow sonic out of the water

But doesn't every character in the Smash bros universe (minus jigglypuff) beat sonic?

If character representations were based on fighting ability in any way whatsoever, we never would have gotten a playable Captain Falcon. Interpret that however you may.

The only other playable character that i could accept (and i want) is Fawful. Maybe Bowser Jr., but my first pic is the one that has fury and chortles.

I wonder who the next mystery Nintendo character will be in Smash Bros 4. In Melee it was G&W and in Brawl it was ROB.

...Uh, a deck of Hanafuda cards? XD Many lols will be had when the announcer shouts "HANAFUDA!"

Never going to happen ever but a very appropriate character for that purpose could be-

cn_tev_sticker_captainn.jpg

R.O.B was a super lame choice.

• Thumbs Up 7