Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Well, I doubt a Smash Bros story will be particularly heavy. Any anyway, I was under the impression a Final Fantasy writer wrote SSE?

Well, there is a similarity: the subsbace itself resembles the Void from FFV, and the fact that inglobes certain locations in a black sphere of nothingness is quite a coincidence too.

Overall, i liked SSB as a story, so i would like to see a similar plot for the next chapter; after all, it was one of the better realized crossover interaction story in a fighting game (i'm looking at you, Capcom).

Also, please, limit you nerdgasms for Kid Ikarus Uprising representation in the game: i get that it's a great and awesome game, but asking more characters and stages from that franchise when there are others who need more love (both old like Golden Sun and new like Xenoblade Chronicles) it's kind of a waste. Having assist characters: fine. Having 1-2 stages, maybe with some kind of unique interaction: fine.

Also, i think Medusa could be a decent boss fight.

Edited by Teoskaven

I liked Uprising's characterization and writing but...all of the characters were assholes, besides Pit himself and Magnus.

Like...all of them.

Viridi in particular gets on my nerves with her constant "HUMANS R BAD SO I'MMA BLOW UP FUCKING EVERYTHING" preaching.  It really seems like Pit and Hades are the only ones who care about the actual plot.

Edited by Game & Wario

Something I would like is a playable boss mode. It would be you, playing as an otherwise-unplayable boss character against one to three other players. Your goal is to knock them out before they whittle down your health bar. If Ridley can't be a regular fighter, then I would at least love to see him and other boss characters playable in such a mode. Master/Crazy Hands should also show up.

• Thumbs Up 8

You're much more likely to encounter more Metroid representation through the additional content they've done and not through old bosses. I could see them using Samus from Metroid Fusion, or even a Galactic Federation troop considering their role in Other M, instead of something from the Prime series or earlier.

Could see them designing some unique zoning gameplay with one of those two designs involving the authorization of using new abilities periodically.

Speaking of stages, if Sonic gets a new stage, it needs to be Eggmanland, Something from Sonic Colors, or any of his bases just so we can hear his hilarious banter.

On the topic of Luigi's Moveset, I think Mario could have some changes too. I wanna see some Hammer use, maybe the Hammer Throw?

Also, please, limit you nerdgasms for Kid Ikarus Uprising representation in the game: i get that it's a great and awesome game, but asking more characters and stages from that franchise when there are others who need more love (both old like Golden Sun and new like Xenoblade Chronicles) it's kind of a waste. Having assist characters: fine. Having 1-2 stages, maybe with some kind of unique interaction: fine.

Also, i think Medusa could be a decent boss fight.

I was kinda joking, I don't really want 6 Kid Icarus characters, I'd be overjoyed if we get even 2 more. I care much more about getting some Golden Sun and Xenoblade rep.

I liked Uprising's characterization and writing but...all of the characters were assholes, besides Pit himself and Magnus.

Like...all of them.

Viridi in particular gets on my nerves with her constant "HUMANS R BAD SO I'MMA BLOW UP FUCKING EVERYTHING" preaching.  It really seems like Pit and Hades are the only ones who care about the actual plot.

They're Greek gods.

If there's one thing Kid Icarus gets accurately regarding its references to Greek mythology, it's that it made all the gods complete assholes because that's exactly how Greek mythology portrayed them. I think the only odd one out is Pit who is supposedly loosely based on Eros as well as Icarus, both of whom were also assholes. The great thing about Kid Icarus: Uprising is that they were all assholes, they all hated each other and constantly wanted to fight over the dumbest power struggles, but they were all bloody hilarious and endearing while doing so. You don't get that kind of characterisation in gaming too often.

Also my heart was warmed by the fact Pit, a random angel soldier, was the only person that all the gods shared a fondness for, no matter how much they hated each other.

/kid icarus gushing

• Thumbs Up 1

I can appreciate that, to an extent, but even Palutena, whom I was doing all this runnin' and shootin' for, was like "hur hur pit ur stupid".  There was a point where I was like "Bitch, I could've whooped your ass when that stupid bug ate your soul but I fucking didn't.  Show some goddamn respect."

I dunno.  Just got on my nerves a little; there's probably some deeply-programmed reason for it.

I dunno, Hammers feel like they're more Paper Mario's thing. He brought the hammer back into the spotlight in the series, and the hammer feels more in-tune with Paper Mario's battle style than M&L/main Mario's style, in context of how I think both characters would play in Smash.

If Paper Mario is in, I can see the Hammer being used as his Side Smash attack, using the same animations as the basic hammer attack from Paper Mario TTYD. If he's not in, I can't see the Mario-series Hammer being used in any other way than the item it is now.

As for stages, the only one I really want for now is Fire Emblem Awakening's Dragon's Table stage. It's a basic level, it's a significant area in the game, and maybe a stage hazard where the Fire Emblem is seen being used in the dark Awakening ritual, and the Five Gemstones inside the Emblem shoot out magical energies just because, could possibly work, if only so we can actually see one of the damn titular Fire Emblems in a Smash game.

And plus I want an excuse to have Mastermind, Conquest (Ablaze), and Id (Purpose) in the game.

The Future Past would be a cool stage...Grima could pop up and play Dialga/Palkia every once in a while.

(also throw Don't Speak Her Name! in there)

I can appreciate that, to an extent, but even Palutena, whom I was doing all this runnin' and shootin' for, was like "hur hur pit ur stupid".  There was a point where I was like "Bitch, I could've whooped your ass when that stupid bug ate your soul but I fucking didn't.  Show some goddamn respect."

I dunno.  Just got on my nerves a little; there's probably some deeply-programmed reason for it.

This was brought up somewhere else recently but Palutena's just kind of a tease. She's selfish and hypocritical and doesn't seem to realise her errors even if she calls someone else out for doing it (i.e. she calls other gods out for fighting each other when she's just as bad) but I think she genuinely cares for Pit and he knows that (she shows ridiculous favouritism for him), so they just kind of mess around with each other for fun. She's the kind of person who ain't very good at showing her true feelings, Pit does that for her.

Also I know I said Kid Icarus will hopefully have 2 stages in SSB4 but I think Fire Emblem probably will too. A lot of Nintendo franchises have gotten substantially bigger since Brawl, and some.. feel a little smaller. For example part of me thinks Metroid will be reduced to one new stage.

So long as we still get 2 new Pokémon stages with tons of Pokémon music, I'll probably be happy there. I really don't want another "Stadium" type stage though, Coronet was such a cool stage idea so I'd like to see more actual game locations.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Future Past would be a cool stage...Grima could pop up and play Dialga/Palkia every once in a while.

(also throw Don't Speak Her Name! in there)

Not sure how viable Future Past would be for a stage, seeing how that's DLC. Then again, Castle Siege isn't even canon, so...

(Haven't forgotten about that one, but in context of Dragon's Table, that song doesn't really fit that well with it. But hey, I said the same thing about the Forest Stage from Amazing Mirror on Halberd, lawl)

Well, it's shown in a few cutscenes, and athough actually GOING there is DLC, it's one of the most important locations in the game (being as that it's the driving force behind the entire plot).

But yeah, there's probably something much better.  You know what would be beautiful as hell?  Wyvern Valley.

I found it really funny when Pittoo (who was a complete arsefuck for about half of the game) actually called all of them out on their horseshit when he wasn't in any position to do so.

As far as Kid Icarus reps go, you could just give me Pittoo.  A colorswap with different voice clips would be enough for me honestly.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Another option would be using Castle Ylisstol as a location for the whole future paste thing. Have it start off as the pleasant castle of the present with possibly some form of celebration being held, only for some kind of magic occuring that leads to the fighters being teleported to the future in which Grima is wrecking the castle's shit and the Risen have managed to infest every nook and cranny of the now ruined castle

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's shown in a few cutscenes, and athough actually GOING there is DLC, it's one of the most important locations in the game (being as that it's the driving force behind the entire plot).

Oh right, it was shown in a few cutscenes. Still, those cutscenes were about a minute long, and I doubt "apocalyptic hellscape with a zombie army and miles-tall dark dragon god trolling around" is the first thing someone thinks of for stages for the youth-friendly Smash series.

Dragon's Table shows enough to let you know that there's some intense stuff going down in Nintendo's game library, just with 100% less visible death in the background.

You know what would be beautiful as hell?

Mila Tree?

Wyvern Valley.

Oh. That too.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait to hear all dem Fire Emblem remixes though. Hell just rip the tunes from FE: Awakening and it will still sound epic!

And then there's Pokemon (Ghetsis battle remix pls). HNNNNGG.

• Thumbs Up 2

And then there's Pokemon (Ghetsis battle remix pls). HNNNNGG.

YES!! That theme is absolutely fantastic.

Speaking of Pokemon, I wonder if they'll have a Pokemon from both the 5th and 6th gen as playable characters. I doubt Pikachu and Jigglypuff are going anywhere.

Edited by canderson

I imagine Mewtwo, if he returns, will represent the 6th gen.

Odds are, 5 won't get any reps (thank God) just as 3 didn't.

Don't you be hatin' on Gen5's fantastic cast.

Pokémon's kind of a shame, it has so many amazing Smash Bros candidates but it already has tons. Personally I'm hoping for "Pokémon Trainer" to have more skins or variations based on other trainers. And they should actually have their names.

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of me really wouldn't mind seeing Jigglypuff getting replaced with Meowth. Jiggly barely has any relevance to the series now, even in the anime, that is greater than any other pokemon that randomly appears on occassion, and Meowth is far more iconic by comparison thanks to the Team Rocket member.

Speaking of which, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a human representative of the pokemon franchise playable (Not in the Red sense but as a fighter like everyone else) Looker seems like he could be a strong contendor in this, though the likelihood of this happening is pretty low unless he has a big role in X & Y. Team Rocket (Jessie, James, & Meowth) could also be cool since they did technically appear in the games and are incredibly well known thanks to the anime (but since we don't see Ash ordering Pikachu around, the chances of this is also quite slim)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure a lot of the candidates to represent the current or last gen will end up Pokeballs. I'm sure Mewtwo will return. He's to wanted to ignore and his return to the series just BEGS for Nintendo to do it.

If it wasn't for Mewtwo, i would have said that Lucario's spot would have been taken by Zoroak (since they have things in common). But yeah, i agree that Mewtwo will be back (most likely in this new form).

You're much more likely to encounter more Metroid representation through the additional content they've done and not through old bosses. I could see them using Samus from Metroid Fusion, or even a Galactic Federation troop considering their role in Other M, instead of something from the Prime series or earlier.

Could see them designing some unique zoning gameplay with one of those two designs involving the authorization of using new abilities periodically.

Wait...Fusion...They could make a special stage which mission could be  getting to the goal before SA-X gets you!

Am I the only one who found playing as Lucario kind of jarring? I know he was heavily promoted in Diamond and Pearl around their release but to me he felt out of place against the iconic reps to the series. Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo (and to a lesser extent Pichu) felt at home with the all the other Nintendo characters but Lucario never felt like that big of a deal to me. Maybe it would have sat better with me if Riley stood in the background issuing him commands ala Pokèmon trainer rather than it just being some random talking Lucario.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree. I think Lucario as a Pokemon is awesome, but I don't like to play as him much in Brawl. I was also disappointed that he replaced the amazing Mewtwo, the most iconic Legendary Pokemon eva! If Lucario isn't returning this time around (and I'm quite sure he isn't!) then I'd love to see Mewtwo again. I don't want to see Zoroark or a 6th Gen Pokemon take his place either.

Personally I think Lucario was put in Brawl just because of how popular he is and Gen IV representation, since it was new at the time.