Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Its shit like that that makes me hate dislike...guy got no talent or passion.

Its almost like he didn't even care much about his role.

Edited by Voyant

Edited by Infernal Ferno

Wait who? Roger Craig Smith is a pretty awesome guy and is plenty passionate about his work.

Edited by Chaos Rush

He once stated that it was one of his favorite roles. :I

I was talking about grif XD

Sorry when I rage I tend to misspell I'll work on that.

Anyway for someone who said it was one of his fav roles sure put a lot of Passion in his voice.

When you love something you don't fucking half ass it. Roger first performance blew Grif out the water when it came to acting and delivery...and we haven't even heard the full game yet. Isn't that reaalllly sad for someone who loves the role he playing? I hope Grif listens to Roger's acting and bows his head in shame. He did Shadow better than he did Sonic.

Edited by Voyant

Though I'm not sure which season the small clip Blue Blood posted was from, so it's possible that Griffith is just really bad at being consistent with his voices.

That was from one of the last episodes of the series, so yeah, it was inconsistent.

When you love something you don't fucking half ass it. Roger first performance blew Grif out the water when it came to acting and delivery...and we haven't even heard the full game yet. Isn't that reaalllly sad for someone who loves the role he playing? I hope grith listen to Roger acting and bows his hea in shame.

Maybe that really is all he can do with his voice?

As someone who also has a very limited voice range yet loves to do voice related stuff, I can kinda sympathize for the guy. He loves what he does, even if he doesn't have the range that the 'greats' do. And he still gets alot of voice acting gigs, which shows he's doing something right at least.

Though I agree about the acting, it's bad at times. He could improve on that.

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

From what I can gather from it all, I know that the new voice actor is such a better actor all together, and I think it will be better for Sonic in the long run of things. Hopefully for years to come and hopefully he stays with Sonic and Sega Team.

This.

Not to bust anyone's bubble, but for the people that say that RCS doesn't fit Sonic...I understand and respect your opinion. Hell this is entirely new voice there gonna be some naysayers, but I rather have Sonic sound like Wesley Snipes than bear with the fact that Sonic being voiced by someone who been half-assing everything he done so far and sounds like shit.

There a big difference between range and acting which Grif does a poor job of doing. Range can simply be overlooked if he/she can actually fucking act.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just found some info from Roger Craig Smith from someone else who went to MCM yesterday:

Heh, I met Roger Craig Smith yesterday at MCM Expo in London. He's an amazingly nice and funny guy.

Sonic-wise, he mentioned how the Sega guys warned him to prepare for e-mails after the announcement of him being the voice... Sure enough, within minutes he received hatemail telling him to die, lol.

He also said that he finds it quite constricting to play Sonic since he can't project any kind of personality and there's nowhere for him to go with it etc like he can do with other roles, since he's directed -exactly- how to play Sonic in every way.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=140945#comment-section

He also said that he finds it quite constricting to play Sonic since he can't project any kind of personality and there's nowhere for him to go with it etc like he can do with other roles, since he's directed -exactly- how to play Sonic in every way.

That sounds... hmm, certainly annoying from Roger's point of view. Compared to his other main roles, the Sonic series is certainly more light-hearted and focuses more on stereotypes than deep characters so I suppose SEGA wants to keep it that way. I do wonder what he'd be like if it was totally up to his own interpretation though.

Sonic-wise, he mentioned how the Sega guys warned him to prepare for e-mails after the announcement of him being the voice... Sure enough, within minutes he received hatemail telling him to die, lol.

Haha, poor Roger probably didn't know what he was getting himself into. :lol:

While this does sound pretty annoying for Roger, it does show that Sega knows exactly what they want Sonic to sound like, which seems like a good sign to me. I just hope this constriction (along with the hatemail) doesn't make him leave...

And that's why Sega never listens to us.

Videos for comparison:

Clear and unedited Alton Towers voice clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7M7QrKzr8&feature=player_embedded

Sonic Colours cutscene:

To be really, truly honest... I far prefer the above one...

Meh, oh well... I guess I'll deal with it... Seriously, though, SEGA actually told him to prepare for hatemail? Damn... they certainly knew what was going to happen. Of course, considering the fact that Jason got it all throughout his career as Sonic... wow...

..hah. XD Still, it's a pretty ballsy move to go to this direction.

However...that sounds incredibly annoying. But, at least, as someone said earlier, they know where they're going with it. It's just that the thought comes to mind: "OK...so...why can't you do it yourself?" whenever direction like that comes along. But, ah well. No biggie.

That's Sad...

That makes me wonder how he would make sonic sound if he wasn't so directed.

Also I wonder if the other Sonic VAs was directed the same way.

Thanks. Cool how he knows about the cutscene being revealed. I'm kind of surprised. The guy seems pretty cool.

Heres a video I recorded of Roger talking about Sonic on stage at the expo yesterday:

Wow, he seems like he really knows what he's doing. I'm glad to have him as the new voice for sure.

Keep up the good work Roger.

I hope he joins this forum and posts every once in awhile, like that Madworld writer guy. That was awesome. :D