Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

They aren't? Hm, I just figured since we've got so many Viz actors on the table now... I dunno.

ViZ just uses the same studio as the folks Jack Fletcher and co. is directing in (different staff though) [studiopolis]. But, yeah, none of the actors really work for ViZ directly. They're all freelancers.

Not that I'm not greatful for Viz, but I'd really like some Funimation VA's...*Imagines Al Elric from FMA as the voice for Tails* o3o

You are now imagining Chris Sabat as Shadow.

You haven't heard his roles outside of anime, have you? The guy has more vocal range than most folks in the LA anime industry. He's not my ideal Knuckles though. XD He's a great actor though. But, he and Crispin get type cast a lot.

But, yeah. I still think David Vincent should be Knuckles and Troy Baker be Shadow....simply cause no one has heard David Vincent outside of BlazBlue and Tales and he is pretty uncommon in the VA universe. He could probably bring Knuckles' voice in a direction that I think would make him a better character. Troy Baker on Shadow would be like the Japanese actor and David Humphrey combined. So...yeah.

Hmm... I know him from The Guyver, AKIRA 2001, Fist of the North Star, Macross Plus (Everybody was upstaged by the guy from Malcolm in the Middle in that one, lol), Perfect Blue, DOOM 3, Quake 4... And in those he was pretty much identical, I always recognised him as "the boring guy who was Agito in The Guyver", lol, but I just learned that he was Jack in MadWorld which is pretty impressive I guess. But if they hired him for Knuckles I imagine they'd make him do the exact same voice as all the ones I mentioned there, and I dunno I never really liked the SA2/Heroes 'dull' Knuckles, I always liked the SA1 one best, followed by the recent one (in the games, not the GRAAAH voice he does in Sonic X, lol), nice to have him with a bit more life.

That being said Crispin Freeman I'd probably quite like after getting used to him, I always remember him as Zelgaddis in Slayers, after taking over this guy who sounded totally different to him, haha, so he put a lot more life into Zelgaddis, I guess he could be cool for Knuckles, doing the whole SA2 deep thing but with some actual enthusiasm in there.

In all of the roles I've heard him he sounded exactly the same.

DidtantJ: I think Freeman would be pretty good.

that voice fits perfectly.

See that's the exact same voice I've heard from Crispin Freeman every time I hear him speak XD and you're right, it'd be good for Knuckles, I just like when we hear him a bit brighter and more energetic, his SA1 voice is still my favourite he's had, and I am quite fond of his most recent voice just because it's so enthusiastic.

Chris Sabat's a great actor, but I don't think he'd fit Shadow. ^^;

Hmm... I know him from The Guyver, AKIRA 2001, Fist of the North Star, Macross Plus (Everybody was upstaged by the guy from Malcolm in the Middle in that one, lol), Perfect Blue, DOOM 3, Quake 4... And in those he was pretty much identical, I always recognised him as "the boring guy who was Agito in The Guyver", lol, but I just learned that he was Jack in MadWorld which is pretty impressive I guess. But if they hired him for Knuckles I imagine they'd make him do the exact same voice as all the ones I mentioned there, and I dunno I never really liked the SA2/Heroes 'dull' Knuckles, I always liked the SA1 one best, followed by the recent one (in the games, not the GRAAAH voice he does in Sonic X, lol), nice to have him with a bit more life.

Well, he is Wolverine, Green Goblin and various other things in the Marvel Animated Universe at the moment. I dunno. He's a great actor. But, I don't think he fits Knuckles. Crispin Freeman would fit pretty well actually...though I don't think that just cause he's energetic or anything. His voice fits his attitude.

Edited by Ryusuke

As much as I love Chris Sabat, it'd feel like a bit of a waste, since we've missed the opportunity to have him act opposite Sean Schemmel in ShtH. Would that be thre greatest thing ever or what?

It would only further the whole Sonic/DBZ connection, and lord knows we have enough of that.

Imagine if Steve Blum got Shadow, it wouldn't surprise me really, he has a knack for voicing Badass characters.

I was going to suggest Steve Blum alone would save the franchise out of his sheer sex appeal, but the thought of him as Shadow is a total boner killer.

• Thumbs Up 1

See that's the exact same voice I've heard from Crispin Freeman every time I hear him speak XD and you're right, it'd be good for Knuckles, I just like when we hear him a bit brighter and more energetic, his SA1 voice is still my favourite he's had, and I am quite fond of his most recent voice just because it's so enthusiastic.

Crispin Freeman? That guy who did Kyons voice in the english Haruhi?

...............You might be on to something there.

I reckon they should've gotten someone else to do Tails voice. Somehow, a pink stalker doesn't fit the mold of a two tailed fox, imo. Now did I just describe Sakura, Amy Rose or Bret Hart? XD.

I was going to suggest Steve Blum alone would save the franchise out of his sheer sex appeal, but the thought of him as Shadow is a total boner killer.

Well it depends which side of the furry fandom your on.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm definitely definitely going to the MCM Expo now...

Any suggestions for what to get Mr Roger Craig Smith to sign, assuming the queue isn't ridiculously long and/or full of Assassin's Creed fanboys? :P

I lack Colours merch ;_;

Why don't you guys take any Wii game, or the case from any Wii game anyway, for him to sign, then when you get Sonic Colours, swap the cases around, so that you have a signed copy of Sonic Colours?

• Thumbs Up 5

Why don't you guys take any Wii game, or the case from any Wii game anyway, for him to sign, then when you get Sonic Colours, swap the cases around, so that you have a signed copy of Sonic Colours?

That's the most genius idea ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your penis

DistantJ's idea is good actually. Unless he's like Charles Martinet and signs the inlay instead of the case. Although, I'm sure if you say something he'll do it.

Or maybe your Sonic Relief shirt?

So I'm definitely definitely going to the MCM Expo now...

Any suggestions for what to get Mr Roger Craig Smith to sign, assuming the queue isn't ridiculously long and/or full of Assassin's Creed fanboys? :P

I lack Colours merch ;_;

Doctor MK, is there any way you'd be able to film your meeting with him, and ask him to give a shout out to the Sonic fans or something? Given that this is an Assassin's Creed sponsored event, it's unlikely he'll be discussing anything Sonic related otherwise. :(

Edited by Doctor MK

By the look of things, it seems that the new Sonic actors/actresses previously worked on Naruto (Sakura Haruno’s actress is now voicing Tails). It may not end up being true or not, but I will laugh by buttocks off if Shadow the Hedgehog ends up being voiced by Sasuke Uchiha’s VA (The characters are so similar in some ways).

We don't know who voices who until, let's say, Sonic Free Riders is released. Not sure, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am the master of ideas.

If you take an empty case - take the cover out etc. then he'd only have the option sign the acetate covering. I'd recommend taking a permanent marker and some sealant with you so that it doesn't smudge. CD pens might be a good idea, stuff designed for writing on smooth surfaces.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am the master of ideas.

If you take an empty case - take the cover out etc. then he'd only have the option sign the acetate covering. I'd recommend taking a permanent marker and some sealant with you so that it doesn't smudge. CD pens might be a good idea, stuff designed for writing on smooth surfaces.

Fortunately I still have a couple of empty Wii cases left over from when Nintendo used to use them for Wii Points Cards... so I shall use one of those! I shall remember to take pens also, will undoubtedly help to ake a good impression if I come prepared! :P

Seriously thanks for this idea dude! So obvious and yet I hadn't thought of it. Now I really hope I do actually get to meet the man himself! :lol:

That is actually an AMAZING idea. I hadn't even thought of that. I was too used to people signing the actual covers (like Charles Martinet signing NSMBWii sleeves), but that would be such a cool idea for getting Colours signed BEFORE ACTUALLY GETTING COLOURS. Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

@Conor MCA: I can't guarantee I am actually going to meet him, like I say it will all depend on the queue etc (that and I'm going with a friend and a group of her friends so it might be a bit awkward if I make them wait around with me for an hour or something stupid) - but if I do go I'll try and get him to do his Sonic voice and record it or something. No promises though.

Yeah, I absolutley understand. :) I was just thinking that he'd most likely be promoting AC Brotherhood, and it would've been cool for us to hear him speak his thoughts on his role as Sonic. You don't have to ask him to do the Sonic voice or anything, just more of a quick shout out to the Sonic fans. But I'm sure the place'll be heaving, so it'd be very difficult I guess.

Yeah, I absolutley understand. :) I was just thinking that he'd most likely be promoting AC Brotherhood, and it would've been cool for us to hear him speak his thoughts on his role as Sonic. You don't have to ask him to do the Sonic voice or anything, just more of a quick shout out to the Sonic fans. But I'm sure the place'll be heaving, so it'd be very difficult I guess.

I'll do my best :)

SpinDash.de says Sonic's new voice will take a lot of getting used to and is unconventional, thoughts?

(They loved Tails' new voice though. :D)

Edited by XD375

Unconventional. That's a good thing.

Great that they like the new Tails, though

Edited by Ryusuke

Cause I don't want to read the article (avoiding any spoilers and info we got since the first act of PW was shown), do any of the writers at SpinDah.de speak English as their first language? Just that voices in a language other than what you're most used to can sound odd or out of place sometimes when they sound perfectly fine to others.

Edited by Blue Blood