Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Or maybe he doesn't care.

He seems to only be promoting games he likes. So maybe he doesn't like Free Riders.

OR, he doesn't think the story was that significant, and he, and other actors did barely anything in Free Riders.

Which would be the ultimate downer, because right now that's Free Riders` main selling point, No voices=No one's gonna give a damn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79LmYvNsQQ

Talking about in other topic but you can hear Sonic and Tails's new voices inside this video.

Sonic sounds lively and cool, very fitting voice, I'm really glad how he sounds now, Roger gives him a spark.

Tails could not hear him much but it sounds good too! sounds more boyish than the previous actress which is really nice.

Edited by Aries

"AKA Sonic and Tails are holding hands" ... X3 D'AWWWWW. Ahahaha. So glad they picked Sonic and Tails to show off the tag-team element. It's just adorable.

Voices are sounding good. Wish it wasn't so hard for me to filter out the people explaining so that I could hear the in-game voice samples better. I really want to hear a good-quality piece of dialogue between Sonic and Tails (probably from Colours, although some clear snippets from Riders would work just as well) so I can get a real feel for the new voices. But I like what I hear so far.

Is it bad of me that I actually believed it for a second when they joked that kinect would constantly film you and send your pictures back to Microsoft without your permission? mellow.gif

Just when you thought it was safe to play kinect in the nude, and all that. :lol:

XD The guy who asked the question didn't seem very amused by the joke. Perhaps because it was so believable (especially in the light of Facebook's recent privacy scandals)!

Am I the only one that thinks Roger Craig Smith gives Sonic the same kind of attitude as Ryan Drummond's take on him?

Edited by Aerosol
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just watched the new video on the front page of the cut scene from Colours, I love it! I think a lot of people here will probably need to adjust to how different the voice is, it's deeper than we've ever heard Sonic before, but I love this because he's clearly not trying to impersonate any previous actors, just to create his own attitude for Sonic - I think that ever since they first started adding voices to games (and to the anime) Sonic has sounded really bizarre due to people trying to impersonate Jaleel White and getting that whole forced nasal thing. If you're looking for continuity you'll probably be gutted about how he sounds now but if you, like me, and apparently SEGA, want to see Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours as a sort of 'new beginning' for Sonic, giving him a chance to start fresh, it's as good as it possibly could have been. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait to see the story unfold!

Funny, whenever I play Ratchet & Clank I always think "they should make Sonic sound like Ratchet" (those games have fantastic voice acting, like above and beyond anything SEGA have ever done), and lo and behold, Sonic now sounds like Ratchet!

Am I the only one that thinks Roger Craig Smith gives Sonic the same kind of attitude as Ryan Drummond's take on him?

Edited by DistantJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it funny that the person who probably came closest to White's take on Sonic was Griffith when he first started on the first few eps of Sonic X. Especially in "Missile Wrist rampage" and "Cracking Knuckles."

From what I can gather from it all, I know that the new voice actor is such a better actor all together, and I think it will be better for Sonic in the long run of things. Hopefully for years to come and hopefully he stays with Sonic and Sega Team.

Roger was at the London MCM expo today and Roger talked a bit with some people about his role as Sonic. He apparently originally gave Sonic a lighter voice but SEGA asked him to do a deeper, more mature voice for him as it was important for their relaunch of Sonic and their new direction for the series since they wanted him to sound older. So the deeper voice in intentional.

Roger was at the London MCM expo today and Roger talked a bit with some people about his role as Sonic. He apparently originally gave Sonic a lighter voice but SEGA asked him to do a deeper, more mature voice for him as it was important for their relaunch of Sonic and their new direction for the series since they wanted him to sound older. So the deeper voice in intentional.

That's interesting. The unedited Alton Towers clips were a bit lighter, so I'm guessing SEGA may have listened to those over and over again and felt it wasn't right going forward.

That's interesting. The unedited Alton Towers clips were a bit lighter, so I'm guessing SEGA may have listened to those over and over again and felt it wasn't right going forward.

Crikey, he certainly sounds different in those clips. Similar, but I know what you mean by lighter. He's a lot less Griffithy now, both in voice and terrible inflections. Much improved on an already improved voice.

Huh, if that's the case, good decision on SEGA's part then. Roger's voice comes off more naturally this way.

Edited by Ryusuke

In my convo with him, he also noted that the reaction to the Alton Towers clips featuring his higher voice wasn't best recieved. I have an inkling that the deeper voice has a little bit with him wanting to improve as well as the SEGA relaunch. Nice to know he actually listens to feedback.

Edited by Jaymeister

I don't think that whole "relaunch" bit has been confirmed. It just sounded like Doctor Sonic's (the guy who talked to Roger) interpretation of it, not what Roger actually said himself.

Edited by gamerguy21

I find it funny that the person who probably came closest to White's take on Sonic was Griffith when he first started on the first few eps of Sonic X. Especially in "Missile Wrist rampage" and "Cracking Knuckles."

To be honest I hate it when Actors do that, I mean what was the point of change if they're just gonna bring in Bad Impersonations, If a new actor is called in, they should try to make the character their own, and not try to emulate someone else's success, something I think Smith is doing a great job of.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I hate it when Actors do that, I mean what was the point of change if they're just gonna bring in Bad Impersonations, If a new actor is called in, they should try to make the character their own, and not try to emulate someone else's success, something I think Smith is doing a great job of.

Skip to

You've got to be glad Griffith at least changed his Shadow voice from that.
  • Thumbs Up 1