Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

This is also from a ride, notice actual acting.

I miss Back to the Future the Ride... luckily the Simpson's ride is just as good...

And it's kind of obvious that the acting is going to be better on Back to the Future because it's:

1.) Directed by Universal Studios, a major company which Alton Towers is not.

2.) A simulator ride, which Sonic is not.

Edited by Edge

Amy is such a stereotype, that's why I LOVED the Adventure/Heroes actress. Yet most people hated her. And then a lot of other couldn't tell the difference. Ah well. Just can't wait to hear the new'ns now.

I also thought her voice fitted Amy perfectly.

I didn't mind Ortiz's Amy voice, but imo she didn't compare to Jennifer Douillard's.

I don't get why people are suddenly defending Griffith, considering that a few years ago he was a walking berserk button for most Sonic fans

I fucking love Rogers voice. It's like he knows he knows the role is silly and seems to be having as much fun with it as possible. Kind of like Bruce Campbell in the Evil Dead movies. It's a breath of fresh air to Griffith's whole "I'm only doing this shit for the money, so I'll do it in the most annoying and terrible way, possible" demeanor.

It's because Griffith started out horrible and, through practice, got better. People got used to his voice. Now they have to wait for someone else to practice and do well in the role, it seems. That's why people are defending Griffith.

It's because Griffith started out horrible and, through practice, got better. People got used to his voice. Now they have to wait for someone else to practice and do well in the role, it seems. That's why people are defending Griffith.

No, it's because Sonic fans heart.png complaining ninja.png.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm personally interested in seeing how Roger will do as the new VA for Sonic. Jason improved over time, yes, and it'll be a shame to see him go, but I'll accept this change.

On another, hopefully related note, what does everyone think of Tails' new VA; Kate Higgins?

On another, hopefully related note, what does everyone think of Tails' new VA; Kate Higgins?

I dunno. Considering we've not heard or seen any clip of Tails being voiced by her, there's not much we can do but hope that she'll do the character justice.

I dunno. Considering we've not heard or seen any clip of Tails being voiced by her, there's not much we can do but hope that she'll do the character justice.

Ah, this is very true.

I hope she'll do the character justice as well. But, even if she doesn't initially, there's always room for improvement, neh? :]

Man............He still doesn't sound as bad as Griffith.

I mean, it's still silly, but still better than "I'M SAH-NIC! SAH-NIC-THU HEG-HAWG!"

Here is an example of how they will sound, These are the new voice actors for Sonic and Tails but they are not the actual voices the voice actors will be using for the characters, however these are the new voice actors. enjoy.

Also remember this video, Now this is the actual Sonic Voice Roger Craig Smith will be using for Sonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7M7QrKzr8

Not too shabby eh? He sure has energy behind the voice, Roger is a really cool guy and a pro at voice acting hes really, really good IMO! and I wish him well.

Edited by Aries

Whew! You're right, Aries! His voice for Sonic is pretty good. Roger certainly has that energy, can't wait to hear how he sounds in-game!

Note: I say this because in annotations in that YouTube video, the person said these recordings were a few months old so his voice may sound different for the games themselves. We'll just have to wait and see though.

But from what I just heard, I got no complaints. I wish Roger and all the new voice actors the best of luck!

You can also hear him make a little "hup" sound when he switches rails.

He...

Does...

Why does Sonic sound like the announcer?

EDIT: Scratch that, the tutorial voice is diffrent than anything we've heard. Kinda girly sounding. Tails?

But right now I'm pretty convinced its Sonic jelling "Rocket!" and "SPIN!" and such.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

It definitley isn't Sonic yelling those things. The Alton towers clips sound vastly different to that voice, even the grunts we've heard from Sonic in Colours sounds different to it. Rest assured, it's just some announcer voice. ;)

Why even get an announcer voice that sounds so similar to the protagonist's to begin with? Silly Sega. >3>

Edited by Ferno

It definitley isn't Sonic yelling those things. The Alton towers clips sound vastly different to that voice, even the grunts we've heard from Sonic in Colours sounds different to it. Rest assured, it's just some announcer voice. ;)

What?

They sound disturbingly similar. If Roger has changed his Sonic voice at all, it sure as hell could be him. Not to mention it sounds very Sonicy anyways.

I don't they sound similar. I don't understand why people think they do :-/

Agreed. The announcer sounds like an adult, and Sonic's nothing like that.

Edited by Blue Blood

What?

They sound disturbingly similar. If Roger has changed his Sonic voice at all, it sure as hell could be him. Not to mention it sounds very Sonicy anyways.

The more I hear it, the more I think it's Sonic. It's not so much the pitch of his voice, but the inflections used.

I don't think it really sounds like what I think of when I hear the word "announcer."

Awesome! I often go to the MCM expo and had been wondering if it was worth going this October. It certainly seems alot more worthwhile going now!

Edited by Doctor Sοnic