Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

To be fair, DreadKnux says Sonic's voice is better than Griffith's, and so far those are the only two views on the Voice. General opinion that Tails` voice is perfect though.

To be fair, DreadKnux says Sonic's voice is better than Griffith's, and so far those are the only two views on the Voice. General opinion that Tails` voice is perfect though.

Oh? where did he say this?

http://spong.com/feature/10110214/Preview-25-Hours-into-Sonic-Colours

Couple this with new vocal talent, including Roger Craig Smith – also known for voicing Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 5 – as Sonic, and you have a presentation that appeals to both kids and adults in its delivery and humour.

It's good. It's very, very good. Anyone complaining about having the past actors come back - any of them - after hearing these new ones are deaf. Simple as that.

It's difficult to say which Alton Towers voice Roger sounds like, because... well, he doesn't really sound like either. I mean, he does, but he doesn't. It's hard to explain. The tone's all there, but in those AT videos he's clearly 'doing a Griffith' and stressing his voice to the point of sounding like a surfer with bowel problems. You don't hear any of that in Colours. No 'WOOOOOO's, no 'HEYHEY WATCH OUT FOR DR EGGMAN NOW' etc. Sounds a bit more relaxed.

Oh, and you don't hear Sonic screaming as you boost through stages, thank God. The only time you really hear his voice is if you get hit or die.

All over the Spong preview thread.

Edited by Ryusuke
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here's a clear clip of Tails voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BimKw2uK0

Skip to about 58 seconds.

I wish the guy would let him finish talking, but from what we can hear, it sounds fantastic. He sounds like....Like a boy. It's deeper than I expected, but I really like it.

We heard that quite a while back when Gamekult first put it up. I too am glad that he sounds more like a boy now :)

Oh :-/ I missed that. Or I forgot. Dx I thought we only got ones that were filmed with a camera and ones that were to short to hear.

I don't like asking for things but I really don't feel like going through 91 pages. Where can I hear this voice? Is it really as bad as my friend told me it was? She said it was really deep and didn't sound like Sonic.

Edited by AnonMystery

I don't like asking for things but I really don't feel like going through 91 pages. Where can I hear this voice? Is it really as bad as my friend told me it was? She said it was really deep and didn't sound like Sonic.

The voice your friend heard was probably from an earlier video that's a few months old, and from what I know, people have said that Roger's voice will sound different in the game itself. I don't have the video link on me though, sorry. :/

Indeed, but he's there for Assassin's Creed, not Sonic...

SEGA doesn't really do the MCM's unfortunately.

Who says you'll have to go to the expo to hear that...

AAUK, YOU TEASE

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really, Unless said Expo is this weekend coming up, by the time it happens, Free Riders will be out in the states.

You know, seeing as it comes out next Thursday

EDIT: Well derp, it IS this weekend. Well, I'm still gonna be a doubting Thomas and say we won't be getting anything til the 4th? Will I be proven wrong? Find out next time on SSMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Aquaslash

Anyone else find it odd that he doesn't list Sonic Free Riders on his recent projects?

That is weird. Maybe he just forgot.

Or maybe he doesn't care.

He seems to only be promoting games he likes. So maybe he doesn't like Free Riders.

OR, he doesn't think the story was that significant, and he, and other actors did barely anything in Free Riders.

Is there any footage of Sonic talking in Sonic Colo(u)rs? I want to hear his new voice in action other than a few grunts and the Alton hotel thing. I'm surprise Sega didn't reveal Sonic Colors opening video or whatever yet, they usually do so before the release.

I'm going to the MCM, if i can get RGC to say a line or two in his new voice, I'll record it and post it up here for your viewing pleasure. :)

Is there any footage of Sonic talking in Sonic Colo(u)rs? I want to hear his new voice in action other than a few grunts and the Alton hotel thing. I'm surprise Sega didn't reveal Sonic Colors opening video or whatever yet, they usually do so before the release.

New voice acting will be one of the selling points to the hardcore fans, so they likely won't reveal any of the cutscenes and extensive voice acting until at least Free Riders release date. If the old voice actors were in Colours and Free Riders, then we'd have probably seen/heard something.

SEGA did give us a teasing tiny sample of Sonic saying "Switch" in the U.S. and EU Sonic Free Riders trailer.

Sonic Free Riders is the less hyped of the two upcoming games, so I guess he's just plugging the more more widely available mainstream Sonic title. More chance of someone having a Wii or DS than Kinect. ;)

But yeah, I really hope SEGA release some form of cutscene from Colours soon, just to hear what Sonic sounds like in the game. Even just the first scene or something. That AAUK line may have been a tease about some sort of upcoming footage being released soon. Perhaps this Friday (seeing as that's usually when SEGA like to release videos)? Or it could just mean that we're so close to the release of Colours and Free Riders anyway, that we'll just end up hearing them then.

Or maybe he doesn't care.

He seems to only be promoting games he likes. So maybe he doesn't like Free Riders.

OR, he doesn't think the story was that significant, and he, and other actors did barely anything in Free Riders.

Or more likely he hasn't got around to it?

Are we forgetting that he's done a lot of traveling and expo shows lately?

If indeed it is him that updates the site?

Edited by Gnasher

Speaking of Free Riders, we've basically got about a week left before we find out most of the remaining cast members. Place your bets now..

Kyle Hebert and Keith Silverstein (if that one topic in the Sonic Discussion holds true) says they're in. So Hebert's probably Cubot or the Announcer on Free Riders. Keith Silverstein is probably Shadow (I don't know if you all heard him in the newest Gundam Unicorn), Jet or Storm...maybe even Orbot.

Edited by Ryusuke