Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Wondering what the Lucky Seven item does?

3_1319233076.jpg

It generates 7 random items for you to use one by one, like a triple shell. Pretty cool looking but it looks like it could be pretty overpowered.

Depending on how generous the random items are, Lucky 7 could easily be so amazing for whoever gets it, and so much pain for everyone around them. It makes me wish Mario Kart had a SSB-style item switch menu, because making 7 the only item everyone could get would be hilarious for a few races.

Edited by Ekaje

Hmm, I wonder if to balance it you don't actually know WHAT you're going to fire off out of what's circling you? So it really IS lucky. Not sure if that would just be a pain though.

It would be hilarious if you could get multiples of the same item. Imagine everyone else's rage from you having 7 blue shells circling around you. Also I will be awfully disappointed if thats the final roster and Waluigi and Bowser Jr. don't make it in.

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

It generates 7 random items for you to use one by one, like a triple shell. Pretty cool looking but it looks like it could be pretty overpowered.

Whoa, that picture looks cool! Sounds like a fun weapon to get, haha! Must be something the players way behind will get. x3

Picked up the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine. Here's their Mario Kart 7 preview:

scan0018cx.jpg

scan0019c.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans. It's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 75 December 2011.

Looks like Mario Kart 7's following in Mario Kart Wii's steps.

Mario-Kart-Wheel-Accessory-1.jpg

Hori is releasing a Nintendo 3DS Steering Wheel. Just like the Wii Wheel, you just clip it on and um... play. It will be released for around $16 and will be available in all regions on December 1st.

More images of 3DS Wheel

Mario-Kart-Wheel-Accessory-2.jpg

Mario-Kart-Wheel-Accessory-3.jpg

Mario-Kart-Wheel-Accessory-4.jpg

Well, it looks nice, but why have a steering wheel for a handheld game? Sounds stupid to me.

Edited by Nintendoga

Because you can play by tilting the system like a wheel. And lol, it's stupid. That's exactly the sort of thing you can't take with you, defeating the purpose of a portable system. Unlike the Wii wheel you've got not wristrap in case you drop it or something. It's looks pretty ridiculous too.

Edited by Blue Blood

That honestly looks like a waste of money. Sure you might be able to use it if other racers take advantage of the gyro scope feature, but that thing looks far worse than the second circle pad add on

*Looks at the picture of the 3DS Wheel*

... So much for playing with the 3D turned on!

When thinking about it, I hope the controls are better for that than it is for the Wii version. My friend got one with his Mario Kart Wii edition, and none of us or my other friends managed to actually use the thing - We played way better with just the 'mote. I don't get it!

My new Nintendo Power confirms two more playable drivers for MK7. A smaller version of that fat ass queen bee from the Mario Galaxy games and a Wiggler. =/ What's up with Mario Kart games and awful new character choices?

*obligatory whining that character X got in over Paratroopa*

Edited by MarcelloF

My new Nintendo Power confirms two more playable drivers for MK7. A smaller version of that fat ass queen bee from the Mario Galaxy games and a Wiggler. =/ What's up with Mario Kart games and awful new character choices?

Uhhh... What a tweest? [/mnight]huh.png

Well... can't really say that I care much for those choices. Still going WTF on Waluigi's absence.

Oh well. I got Yoshi, Daisy, Shy guy and Metal Mario to use. I'm good. If they were going for typical minion/ NPC characters, I would have gladly obliged to Dry Bones and Hammer Bro.

The thing that also gets me is if the Japanese website is anything to go by then these would be the final two. Unless they add more spaces or something.

http://www.nintendo....cter/index.html

Edited by Dr. Hipster YoshiUnity

A bee got in over a Gearmo?! ALL OF MY RAGE.

Also nobody cares about Wigglers. They can just go away.

There seems to be a ridiculous amount of really minor species that are playable in this game though. I'd love to see a Hammer Bro, Monty Mole, penguin, and Pianta! Not over Kamek, though.

EDIT: Welp. Didn't notice the official site only has slots for four newcomers. OH WELL. Hopefully some more pop up as unlockables or I'll just go and weep in a corner over here. ;-;

Edited by HunterTSF

I hope this isnt true, so many other characters would've been better than those two

I've been a member on these boards for a long time now. =/ I'd like to think my word is trust worthy. Queen Bee and Wiggler ARE playable characters in MK7.

I don't think he was doubting you, just saying "I hope it isn't true". Mind getting us scans/photos of the article and the Sonic Colours stuff they have? It'd be interesting to see.

There'll be more of a shitstorm over at the SMW forums over this than there is for Generations here. Imma get the popcorn. :3