Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

There's no reason for Shy Guy not to be in the series really. Who wouldn't have preferred him to Baby Daisy?

Because his dialogue is "Lol so random" ...seriously his fans are cut from the same cloth as Invader Zim fans.

I love how when people don't understand a kind of humor, it must be because it's haphazard and contextless "randomness."

There's no reason for Shy Guy not to be in the series really. Who wouldn't have preferred him to Baby Daisy?

My sister :P

Several new characters? I would have to go with.... Pauline and Luma. Pauline is the main princess in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. It's a possibility. Luma could get his own little kart and can go with Rosalina. :3

Several new characters? I would have to go with.... Pauline and Luma. Pauline is the main princess in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. It's a possibility. Luma could get his own little kart and can go with Rosalina. :3

That's a thought. Mario Galaxy introduced a bunch of new characters/ races, so any of them could be playable, really. The bees, the lumas, the cleaning robots...

Hell, I'd even take a Goomba in a kart. I don't think they've done that before, have they?

That's a thought. Mario Galaxy introduced a bunch of new characters/ races, so any of them could be playable, really. The bees, the lumas, the cleaning robots...

Hell, I'd even take a Goomba in a kart. I don't think they've done that before, have they?

For new additions I would have to go with Pauline, Mona, Fawful and Captain Syrup. Maybe Wart.

What would really blow my mind? Foreman Spike.

For new additions I would have to go with Pauline, Mona, Fawful and Captain Syrup. Maybe Wart.

Actually yeah, Captain Syrup would be a good choice. If FUNKY KONG is okay, so is she.

Edited by The Soldier

Any of these would be glorious additions

Yeah what the fuck happened to Wart? Birdo, Shy Guy and the Bobombs became important parts of the main series, so why hasn't the main villain of Mario 2SA made so much as a cameo in other games?

Mostly because he's just Bowser Lite. Who's a dream.

But then why aren't the Shy Guys, Birdo or Bob-ombs "just a dream"?

Edited by SuperStingray

But then why aren't the Shy Guys, Birdo or Bob-ombs "just a dream"?

The way I see it, some of the enemies in the dream, Mario got from his waking life in the Mushroom Kingdom and some were made up by his subconcious. Until stated otherwise, we can assume the ones that never appeared outside of Mario 2 are non-canon, including Wart, the Subcons and Subcon itself. I mean looking at it from a purely objective standpoint, Mario encountered ShyGuys as a child in the Yoshi's Island games. Though of course the expanded universe of the Paper Mario games shows Mario was sure to encounter them in life inbetween his childhood and the fated night Mario 2 takes place.

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to see some more of them return. Mario 2 was my first ever game so it holds a very special place in my heart.

Edited by JezMM

Honestly when it comes to Mario Kart characters I'm pretty happy with the cast we usually get. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi, Birdo, and Miis is a nice variety IMO. Then we're sure to get a few babies and Mario enemies too. RPG characters would be cool, but like I said the usual cast has plenty of variety to keep me happy. I'm just glad it seems Roalina is going to become a Mario Kart regular. I was afraid she was only going to be in MKWii and then phased out from future MK games.

Anyway who's planning on buying MK7 this holiday season? I know I am and I'd love to exchange some friend codes so I can play you guys online!

Yeah, I never understood why everyone loves Fawful so much, or want any of the RPG (etc) characters to appear elsewhere in the series. Those kind of titles always seem completely disconnected from other Mario games and I'd rather they stayed like that.

I'd like to see some Paper Mario characters in place of generic enemies. Like instead of Koopa Troopa we could get Koops or Kooper? And maybe Goombario or Goombella if we were to get a Goomba character. I mean we already saw the Star Sprites in 3D in some of the Mario Party games, so I think they would probably translate pretty well.

Anyway who's planning on buying MK7 this holiday season? I know I am and I'd love to exchange some friend codes so I can play you guys online!

Not that I'm a fan but for the record, Fawful's dialogue is a parody of badly translated games for the most part, not just "lol so randum XD" humour.

Yeah. Fawful also speaks strangely in the Japanese version but, the way they translate that in English is by making it an awful translation.

His translation between versions is completely different, explaining his popularity in English speaking regions vs. Japan. His leitmotif in Japan is adding the suffix -ru to every sentence almost how that Eggman translated from the early Sonic mangas would add 'yes' as a punctuation.

Or Desu. DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU. If I say it enough then I might turn Japanese.

Compare that to the English version which supplements itself on the bastardization of Engrish ( Yes, I said Engrish) and food metaphors. It's no wonder why he has became popular in his own right.