Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

They put the Bees in over Gearmos? Is not good, not good at all. Though, to be fair, it's not like I was going to race as anyone other than Bowser or Donkey Kong.

I don't think he was doubting you, just saying "I hope it isn't true". Mind getting us scans/photos of the article and the Sonic Colours stuff they have? It'd be interesting to see.

I tried but I think somethings wrong with my scanner. I don't feel like messing with it tonight so I'll try again tomorrow.

Personally, I'd have preferred Bowser Jr being in there, but I can live with having the bugs since I've grown to like them in Galaxy.

...Come to think of it, if I get it, I'd have to choose between playing a reptile and playing a bee...I'm getting deja vu for some reason.

I'm curious. What weight class do our users generally play as? I've been straight heavy since Double Dash, though it was a bit tougher in DS because of the d-pad controls.

I'm curious. What weight class do our users generally play as? I've been straight heavy since Double Dash, though it was a bit tougher in DS because of the d-pad controls.

I start out in the light class until I get the hang of the stages then I go heavy.

Edited by (((((Techno Rhymes)))))

I just play as characters I like. On MKWii I played as Rosalina a lot, so heavy I guess.

I'm so happy she's returning considering characters like Waluigi and Bowser Jr. presumably got the cut.

No Bowser Jr? Im dissapointed :/ I wanted much more characters, seriously... Metal Mario? Im happy for Rosalina and Shy Guy, but the roster is quite dissapointing. Not saying I wont enjoy the game, but they should have much more characters and better ones at that =P

I used to be a lightweight as Yoshi but when he got promoted to medium so did I. Which was just as well because I moved on to using Daisy.

I don't really pay attention to the weight classes. I just play whoever I like, which is usually Yoshi, Luigi or Toad.

Also relevant to the bee queen getting in:

Yup, same here. I don't really care for weight-class, just the characters I personally like. Koopa, Dry Bones, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Yoshi and Funky. Gonna add Shy Guy to that list now :D

Welp. SMW are reacting as I thought they would. Hoo boy...

Just need some scans and the denial part of that will just lead itself into unbridled anger. :3

Wow, the bee is a horrible choice for a character in my opinion. The penguins or the gearmos would have been so much better. Or a goomba, controlling the kart with his feet! Wiggler is pretty cool though, I guess I'll drive with him a few times when the game is released.

The Bee Queen is an awful choice. Like, the worst choice. They had to have done it on purpose. Nobody makes a choice for a playable character that bad and it be serious. The following is a list of characters who would be better suited for this game than the Honey Queen.

While I love the recent games getting recognition in long running franchises and not just relying on throwbacks, why Queen Bee? Why not Lubba? At least he was a main character and had some semblance of deeper personality to him.

Oh well... better than getting the extended cast of Donkey Kong again I guess.

Edited by JezMM

Oh well... better than getting the extended cast of Donkey Kong again I guess.

Take that back! I loved Funky being in MK Wii =(

So the new characters...

Metal Mario: The fuck? Mario with a metal skin. Parhaps the laziest route they could have gone down after Vanish Mario.

Lakitu: We already have a Lakitu with a prominent role in the series, so I don't think this was necessary.

Shy Guy: About time!

Honey Queen: A more original choice, but a shitty one. The list of better suited characters is endless.

Wiggler: Wouldn't have picked him, not complaining though.

So, is that all the characters, or is there still a chance of folk like Waluigi being it?

Ah, I'm just not a Donkey Kong fan, lol. I also found it a little annoying that DK got a third character from his spin-off franchise when we could have had Captain Syrup or Jimmy or Mona from Wario or something.

Doesn't help I don't especially like monkeys anyway. I can appreciate he was probably an awesome addition to those who grew up with Donkey Kong Country. I GUESS. I really hate Diddy Kong though.

Metal Mario is the shit and you should feel ashamed.

But did they seriously replace Waluigi by QUEEN BEE, who had to go through a major size change too ? Ugh.

I don't mind Metal Mario really. Super Mario 64 is an awesome game that deserves to get character representation. Metal Mario is the best you'll get out of that.

Not the first time he's been playable as a seperate character than Mario in a spin-off anyway. Queen Bee really is my only dissapointment here. Just such an odd choice. I mean what percentage of the fanbase really looked at her in Galaxy and thought "Man I hope she's in the next Mario Kart"? I'm willing to bet less than 1.

Edited by JezMM

I'm guessing the Bee Queen is in to add some more royalty? Ha, what a hillariously random choice.

I'd have liked to have seen Pauline make an appearance, if they were really looking to add another female to the cast. Or hell, even Mona. I mean, if DK spinoff characters can get in, why not WarioWare?

Cofirmation has broke to SMW as well as other Mario fansites, Hell hath broken loose.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Holy crap, Jimmy T is Mario Kart would be the best thing to ever grace the franchise.

Still, if Koopa's in, I'll stick with him. If not, Luigi for me!