Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Playable Shy Guy is long overdue, especially since MKDS sorta had him. The tail looks cool too.

Stop giving me these losers and give me Paratroopa!

anger.jpg

The tail looks like it swings like a bat.

I wish we'd get some battle mode info already. :/ I want to know if they got rid of the horrible ideas they implemented into the Wii versions battle mode.

Shy Guy~

also I think this is the first time we saw a Mii playable as well, really all I need now is Bowser Jr.

When did Shy Guy become so popular? I see a bunch of people acting like his inclusion is big news. He's just another Mario enemy to me. What makes him so special?

When did Shy Guy become so popular? I see a bunch of people acting like his inclusion is big news. He's just another Mario enemy to me. What makes him so special?

Shy Guy is my absolute favorite Mario enemy so I'm super excited he's playable. It's nice to see characters that haven't been fully playable like Lakitu and Shy Guy get their dues.

Edited by Teeks

There's a really interesting developer interview on the EU Nintendo Channel now. It has some new gameplay footage too, including Wuhu Island and Metal Mario and Lakitu in action.

Wuhu Island won't be a usual 3 lap race, it instead will be 1 long race around the island.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a really interesting developer interview on the EU Nintendo Channel now. It has some new gameplay footage too, including Wuhu Island and Metal Mario and Lakitu in action.

Wuhu Island won't be a usual 3 lap race, it instead will be 1 long race around the island.

I'm getting more and more excited for this game! Love all the new things Nintendo are doing. 1 lap around Wuhu island? :D

• Thumbs Up 1

So Wuhu Island has to be a bit of an extended stage for it to only get one lap, though I wonder if there'll be alternate routes or parts of the track that take you into cool places like Serpant's Pass or into the volcano

It appears the interview I was referring to has been on IGN and YouTube for about a week now.

Here you go:

well ive played the Mario kart 7 demo and its pretty sweet the first thing i noticed when i picked up the 3DS that Nintendo where using old voice clips witch is fine with me i don't know about anyone else. i liked

the customize car feature but it seemed to me really unessersey just give me any car and ill get 1st place witch i did!it was pretty neat in 3D but the game seemed really easy i could actually win a race and i suck at Mario kart! probably because it was a demo.if sonic generations wast at GAMEfest i would be playing on that

and super maria land 3D all day!sorry spyro the missions are rubbish it was very fun and i cant wait to play multilayer with my friends

Lakitu? Check. Shy Guy? Check. Now just give me a Magikoopa in the form of Kamek so I can die happy.

Now, if they wanted to be really awesome they'd include Big Bob-omb as a playable character for a change. It's always sort of irked me how Petey Piranha has received playable roles left and right since his appearance as the first boss of Super Mario Sunshine whilst Big Bob-omb has been forgotten and neglected despite serving the exact same role in Super Mario 64. He was the first first boss of Mario's 3D outings and needs more recognition, I say! Plus, dat moustache.

...he'd be better than yet another "Baby" character, at least. :P

Download play is always nice. I hope it's not as limited as Mario Kart DS' one, even if it means longer load times.

(I can understand not letting us play every track but at least give us a nicer selection so 50% of them aren't all basic go-kart "circuit" genre maps).

Oh hey, just noticed, you can click on the Lucky 7 in the items page, and it has some kind of description. Anyone here know what it says?

EDIT: Oh... forum doesn't do the ole double-post combining thing anymore while still bumping the topic... Well now I know.

Edited by JezMM

Could some kind Japanese speaking soul tell me what it says on the page about Battle mode?

Edit: Also it seems there still isn't any option in MK7 for chat via the newly announced 3DS head set. Oh Nintendo, never change with your worthless waist of space peripherals. Guess the thing is going to be doomed to be used with a few third party games and then join Wii Speak in bargain bin hell.

Edited by speedfreak

Wow. Waluigi is not seen on the character select screen anywhere at all unless he's relegated as an unlockable again - Rosalina however is not an unlockable which is strange.

Call me a bit disappointed if the Purple Pest not in the game. I find this unusual that his course is in the game, though if this is the case.

Edited by Kintobor