Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Oh yeah. Just so every one knows, Retro Studios is only helping out here and there with certain tracks.The usual team is still in charged on making this game.

Also, I think someone on Neogaf pointed out the Lakitu driving has a red shell. The green shell one will still hold the flag.

Edited by 504 YoshiUnity Time-Out

Mario Kart 7 to feature several new characters

http://www.officialn...new-characters/

Please, please let one of the new characters be Kamek (or Kammy, but I'm completely aware of how unlikely that is). Lakitu but no Kamek would just be unimaginably cruel.

The Koopalings would be cool too, but I don't think they'd use eight seven character slots on them and it'd be really weird to not include them all.

Edited by Octarine

?

Not sure what you mean. There are no similar products to Starfox 64 3D on the market now that they would need to worry about causing confusion over. Starfox Command stopped selling a LONG time ago, and besides it's called Starfox Command not Starfox DS. Starfox 64 is on a completely different system that you haven't been able to buy games for at retail for in many, many years. There was no need to worry about causing confusion with Starfox 64 3D where Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 3DS sound way to similar. Especially since Nintendo want to shake the stigma that 3DS isn't just an updated DS, it's a new system.

I know it's on a different system and all that, but I still don't see how much better it is to call a game "Star Fox 64 3D". It does not conflict with anything on the current remake, and it is a remake, but it still sounds both way too much and quite silly to me.

Please, please let one of the new characters be Kamek (or Kammy, but I'm completely aware of how unlikely that is). Lakitu but no Kamek would just be unimaginably cruel.

The Koopalings would be cool too, but I don't think they'd use eight seven character slots on them and it'd be really weird to not include them all.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 4

So I finally spotted the Comet Observatory level you were talking about Kintobor. Unfortunately it only appears in the background of one of the tracks instead of being a track itself. It's in the video you linked on the last page at around the 50 second mark. Here's the video again though.

You can also see some planetoids floating around, which is pretty cool too!

I like how they included a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage in this. I also noticed a few retro courses making a comeback in the game as well (Such as Maple Treeway from Mario Kart Wii). And the Fire Flower as an item? About freaking time! Sure, Mario and Luigi can use fireballs in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, but this is the first time that the Fire Flower appeared as an item in a Mario Kart game (I think, but I'm still unsure on that).

Totally indifferent to Mario Kart as a series, played them all except the GBA one, only owned the DS one because a friend gifted it to me ( best one I played I admit ) ...came into this thread. Suddenly want this almost as much as I want Super Mario 3D Land.

It'd be nice if they'd let characters from the RPG games, the American Super Mario Bros. 2, Warioware (Why not, we got characters from Donkey Kong and the babies from the Yoshi games ), and the final boss of Super Mario Land out of their respective games, but I guess I can live without them. Still...Dribble and Spitz not being in Double Dash is the worst mistake they made.

Edited by Lando The Bat

It'd be nice if they'd let characters from the RPG games, the American Super Mario Bros. 2, Warioware (Why not, we got characters from Donkey Kong and the babies from the Yoshi games ), and the final boss of Super Mario Land out of their respective games, but I guess I can live without them. Still...Dribble and Spitz not being in Double Dash is the worst mistake they made.

There are other pairs I think would fit in Double Dash before Dribble and Spitz. They're really not that prominent in the Mario universe as a whole. They might have made sense in Superstar Baseball where almost everyone in the franchise was playable, but I don't think the WarioWare arc is that strongly tied to the main Mario continuity. If any of them were to appear in this game, it would be Jimmy T. or Mona at best.

But I also wouldn't mind more nods to the Mario RPG games. If it had to be anyone, I'd vote for Fawful; he's already overqualified in the department of fury-have.

At this point, Fawful would have enough appearances to warrant a playable role in the games. Though I wonder whether he would speak gibberish (like he does in the games) or actually say things.

At this point, Fawful would have enough appearances to warrant a playable role in the games. Though I wonder whether he would speak gibberish (like he does in the games) or actually say things.

Well, he does have many things to say, with his fury and chortles...and weird pattern of speech.

His personal powerup would be the Mustard of Your Doom!

Now that I think about it, Fawful sounds a lot like an Invader Zim character.

He's also dead, which means his appearances in story are limited to solely Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. :/

He's also dead, which means his appearances in story are limited to solely Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. :/

Dry Bowser

Baby Mario

Metal Mario

uh

if anything, they could just say he mysteriously reappeared or something.

But I see him better in the next Mario Strikers.

Fawful's a terrible, overrated character though. I'd rather waste a roster space on something like Baby DK he's so bad.

Yeah, I never understood why everyone loves Fawful so much, or want any of the RPG (etc) characters to appear elsewhere in the series. Those kind of titles always seem completely disconnected from other Mario games and I'd rather they stayed like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

It took them HOW many years to put in the fireball item?

Also I lol at how this game will screw up many Mario Kart veterans, because the main thing you never do is go near the water.

But wait a minute, if Lakitu is playable, then who will be my hero who pulls me out when I fall in the Wat- Oh yeah I forgot...

That's still a legit question, cuz there's always stages like Rainbow Road!! DA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On that note I always thought when technology was good enough, it'd be amazing if the Rainbow Road texture (since the rainbowness has been handled differently every game) was kind of like a mixed up oil paint rainbow pattern that ripples and morphs as you drive over it.

Funky Kong is awesome man, deal with it. With that said, King K. Rool maybe?

Funky Kong is like Donkey Kong with a Poochi makeover. Donkey Kong is cool, Diddy is cool, K. Rool would be cool, but Poochi can beat it..

The Lakitus are obviously the ones in NSMBW

The green one is the nice one that gives you coins along with saving you from potentially fatal falls

and the red one is the asshole that tries to fuck you up the butt with his Spinies

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I never understood why everyone loves Fawful so much,

Because his dialogue is "Lol so random" ...seriously his fans are cut from the same cloth as Invader Zim fans.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Because his dialogue is "Lol so random" ...seriously his fans are cut from the same cloth as Invader Zim fans.

• Thumbs Up 1