Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Cofirmation has broke to SMW as well as other Mario fansites, Hell hath broken loose.

You keep saying these things, but never post a link. I wanna see this. D:

You keep saying these things, but never post a link. I wanna see this. D:

Fine. I'll start you off at the beginning of the saga. I'm Kat-Rin Koopa on there.

Whee drama.

Fine. I'll start you off at the beginning of the saga. I'm Kat-Rin Koopa on there.

Whee drama.

LOLOLOL EDIT: Whoops, no screens for them yet, well on that page...

But still.

Edited by Xenos

Honey Queen is a playable character? Wow, that's... a pretty terrible choice. I get that it's cool to have weird and obscure characters from the franchise making the cut, but who on earth wants her?! Metal Mario I can understand because he's a cult favourite and he does look pretty bad-ass, heck I'll even tolerate Wiggler (though he's far from the characters I would have picked)... but Honey Queen? Especially if she's in over the likes of Waluigi, then my thoughts are as follows - "dear oh dear".

Oh well, Rosalina's made the roster, and that's all that matters to me :P

Honey Queen was an awful choice no matter how you look at it, though we probably should've seen it coming with all of the bee based things going around (Bee Kart, Bee based battle course) Wiggler however is in a way understandable seeing as he was playable in both Power Tennis and Super sluggers, but honestly I'd think that a few other characters could've been chosen instead. Metal Mario was both exciting and dissapointing seeing as he is a blatant recolor, but at the same time I loved him. Lakitu overall is my favorite newcomer, I always thought it'd be amazing to play as him.

Also is there going to be a split in accordance to weight class in this game, because there would be too many characters in one weight class, which would imply that there will be more unlockable returning characters (Waluigi and Bowser Jr. please)

Wait.. You could play Wiggler in Power Tennis? blink.png

Honey Queen is a playable character? Wow, that's... a pretty terrible choice. I get that it's cool to have weird and obscure characters from the franchise making the cut, but who on earth wants her?! Metal Mario I can understand because he's a cult favourite and he does look pretty bad-ass, heck I'll even tolerate Wiggler (though he's far from the characters I would have picked)... but Honey Queen? Especially if she's in over the likes of Waluigi, then my thoughts are as follows - "dear oh dear".

Oh well, Rosalina's made the roster, and that's all that matters to me tongue.png

Metal Mario is popular? ... Why?

Yeah, Wiggler is one of the last unlockables in Mario Power Tennis. He's defensive type. I kind of expect him to be heavy in Mario Kart 7 but, maybe he's middleweight.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

It's Mario... but he's metal.

What's not to like? :P

/notactuallysureifhe'sacultfavouritebutiknowpeoplelikehim

Wait.. You could play Wiggler in Power Tennis? blink.png

Yep

and I think its because Metal Mario is a boss in the Classic modes of Super Smash Brothers and Super Smash Brothers Melee

Also Im still a tad skeptical about the whole weight-class thing in this game

I just find it hard to believe that Bowser Jr. and Waluigi might not be in it. Honestly if they were going to go with a smaller cast I'd rather they stuck with all the fan favorites instead of shit like the dumb fat bee.

In the end the most important characters to me made the cut (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Yoshi, Toad, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina) so I'm fine with the playable roster even if there aren't any more.

Wish we'd finally get some battle mode info though. I'm dieing to know if it's going to be countless hours of crazy fun again, or horrible trash like MKWii was. =/

Yep

and I think its because Metal Mario is a boss in the Classic modes of Super Smash Brothers and Super Smash Brothers Melee

Also Im still a tad skeptical about the whole weight-class thing in this game

I don't begrudge anybody who likes Metal Mario, it's cool if you do. But I think characters whom are the same exact character as another should not be playable. Metal Mario is Mario. Dry Bowser is Bowser. Shadow Mario is Bowser Jr. Yet all of these characters have been playable in the same game as their original counterpart. It's lazy and a waste of a character slot.

I'm indifferent about the Babies. They are the same characters, but at least they aren't the same size and Partners in Time pretty much exists just to explain all that madness.

Regardless, I hope this isn't the final roster. Although my main, Toad, is always playable, I'd sorely miss new old-stand bys like Waluigi, Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.

Didn't someone somewhere confirm that there will be more items outside of the ones confirmed now, because if so then there still may be a chance for more characters, seeing as there are no question mark spots on the item page

So question, since DLC is coming to the eshop in the next update, can we expect some more characters being made available in DLC?

Edited by Nintendoga

So question, since DLC is coming to the eshop in the next update, can we expect some more characters being made available in DLC?

I'd love for this to be the case. Well, actually I'd rather have them from the get go, but Nintendo would be silly not to include DLC.

If their recent stance on DLC is any indication, I'd expect something. It'd probably be more than characters, though. Maybe characters and track packs.

Well, of course. I wasn't expecting those be all of the characters anyway. It seemed kind of obvious to me :/

I kind of figured that they wouldn't reveal every character pre-release, but after Mario Kart DS' disappointingly small cast and the lack of new character spaces on the Japanese site, I got kind of scared.

I really hope this Mario Kart will be good. Mario Kart Wii really let me down. The drifting felt to much like it was holding your hand with 0 skill required and the A.I was god awful in 150cc in my opinion. Really killed my experance with the game.

I really hope this Mario Kart will be good. Mario Kart Wii really let me down. The drifting felt to much like it was holding your hand with 0 skill required and the A.I was god awful in 150cc in my opinion. Really killed my experance with the game.

I feel the same. MK kinda died for me after MKDS. DS was so awesome, given the online could have been better but I mainly played with only friends anyway so I didn't come across glitchers, hackers and etc. I like Mario Kart Wii and all, but it was TOO crazy in my opinion. Too many items one screen at once, there was no point in being in 1st since you'll most likely get knocked back down to 11th on the last lap, controls were stupid easy etc. etc. Not to mention on online races there was never truly a "winner" you only accumulated points which killed it for me.

Idk... maybe I loved MKDS so much because it was one of my first online/DS games...

I feel the same. MK kinda died for me after MKDS. DS was so awesome, given the online could have been better but I mainly played with only friends anyway so I didn't come across glitchers, hackers and etc. I like Mario Kart Wii and all, but it was TOO crazy in my opinion. Too many items one screen at once, there was no point in being in 1st since you'll most likely get knocked back down to 11th on the last lap, controls were stupid easy etc. etc. Not to mention on online races there was never truly a "winner" you only accumulated points which killed it for me.

Idk... maybe I loved MKDS so much because it was one of my first online/DS games...

Edited by BlueEagle21