Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

No Waluigi?

You're joking Nintendo, right? Good one, you almost had me. He's been in every damn karting game since Double Dash and he has no other place to go...

If we are going to include Metal Mario and Queen Bee we should get an underrated character with a popular fanbase. I mean why include the track when you don't have the character, right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Wario will avenge your name!

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who didn't really care about the Battle Mode changes? Even before the Wii literation, I always found them to be iterm spam-fests, which were fun, but nothing special.

Am I the only one who didn't really care about the Battle Mode changes? Even before the Wii literation, I always found them to be iterm spam-fests, which were fun, but nothing special.

There'll be others in your boat too, but the changes are incomprehensible. It forces certain settings upon the player (for example, Teams were optional in MKDS) and in doing so changes the entire nature battles.

Did the wingless Blue Shell normally do this? @0:20

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUj3KzMJhU

Not that I recall. The wingless blue shell is acting more like a winged blue shell. Regular blue shells from Mario 64 also have the ability to take out players in front of you along the way to the person in first place.

However there is no blast radius with this new shell, which can be a bit of a double-edged sword.

Complete track list.

Shell Cup

• N64 Luigi Raceway
  • GBA Bowser Castle 1
  • Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • DS Luigi’s Mansion

Banana Cup
    • N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
    • SNES Mario Circuit 2
    • Wii Coconut Mall
    • DS Waluigi Pinball

Leaf Cup
      • N64 Kalimari Desert
      • DS DK Pass
      • GCN Daisy Cruiser
      • Wii Maple Treeway

Lightning Cup
        • Wii Koopa Cape
        • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
        • DS Airship Fortress
        • SNES Rainbow Road

Flower Cup
          • Wuhu Loop 1
          • Mario Circuit
          • Music Park
          • Rock Rock Mountain

Mushroom Cup

Some really great returning tracks in there. Also I've thought on the battle mode thing a bit and it might not be perfect since it's still timed but at least teams are gone. I won't enjoy it like classic battle mode but it's sure to be better then MKWii.

[*]Toad Circuit

[*]Daisy Hills

[*]Cheep-Cheep Lagoon

[*]Shy Guy Bazaar

Star Cup

[*]Piranha Plant Slide

[*]Wario Shipyard

[*]Neo Bowser City

[*]Maka Wuhu

Special Cup

[*]DK Jungle

[*]Rosalina’s Ice World

[*]Bowser’s Castle

[*]Rainbow Road

Battle Stages

[*]GBA Battle Course 1

[*]N64 Big Doughnut

[*]DS Palm Shore

[*]Honeybee Hive

[*]Sherbet Rink

[*]Wuhu Town

No freakin' idea. I really do hope it slams through other racers but, now it just looks like it's an even more focused 1st place terminator. It doesn't even explode anymore.

The Blue shell did explode though. Also if they were still going to make it fly they should have kept the wings. It looks cooler with them.

Edited by speedfreak

The explosion isn't as big as it was, which means pretty much number 1 is the only one ever going to be hit by it anymore. At least the one in Wii had a big dome explosion that generally took out number 2 if he was nearby.

What's the point of the Wingless Blue Shell if it does the same thing as the Winged Version?

I think it just zooms along the track, and then hits the lead racer in style. If it flies all the time then well, they've cosmetically fixed the problem. Ugh...

The explosion isn't as big as it was, which means pretty much number 1 is the only one ever going to be hit by it anymore. At least the one in Wii had a big dome explosion that generally took out number 2 if he was nearby.

All. The. time.

I think it just zooms along the track, and then hits the lead racer in style. If it flies all the time then well, they've cosmetically fixed the problem. Ugh...

...Remember Mario Kart 64? I miss those days.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Remember Mario Kart 64? I miss those days.

The days where CPUs only got stars, green shells and bananas, but would teleport to catch up with you? I remember those fair ol' days vividly.

I noticed that the Blue Shell does indeed fly

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYQh4sQoss

@0:13

Okay, so the guys in charge clearly thought everyone had a problem only with the way blue spiky thing looked, and completely failed to realise that really it's the way that it's broken that's causing a problem.

Edited by Blue Blood

So they changed the name from Wario's Galleon to Wario's Shipyard?

Awww, that first name brought back some DK2 memories.

Also Nintendo promoted this game at the LA Auto show with two custom electric karts:

Edited by Kintobor

The new Rainbow Road looks amazing! It might be my favorite Rainbow Road yet.

Edit: I just read some impressions that said the Blue Shell does indeed go along the ground hitting anyone in the way until it reaches the person in first and then it flies into the air and dive bombs them. Also I watched a video earlier and the explosion does seem about the size of the explosion from MKWii.

So if true, Blue Shell redeemed?

Edited by speedfreak

Star Cup would have to be my favorite. Neo Bowser City is brought to you by Eggman Industries ( my god, it could pass for an Eggman level.)

Edited by Kintobor

The new Rainbow Road looks amazing! It might be my favorite Rainbow Road yet.

Edit: I just read some impressions that said the Blue Shell does indeed go along the ground hitting anyone in the way until it reaches the person in first and then it flies into the air and dive bombs them. Also I watched a video earlier and the explosion does seem about the size of the explosion from MKWii.

So if true, Blue Shell redeemed?

Blue Shell redeemed when it no longer exists, or at least when it targets every racer in front of you. Sorry, but if I'm in first place and doing really well then the person in last place shouldn't be able to target just me. Heck, it's not even going to help them.

Blue Shell redeemed when it no longer exists, or at least when it targets every racer in front of you. Sorry, but if I'm in first place and doing really well then the person in last place shouldn't be able to target just me. Heck, it's not even going to help them.

I wouldn't mind it if it was actually rare. I can't stand it when it shows up 5+ times a race though. At least it's better in MK7.