Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Also, I think 8 player races are more than enough, 12 is a bit excessive especially for a item/weapon based racer

Mmh, so more characters than what we have already ?

So the unlockables will be added on the website after the release, separately from the "normal" ones.

That meant twice as many characters for MKDS and MKW. Oo

YES! I was gonna get this anyways but the lack of Bowser Jr was saddening me, hopefully this means we will be getting him and Waluigi for sure, hoping for some other epic characters, I know its not the roster that makes the game but the actual... game (lol), physics, tracks and features that make a great game, but hey if its gonna be epic already why not have more characters? xD I wish Dry bones still gets there somehow! Ah well Im happy :) but still...

WHO THE HELL EVER WANTED QUEEN BEE! >:o

...Okay besides Lando.... lol I keed.

Although I actually prefer Queen bee over Metal Mario, WTF? why not make it an alternate skin or something, its not even a character! >.< Any news on this game?

Although I actually prefer Queen bee over Metal Mario, WTF? why not make it an alternate skin or something, its not even a character! >.< Any news on this game?

Apparently he's been playable in other games too. I was totally surprised when I read that. The Metal Cap should just be an item that temporarily increases your weight, thus making underwater controls easier and giving you the ability to knock others around more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Son, I am disapoint. Metal Mario is the shit.

It's like if Super Sonic was its own separate character in the next Sonic Riders.

Son, I am disapoint. Metal Mario is the shit.

It's like if Super Sonic was its own separate character in the next Sonic Riders.

It's sacrificing both the potential of a power-up and more interesting character for the sake of a skin. Kinda lame really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I freaking love Metal Mario, not so much as a character, but more of the awesome power-up that he was. It's true that he was playable in other games. (Mario Golf 64 and - I believe - Dr. Mario 64) Plus I love how awesome it was fighting him, or metal variations of the other characters, in the Super Smash Bros. series. I guess with how much people loved him in whatever he appeared in, Nintendo thought it was cool to give him more of a playable character roll in some parts.

That being said, as much as I'm looking forward to playing as him, I'd prefer a Metal cap power-up. I mean, he's an awesome clone, but still that placement could have gone to some one else. And since he's playable in this racing game, I don't think we'll get any of this...

this...

...or the melee mix. The songs that plays whenever he pops up really added to how awesome he was. Unless there's a track for him, I don't think I'll be hearing anything like that.

As for the Honey Queen - I don't hate her, I'm just not really excited for her. Also everytime I see her, I think about her Star Piece mission. I had a whole semester dedicated to imagery in high school, so intentional or not, that moment sort of brings out my inner Nicolas Cage.

Edited by Dr. Hipster YoshiUnity

Indeed the metal cap would be a nice item!

Speaking of queen bee and wiggler....

NEW FOOTAGE! :D

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=165505

You can see Queen Bee, Wiggler, Rosalina, Shy Guy and more in the second vid!

Interesting notes:

-Wiggler gets a flower instead of a glider <33 (or maybe its just a "changeable" part that you can apply to any kart? )

I have been slow on the track news, so I dont know if theres new tracks there, but I love what I see.

This is the list of battle levels according to Super Mario Wiki.

New

Honey Bee House

Sherbet Rink

Wuhu Town

Retro

N64 Big Donut

GBA Battle Course 1

DS Palm Shore

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7

Big Donut was the worst map in Mario Kart 64. :/ They should have had Block fort again or at least Double Decker.

The GBA Battle Course 1 is cool. It's kind of like one of the maps from the original Mario Kart. 220px-MK7-screenshots-7.jpg

DS Palm Shore is another level I didn't care for. I don't really like the levels that are just big open spaces where everyone just drives around spamming whatever item they get. There's no strategy involved in those types of levels IMO.

I really hope the new maps are really good because the retro maps are REALLY disappointing IMO.

Also anyone notice in the trailer dabbido posted that Rosalina doesn't have a Luma with her anymore like she did in the Wii MK? I guess they got rid of it because it takes up too much space on the small 3DS screen?

Edited by speedfreak

They should have that pipe works stage from Double Dash, or Luigi's Mansion.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

They should have that pipe works stage from Double Dash, or Luigi's Mansion.

I beleive Luigi's Mansion was confirmed.

The one for the DS yea it was shown in a pic or one of the early trailers I saw.

Also, I agree 8 is good enough ( was actually expecting 4 again cause its a handheld, 8 is great : D )

If it was 12, they would have widen the tracks like in Wii @_@ to much chaos and items being un fair and not balanced.

The one for the DS yea it was shown in a pic or one of the early trailers I saw.

Hero of Fate was talking about the battle map for Luigi's mansion, not the racing map. The racing map is confirmed but the battle map is not coming back.

Also I have to agree with him. Luigi's mansion would have been a much better choice then Palm Shore. They just picked some really crappy retro battle maps.

Wow, only 6 battle maps, after we got 8 in DS and 10 in Wii? That is lame. D=

I mean I'm not a huge fan of Battle but... still, sucks for those who are.

New Mario Kart 7 video shows new characters

Metal Mario, Lakitu, Honey Queen and Wiggler star in Mario Kart 7 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VoSf6sLTPU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.officialn...new-characters/

Still not keen on Wiggler and Honey Queen's additions.