Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

I am rather curious as to what level of involvement Retro has in this...I'm all but certain the underwater and parasail mechanics are their ideas, but surely they could be used for so much more than that.

More Mario Kart news! Metal Mario is a playable character, More Weapons, Wingless Blue Shell Returns!

http://www.gonintend...story&id=161151

- StreetPass will automatically exchange ghost data with other players

- use that data to identify those same players online

- it seems that Metal Mario is not that way because of a power up, as he's actually a character option

- power-ups/items as revealed in the trailer

Bomb

Fire Flower

Red Shell (x3)

Green Shell (x3)

Mushroom (x3)

Banana (x3)

Blue Shell (Spiked, no wings)

Lightning

Bullet Bill

Blooper

Leaf

Seven

blue.jpg

FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! 8U

And I hope the winged counterpart burns in hell. Also, no one spotted the thundercloud so that's a plus. Also, I'm definitely using Metal Mario. I usually hate it when shameless clones are playable, but Metal Mario is one of those exceptions to me. I wonder what the seven does. Probably a special move?

Also, Waluigi Pinball. Now I HAVE to get this game!

Edited by YoshiUnity '06
  • Thumbs Up 1

Metal Mario is such a waste of a character.

I saw the pic of Metal Mario and assumed that it was a power up, and using it would dramatically increase your kart's weight. That would've been alright, wouldn't it?

OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE NEW BRAWL

CLONES, CLONES EVERYWHERE

I'm expecting Dr. Mario as well.

Don't forget the best new character ever. Tanooki Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

...What the hell does a 7 do? Also, blue shell is back to not flying and ruining your shit. Good.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

...What the hell does a 7 do? Also, blue shell is back to not flying and ruining your shit. Good.

Edited by YoshiUnity '06
  • Thumbs Up 9

As long as the wingless blue shell merely makes you skid out as it used to rather than thrusting you into a fiery blue plume of unforgiveness and despair, I'll be happy.

I don't know, but I'm curious. The number 7 can do some sick shit. Ever heard of what it did to 9?

Lol'd.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they purposely named the game MK7 instead of MK3DS, because of this "7" item..

I saw the pic of Metal Mario and assumed that it was a power up, and using it would dramatically increase your kart's weight. That would've been alright, wouldn't it?

Oh, yeah definitely. But as his own character? No... If we get recolors, then I atleast want Paratroopa back :V

Release dates

EU: December 2nd

http://www.nintendo....lour_44787.html

US: December 4th

http://www.nintendo....kP5ESn3QOUHqyOq

US box art:

_tZdAu656Cr1VAveiTot43Dmyd6aJnpE.jpg

Nintendo is one step close to bringing back backgrounds to MK boxarts. Now the sky is just missing laugh.png

Boxart is better than MKDS and MKWii, but is still looking empty with only half a BG.

Now please, PLEASE, PLEASE fix battle mode Nintendo! It was awful in MKWii! No more timed and teams only bullshit, it needs to at least have an elimination option and single player option.

Boxart is better than MKDS and MKWii, but is still looking empty with only half a BG.

Timed and teams are absolutely great... as secondary options to the default, original methods.

I don't mind if they keep the MKWii rules as an option. I just want to be able to play by original Mario Kart battle mode rules. MKWii is my least played MK because the battle mode just wasn't fun to me. It was too crowded and respawning just felt wrong to me.

Edited by speedfreak

Nah, I think they didn't want to name it Mario Kart 3DS because it sounds WAY to similar to Mario Kart DS. They must be starting to learn their lesson when it comes to making actual new products stand out.

Star Fox 64 3D, released under a week ago? Though I am glad if they finally did start thinking less cheap like that. :P

Mario Kart 7 looks smexy. I also always loved flying, thus profit.

Star Fox 64 3D, released under a week ago? Though I am glad if they finally did start thinking less cheap like that. tongue.png

?

Not sure what you mean. There are no similar products to Starfox 64 3D on the market now that they would need to worry about causing confusion over. Starfox Command stopped selling a LONG time ago, and besides it's called Starfox Command not Starfox DS. Starfox 64 is on a completely different system that you haven't been able to buy games for at retail for in many, many years. There was no need to worry about causing confusion with Starfox 64 3D where Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 3DS sound way to similar. Especially since Nintendo want to shake the stigma that 3DS isn't just an updated DS, it's a new system.

It looks much better even with that basic sky. But it still looks kinda empty. Not bad though.

Edited by Blue Blood

>Playable Lakitu

>Rosalina Returns

>WALUIGI FUCKING PINBALL

>Being made by Retro Studios

This game, why are you not mine yet? D:

It took them HOW many years to put in the fireball item?

Also I lol at how this game will screw up many Mario Kart veterans, because the main thing you never do is go near the water.

But wait a minute, if Lakitu is playable, then who will be my hero who pulls me out when I fall in the Wat- Oh yeah I forgot...