Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

Confirmed by Xbox's Major Nelson:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/31/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-aug-31.aspx

15th September it is :D No word on PSN yet.

See guys? This is what I meant in the Sonic 4 topics. Downloadable games don't get their release dates announced until about 2 weeks before release. *shot for being a smarty pants* :lol:

Confirmed by Xbox's Major Nelson:

http://majornelson.c...ace-aug-31.aspx

15th September it is :D No word on PSN yet.

See guys? This is what I meant in the Sonic 4 topics. Downloadable games don't get their release dates announced until about 2 weeks before release. *shot for being a smarty pants* :lol:

So Dr.Eggman and I was not far of the release date [in Sonic 4 release date topic] cool XD. It's nice to see SA1 being released on the Xbox (and PS3) finally after waiting for sometime now and a bargain aswell 800 MSP aswell very nice indeed :), I just want to know how much memory it takes up though seeing that I'm going mad buying many XBLA titles with big file sizes *looks over to Lara CrofT:GoL & Dead Rising 2:Case 0* :P:)

Edited by Shaddix

So:

September 15th - Sonic Adventure (confirmed)

October - Sonic 4 (guess)

November 18th - Sonic Colors (confirmed)

November/December - Sonic Free Riders (guess)

So:

September 15th - Sonic Adventure (confirmed)

October - Sonic 4 (guess)

November 18th - Sonic Colors (confirmed)

November/December - Sonic Free Riders (guess)

Sonic Colours is released November 16th to you guys in the U.S. If Sonic Free Riders is actually a launch title for Kinect like it's been said in the past to be, then it will be released November 4th in the U.S. An October or December release for Sonic 4 would make sense, so it's away from the other 3.

Not a bad price there~ Will be buying if it's the proper Dreamcast version and not DX. I picked up a copy of the PC version not long ago for a fiver, so I don't see the point on owning it for the 360 too. Would love to have the original version without having to get the Dreamcast out, though. :P

800 MSP is a VERY good price considering Sonic Adventure's length

But I'm wondering if its the DX port or outright just Sonic Adventure without bells and whistles (don't make me go back to guessing my chao's stats SEGA ;_; ) This price would be more super awesome if it has the Game Gear unlockables too...

In the meantime will wait to see if theres any reason for upgrading from DX at all...

Edited by jennytablina

800 MSP is a VERY good price considering Sonic Adventure's length

But I'm wondering if its the DX port or outright just Sonic Adventure without bells and whistles (don't make me go back to guessing my chao's stats SEGA ;_;) This price would be super awesome if it has the Game Gear unlockables too...

It's a port of the PC version. The one with 8-way control instead of full 360 degrees and some removed special effects. You'll probably not notice though.

I just hope that it runs at a constant 60fps and has a massively extended draw distance over the PC iteration from which it is being derived.

Oh, and seeing as this is, in actual fact, a port (360) of a port (PC) of a port, (GameCube) I don't hold out much hope of it being any good.

Hell, even if it turns out to be brilliant, I still won't buy it; Dreamcast version and all that. :P

Edited by Extaticus

Okay, Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi ported to XBLA = :)

Skies of Arcadia and Jet Set Radio ported to XBLA = Mr__Awesome_Face_Emote_by_TheDrake92.gif

As long as it's different enough from the PC port to warrant a purchase, I'll get it.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox

As long as it's different enough from the PC port to warrant a purchase, I'll get it.

It has Dreamcast version menus, and IIRC may be lacking some of the features had. Different enough? =P

Nah, it's just a port of the PC version, without HD for some reason.

Info on PSN release coming soon.

What are the odds that PSN+ Users get it a week first? But overall will get it later than the XBL version?

Looking at the comments section, OUCH, Nintendo fanboys raging hard that it's not on the Wii, thats not cool at all, if they want to play it that bad they can buy SA:DX for GC Can't they, as for purchasing, I will wait for a bit to see the feedback before I make a judgement on whether ill buy it or not

Lol, really? People are mad that it isn't on the Wii? If anything, SA:DX is a better deal as it has all the DLC and Game Gear games and is probably under $10 used.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, 800 points seems pretty fair, I was actually expecting it to be a bit more. Now I'll have to decide if I want to buy Sonic Adventure for the 4th time (DC, GC, PC, XBLA). I just might though, I'm a total sucker for re-buying games. XD

As much as I dreamed of a Wiimake of this, looking at how bad this is turning out, I'm hardly irked at all. I even have TWO copies of the GC game (open and one sealed in storage, don't ask. XD).

The smallest I'd ask for in a Wiimake is 480p and 16:9 (every Sonic GC game sans Mega Collection supported 480p) and no cutbacks (worse framerate, less content, blah blah).

Now Skies of Arcadia I'd LOVE to see Wiimade, it came out on 2 discs didn't it with lower quality music? All on one disc with the DC-quality music and of course 480p and 16:9.

Actually, Skies is my most wanted Wiimake of a DC that came on GC, because I'm NEVER able to find it at a cheap price if I'm able to find it to begin with!

Second from DC-exclusively would be JSR, shame Headstrong couldn't make their Wii installment. :(

Edited by Hero of Legend

One thing that worries me about these Sega ports is how they will be handled on which version they will be. I've seen far too many shitty SNES and Genesis ports of Arcade titles being rereleased just for "nostalgia" rather than for the "quality gaming experience" that the actual arcade titles would posess. For example, I simply cannot believe that anyone anywhere in the world asked for the SNES versions of Final Fight and Street Fighter Alpha 2 rather than the arcade versions. I simply refuse to believe people are that stupid.

We can already see all the BS Sega is pulling with Sonic Adventure (though they are doing Crazy Taxi a bit better), and that makes me worry that they will do similar things to their future rereleases. For example, will a (probably nonexistent) rerelease of Skies be a port of the Dreamcast version, even though the Gamecube version was better in almost every way? If they do Sonic Adventure 2 (and they most definitely will), will it be vanilla 2 or Battle?

Looking at the comments section, OUCH, Nintendo fanboys raging hard that it's not on the Wii, thats not cool at all, if they want to play it that bad they can buy SA:DX for GC

No one ever said that the typical comment poster was particularly smart. That Wii fanboys are bitching because they can't have the privilege of buying a decontented, inferior version of an already-pretty-shitty game that they can already buy and play on their Wii simply reinforces that.

Edited by Tornado

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I might have a PSN release date for you.

So, you know how typically when a game is due for release on both the PSN and XBL the XBL version is announced first? Well it's due to the differences between Sony and MS, Sony don't officially announce their stuff until much closer to the date.

Keep that in mind when you hear the next bit of news.

Over at the Playstation Euro blog someone asked. (see the 3rd comment)

will we be getting Sonic Adventures on the 15th september like xbox live arcade?

To which the site admin (Ross McGrath) directly responded with.

Sonic Adventure should be hitting the PSN at around the same time

Ok so lets look at our when the 15th is in the month... it's a wednesday. Now US PS store updates on the tuesdays normally, so the 14th, and the EU store updates on the thursday 16th

Now that said, I cannot remember a time when the EU store got a game ahead of the US store. So it all depends on if theres a deal or not. If theres no deal, then chances are we might see the PSN release on the 14th... however, if there is a deal, I think it'll hit a week later on the 21st.

If indeed that admin is right and not just being diplomatic. Mind you, I wouldn't mind actually seeing a screenshot from the PS3 version!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I might have a PSN release date for you.

So, you know how typically when a game is due for release on both the PSN and XBL the XBL version is announced first? Well it's due to the differences between Sony and MS, Sony don't officially announce their stuff until much closer to the date.

Keep that in mind when you hear the next bit of news.

Over at the Playstation Euro blog someone asked. (see the 3rd comment)

To which the site admin (Ross McGrath) directly responded with.

Ok so lets look at our when the 15th is in the month... it's a wednesday. Now US PS store updates on the tuesdays normally, so the 14th, and the EU store updates on the thursday 16th

Now that said, I cannot remember a time when the EU store got a game ahead of the US store. So it all depends on if theres a deal or not. If theres no deal, then chances are we might see the PSN release on the 14th... however, if there is a deal, I think it'll hit a week later on the 21st.

If indeed that admin is right and not just being diplomatic. Mind you, I wouldn't mind actually seeing a screenshot from the PS3 version!

I thought the EU PS Store update got moved to Wednesday now?

EDIT:

Just checked and yes the EU store updates on Wednesdays now

I still can't believe they couldn't bother to make a port of a game with their mascot widescreen, yet could make Crazy Taxi 16:9. Nothing against Crazy Taxi, it's a fun game, and honestly if I download one of the two it'd be Crazy Taxi because they at least put some amount of effort into it.

Bah, who am I kidding. I'll wind up downloading SA1 XBLA someday. :(

Isn't the only reason that Crazy Taxi is 16:9, is because both of the "Dreamcast" releases are in fact ports of the PC releases, and Crazy Taxi supported wide-screen resolutions. So in actual fact, they've done fuck all to both ports.

Makes me wonder how they're gonna handle future releases in the XBLA Dreamcast revival. I can guarantee you that because the House of the Dead 2 was released on the PC, that will be their next port. However, other than those 3, I don't think any other (first-party) Dreamcast games were ported to the PC. So they'll need to pull their finger out sometime.

I've said it before and I've said it again, they should have just ported Chankast to PS360 giving them decent emulation for any actual Dreamcast games rather than wasting their time on ports of ports which, like Jof said, there is only 3 of in the first place.

At least with a DC emulator they can put fucking any DC game onto PSN/XBLA.

PS360 aren't powerful enough to run DC emulators with any kind of accuracy, and they wouldn't be able to have actually hosted any of the games on PSN or XBLA.

Isn't the only reason that Crazy Taxi is 16:9, is because both of the "Dreamcast" releases are in fact ports of the PC releases, and Crazy Taxi supported wide-screen resolutions.

Doubtful. Sega didn't have anything to do with the PC port of Crazi Taxi. More likely is that it is widescreen because the PSP port was widescreen.

Edited by Tornado