Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

and 2D side-scrolling sections here and there which control marginally better (since you're pretty much just holding forward and hitting the jump button).

Whaaaaaaaat? What 2D sections? Did he even play the game?

The controls themselves are another failure. Sonic and co. maneuver poorly, even at slow speeds

Maneuver poorly at slow speeds? Is he kidding?

Characters control even worse in Adventure areas than they do in Action stages, as you'll be walking most of the time, rather than running as fast as possible.

Characters control EXACTLY THE SAME in Adventure Fields and Action Stages!

How can this game get a lower score than Sonic 06? How? How??

• Thumbs Up 4

Eh, I'm not going to bitch about the reviews manly because I know that I'm going to get it anyway. I'm used to the controls that have been around since the Dreamcast release, and the camera isn't new news. Yes, I will agree that it was lazy on Sega's Part to not try to tweak the controls or camera, but in the end will effect me buying? Not really.

Besides, it will give me a chance to get a very fun platinum trophy! :lol:

*Reads reviews*

Blah blah blah, the critics don't approve of yet another Sonic game, what else is new? If I'm able to download this game on the psn and transfer it to my psp so I can have my classic childhood game, Sonic Adventure on the go then I will have no complaints. And correct me if I'm wrong but should't IGN have given this game a score of 5.6/10 according to their individual rating average? They gave their final score by rating the game on five different sections. Presentation got 5/10, Graphics got 6.5/10, Sound got 6/10, Gameplay got 3.5/10, and lasting Appeal got 7/10. This adds up to 50 points total and adding up Sonic Adventure's individual scores should have given it a 28/50 which divided by 5 should give Sonic Adventure a 5.6/10? Am I missing something here or does IGN calculate their final scores in some spcial way? O.o 5.6/10 still isn't good but difinetely better than 3.5/10.

I bring Good news!

Sonic and the Black Knight is no longer the lowest scoring Sonic game ever made! Sonic Adventure now holds that title!

1Up gave black Knight aC+ and IGN gave it a 3.9! lol I bet if you're a fan of Sonic Adventure... like a really really really really really huge fan, today is not a good day XD

Are you forgetting about the draedfully pathetic excuse for a port, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the gameboy advanced?

Edit: And how's that good news, I thougt Black Knight was terrible :P

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Does anyone know how much it's selling for on PSN? I would check myself but I'm at college right now. If it's a decent price I'll give it a download when I get home. :)

Wait a sec...

and 2D side-scrolling sections here and there which control marginally better (since you're pretty much just holding forward and hitting the jump button).
The controls themselves are another failure. Sonic and co. maneuver poorly, even at slow speeds
Characters control even worse in Adventure areas than they do in Action stages, as you'll be walking most of the time, rather than running as fast as possible.

Doesn't this sound like a copypasta of an UNLEASHED review? :huh:

Edited by Da Goddamn BatGuy

It appears it's not hitting PSN in the U.S. this week. Wonder if it's the same case for Europe.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/14/playstation-store-update-156/

If so, then the SEGA rep on Twitter must have heard wrong:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/blog/2010/09/12/sonic-adventure-psn-release-date-revealed/

THE GAME IS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD :D

I'm Downloading the game now :D The file size is 1.49Gb I seriously don't no why I'm getting it though since I already have it on Dreamcast and PC :P I'll just play this version for the easy achievements instead XD

Edited by Shaddix

Hitting PSN on 22nd September says SEGA's Twitter:

RE: SA1 on PSN, I'm told thats not today but the 22nd Sept.

about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

RE: SA1 on PSN, I'm told thats not today but the 22nd Sept.

— SEGA (@SEGA)

September 15, 2010

\o/ I'm cool and am also (Trying to) download it! FIRST@FLUFFYKITTENS

EDIT: Yeah, It's going for me, too. I'm only downloading the trial first, though, just incase it really IS that bad... We'll have to see.

EDIT 2: Strangely, I can actually stream it too, for anyone (for whatever reason) whom is interested. (This is assuming I buy it, ahaha)

Edited by Aptiva

Just downloading the trial now to see how it plays. Looks like it does indeed support DLC, so the leaks about DX content were spot on.

Why is it that for every Nintendo game that gets a re-release they consider the time which it came out and acknowledge the fact that it's flaws are due to it being date, but with Sonic they treat it like it's new? I guess they're not paid to promote SEGA products.

Oh well.

Can't see it up on PSN here yet, can't wait to get it though. Love this game.

Edit: 22nd? Urgh! Fuck's sake!!

Edited by DistantJ

Yeah, I'll get a screencapture stream of this going on in a bit, if anyone's interested but doesn't wanna download that huge file for the demo/Is gonna be playing the PS3 version. Link in a few.

EDIT: Link for lols. Dunno how loud it's gonna be, so watch the volume. There's tons of lag on this thing too, so uh...yeah. If you request I show you something, Give it a few seconds. Sometimes there's 20 second lag...

EDIT 2: Kguys, stream's over, but it lasted really long! =D I'll be glad to stream for you folks again.

Edited by Aptiva

I downloadad the full version, and after playing the Chaos battle and the first Sonic stage I can safely say that the negative reviews are full of shit. If you played SA last week on the Dreamcast or Gamecube and enjoyed it, youll enjoy this. In fact the solid 60 fps, fast load times and achievements make this marginally better! The only major negative would be the lack of widescreen, however Ive just used the smart stretch mode on my tv (sides stretched, middle normal) and it works out fine. I say try the demo and give the game a positive star rating to show up the boneheads at IGN.

• Thumbs Up 2

60FPS, DX graphics, full analog control confirmed (watched a bit of Aptiva's stream, analog control is perfectly present)? Sounds perfect to me.

Edited by DistantJ

I'm not usually one to comment against other reviewers (I'm sure whatever conclusion they come to is done with a fair mind) but;

The gameplay shifts between 3rd person, behind the hedgehog running, which doesn't control very well, and 2D side-scrolling sections here and there

Do what?

Enemies and bosses are dispatched by rolling through them, bouncing off them, or boosting through them

Do what?

And is 'dispatched' really the right word to use?

All of this presumes that you can actually figure out how to get to the next action stage

Do what?

Unless this version of Sonic Adventure is missing bits entirely, at the end of every single stage there's a ten-second cutscene (at least) pointing out exactly where you need to go. It couldn't be more obvious. Was he not actually playing Sonic Unleashed instead? Sounds like it, from the previous quotes I've tagged.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hahah guys, they changed the GBA Chao thing to a weird Chao Teleporter... Pet...Thing. Gonna see what it does now. xD check out the stream, whoaaaaaa!!

EDIT: Hey Distant J, I named the Silver chao after you ;D

Edited by Aptiva

Im not sure what 8 way control feels like, but I twirled the analog stick and Sonic seemed to move in a circle. I was able to play through Emerald Coast without any control issues, so even if 8 way is there it wasnt impeeding me. Is there such a thing as 16 way control? :P

I played the demo just now. I have to say the game hasn't aged too terribly well, but it is still a good game with a lot of heart in it, and that always has drawn me to it. I wouldn't have a 3D Sonic like it in the future (I'd rather have Colors style, to be honest) but Sonic Adventure is Sonic Adventure, the first 3D Sonic, only now with hi res graphics and 60 fps (FINALLY!)

If I ever get $10 to spend, I'll download it on my roomie's Xbox. I'm sure he won't mind... <____< >____> ^____^

I'm so god damn angry right now with the change or typo or wathever the hell it was with the PSN releasedate. Could kill a baby seal right now, that's how angry i am. F U Sega twitter staff. A Big F U...my Dreamcast is at a friends house, who is currently playing through the Shenmue games, and i want to play Sonic Adventure so bad right now... :'@

Edited by Michael Myers

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed about having to wait another week too. I thought I'd be playing this today.

EDIT: Hey Distant J, I named the Silver chao after you ;D

lol, thanks dude! DistantJ the silver Chao!