Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

To be fair, most of Sonic Adventure's "aged like vinegar" tendencies happen to be presentation related. Sonic swallowing planets whenever he talks, Amy running in place and then backwards, moonwalking policemen, etc.

HG/SS weren't even very thorough remakes so much as they were just "GSC running on the Platinum engine, with all of the improvements inherent in doing so;" and most of the tangible improvements over the original Gen II games were really interface related. Not something that would (for the most part) really improve the quality of Sonic Adventure, and the amount of changes that would be required to appreciably improve on the gameplay would be so extensive that they might as well just make a new game.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently this game like Sonic 4 Ep 1 is also available for illegal download now according to the site that shall not be named. Guess this one was inevitable too after all the leaks but this one hasn't even been offically announced yet :(

For Sonic 4, even if it's disgusting, I can understand "it was absolutely needed" for the leakers but for a game that was released two time on CD, no...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you fail to understand that leakers generally leak everything they get their hands on. =P

No harm no foul for this though. The PC version is infinitely superior,

• 3 weeks later...

It seems SEGA are still planning to release the game. Soon too;

http://www.computera...CVG-General-RSS

Nice this is awesome =), this is more likely that SA1 and Crazy Taxi may appear at E3 2010 this year at Sega's booth along side Sonic 4 & Sonic Colours =D wow quite alot of Sonic games being release this year XD hoping this can be released sometime soon in summer keep me busy while waiting for Sonic 4 Ep 1 =)

PC re-release.. Wait, WHAT?! PC? Don't we already have Sonic adventure dx PC? I don't get it..

Edited by ArtFenix

So glad this is being released on PS3 too! My laptop refuses to run DX and my original Dreamcast copy is pretty much ruined. Now we just need that release date...

My bet: Sonic Adventure (standard Dreamcast version) = $10

Sonic Adventure DX as DLC = $5

Not sure if I'll get it since I already can play DX on Wii, but it's nice to see that the PS3 isn't getting left out.

I'll scoop up Crazy Taxi though, assuming it's coming as well.

If the PS3 version is cheap enough and comes to Europe in a timely manner I might be tempted to buy it, but I do already have Sonic Adventure on the DC and DX on the GameCube. It would give me another reason to play through again and in a higher resolution, making it so it doesn't look blurry on a big screen.

We saw in some leaks that SA is the initial game with DX as seperate DLC to buy remember?

I'm wondering if there will be an option to alternate between the two after you've bought DX.

PC re-release.. Wait, WHAT?! PC? Don't we already have Sonic adventure dx PC? I don't get it..

It's not on Steam.

It's fairly safe to say that I most definitely wont be buying this, as I'm perfectly happy with my Dreamcast (complete with VGA Box) and original Sonic Adventure GD-ROM. This will, however, be an interesting development for those who were unfortunate enough to miss the Dreamcast's stunning library first time round; if SEGA deem this to be successful, (and hell, it very well might be) it could pave the way for Xbox and PS3 ports of some of the company's other long-forgotten sixth-generation classics. Improved iterations of Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi 2 and Virtua Fighter 3TB, anyone?

I'll be getting even though I have it on the original Dreamcast system but I see no harm downloading this for my Xbox 360 and may come in handy once my Dreamcast gives up and dies *plz never die on me dreamy XD* hopefully the game will 800 MSP =)

Edited by Crash

I have the Dreamcast version and my Dreamcast is outputting VGA to the same TV that my 360 is hooked to, but I'm still downloading it. Why? Achievements, chance to see what changes DX made (for better or worse) and laziness. An XBLA game is much easier to boot up than a Dreamcast game is.

Getting the Dreamcast game from the other room, plugging the VGA-HDMI converter in, finding the right memory card, plugging in the controller and hitting the power button

verses

pushing the 360 controller's guide button to power up the 360 and hitting it again for "quick launch"

I have the Dreamcast version and my Dreamcast is outputting VGA to the same TV that my 360 is hooked to, but I'm still downloading it. Why? Achievements, chance to see what changes DX made (for better or worse) and laziness. An XBLA game is much easier to boot up than a Dreamcast game is.

Getting the Dreamcast game from the other room, plugging the VGA-HDMI converter in, finding the right memory card, plugging in the controller and hitting the power button

verses

pushing the 360 controller's guide button to power up the 360 and hitting it again for "quick launch"

633519410436469456-Laziness---Success-is-a-journey-not-a-destination---So-stop-running.jpg

Some serious laziness there dude XD J/k I know what you mean :)

DX has some decent differences such as the Mission Mode, Game Gear games(including 2 player split screen DRMBM, Drift 1 and Driift 2), graphical differences, Metal Sonic(as far as I'm aware he wasn't in the original) and I think there are extra emblems. Can't remember anything else right now.

I can almost guarantee that the PC release that was JUST NOW RATED is gonna be on Steam.

Maybe even the original version, part of the Sega Classics line. With Steam Achievements.

A man can dream...

UGH, ENOUGH with these DX ports, give me Adventure 2 (Battle)!

All in good time my friend.

I think what Doc means is whether or not the Gamecube version of DX has influenced the XBLA version of this game, to the point where certain things that were criticised may be omitted or even changed, am I right?

Guest Miles Per Hour

My friend CRASHICTH has Sonic Adventure for XBLA, he hacked it and found this image in the game files....

boxart.png

This is not fake.

Edited by Miles Per Hour
  • Thumbs Up 3

Lol I could whip up a fake SA2 XBLA cover like that in a minute although it's a very nice box art I don't think it's real the dreamcast NTSC bar just screams fake to me sorry I just don't think it's real. But if true sorry I ever doubted it also nice template I will use it in future Box arts I make XD

Edit: The world comes full circle again XD lol

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm, would make sense for them to re-release it and would be pretty cool. If that's really in the files then I imagine it's in as a coming soon type teaser when you complete the game.

EDIT:

I question it's legitimacy though as we only have that image which anybody could whip up, not saying your friend is a liar but we need some more evidence really.