Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

Oh man I cant wait to see the original game again. I only had a demo of it, then a DX cut for the PC. I heard that was as great as the original so I will finally play it after all those years =D

Breed and nurture your very own pet Chao in the Chao Garden minigame. Then compete against other Chao in a battle for ultimate Chao supremacy.

The battle for ULTIMATE CHAO SUPREMACY has begun! Ohohoho!

Sounds like awesome to me. I do wonder how they're going to work out the VMS/GBA system in the Chao Gardens though. When the inevitable Sonic Adventure 2 port comes out, will we be able to transport our Chao between the two? Because that'd be awesome if possible.

'Tis a shame we can't use our Chao from previous titles though. Oh well... I'll just try to find a way to jam my multiple memory devices into my HDD and see what happens.

Nice to see them use the original Sonic Adventure artwork rather than later, unrelated artwork like they have done with the classic game ports.

It sounds crazy but I'm actually incredibly hyped for this, despite having completed it a bizillion times on both Dreamcast and Gamecube. Nostalgia hype I guess. I just want to be able to see that cloud in Emerald Coast that looks like Ditto from Pokemon in HIGH DEFINITION ahahaha

God knows how they'll handle the VMU stuff, I hope they don't remove it and just have an on-screen VMU instead when playing Chao Adventure.

I also hope the DLC includes the DLC from the Dreamcast version as well, like the Christmas stuff, the Chao Black Market and the extra Twinkle Circuit courses.

Idiot, almost everyone on this forum has played Sonic Adventure/DX. Do you understand the word "rerelease" ? ..... regret what? n00b.?

Hmph. Calling me n00b is useless.. I have played games my whole live!angry.gif Yes i know word release. You guys don't get..

Once upon a time p2p network! That was pirate copy Dam! Get it

But no one can not say me criminal. I have destroyd these files forefever *evil laught* and;

FEEL THE ULTIMATE POWER!!

Shadow_Chaos_Blast_by_ShadowSinty.gif

Chaoos... BLAST!!!

Ok boys and girls, let's stay civil when we talk about the game we've already played through twice now, =3.

Now, this ditto cloud you speak of...May I see it, 8D?

-Blur

Now, this ditto cloud you speak of...May I see it, 8D?

This screen shows it really clearly

It's the cloud like slap bang in the middle, it looks like it has Ditto's face. I don't know lmao, it's just something I noticed 11 years ago and never forgot about, I'd be so pissed if it got changed if the game was ever remade xD

FEEL THE ULTIMATE POWER!!

Shadow_Chaos_Blast_by_ShadowSinty.gif

Chaoos... BLAST!!!

I lul'd, I can get on a p2p network too and get it =D *looks at demoniod.com hmm yummy downloads for SADX PC what Vuse could download but I will not download cause my PC runs like shit with PC games XD*

Anyway Online leaderboards = Win

Chao Leaderboard and trading = A MUST

Boost Bar = NO STAY IN UNLEASHED AND STAY THERE FOREVER XD

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait....are they just changing the resolution or are they actually changing the graphics.

I swear a few Model-swaps and some texture improvements aren't that hard to pull off....are they?

Wait....are they just changing the resolution or are they actually changing the graphics.

I swear a few Model-swaps and some texture improvements aren't that hard to pull off....are they?

I don't think they have changed the graphics, probs most likely to use a HD filter like in the Mega Drive games on XBLA. To me graphics looks pretty much the same from the older port just slapped a HD fliter on it and called it HD seening from those screenshots from Segas Flicker thing

A few model swaps and some texture "improvements" are part of what made DX so inferior to the original.

So do we absolutely know that this is the Dreamcast version, or is it the DX version with the bonus content removed so you can pay extra for it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

A few model swaps and some texture "improvements" are part of what made DX so inferior to the original.

So do we absolutely know that this is the Dreamcast version, or is it the DX version with the bonus content removed so you can pay extra for it?

Indeed, it's Sonic Adventure DX but they have removed all the extra stuff as DLC, though it has the original menu's.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still wondering if HD graphics and 720p translates to widescreen? They clearly modded Crazy Taxi, so I can't see why SA can't be altered to take advantage of the whole screen.

720p is only a widescreen resolution.

Indeed, it's Sonic Adventure DX but they have removed all the extra stuff as DLC, though it has the original menu's.

Fuck that then. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Tornado

Partly, but back then they weren't thinking.

No we have the Sonic Unleashed model. Which is superior to the original. We also have Unleashed Textures, which are also superior to the original.

What made DX bad, was the fact that it hade more gliteches than the original.....isn't the Directors Cut supposed to remove bugs and glitches?

• Thumbs Up 1

No we have the Sonic Unleashed model. Which is superior to the original. We also have Unleashed Textures, which are also superior to the original.

That doesn't mean they will be able to be used, though. The engine might not be able to support them. Also, they don't have Unleashed models for anywhere near the amount of characters in Adventure, so unless they made more sticking Unleashed models would make this port of DX look even more slapdash than the original DX did.

Edited by Tornado

Guest Miles Per Hour

Partly, but back then they weren't thinking.

Sure their great but, I don't think Unleashed's Sonic model could work in Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure their great but, I don't think Unleashed's Sonic model could work in Sonic Adventure.

Why. If they just boosted engine capabilities, or just put in the Hedgehog rendering engine in SA1, then they could support the newer models.

Making new models for the other characters shouldn't be too hard either.

Once thats done, all they need to so, is programme the lip-syncing, so that Sonic doesn't look retarded.

Why won't the new model work?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why. If they just boosted engine capabilities, or just put in the Hedgehog rendering engine in SA1, then they could support the newer models.

Making new models for the other characters shouldn't be too hard either.

So you mean, for their budget Dreamcast rerelease, Sega should:

1. Make an entirely new set of Sonic Unleashed-quality models to replace all of the models in the game. Also retexture the game with higher resolution textures.
  2. Completely reprogram the game to run off of the Hedgehog Engine in case the original game engine doesn't support models as complex/textures as hi-res as those from Unleashed (which is quite likely, in the case of textures). Or, best case scenario, completely reprogram the existing game engine to support higher quality textures/models (which certianly make it even buggier than it was in DX).
  3. Redo all of the lip-synching animations for the entire game.
  4. Go through and fix all of the bugs that completely reprogramming the game engine and fiddling with the animations would doubtlessly introduce.

All the while:

• Releasing the game as a budget XBLA/PSN title.

Your expectations are a little unrealistic. Short of voicework and level design, they might as well be creating a whole new game.

Edited by Tornado

RE: models:

MSAttempt07.png

WIP, but still. New models is MORE than possible. They can use the Storybook/Olympics models, which very much exist for just about every character in the game. They'd only need to make 2 or 3, if even that many.

EDIT: Oh, and this model and main texture is several times bigger than the original

Edited by Aquaslash

720p is only a widescreen resolution.

B-b-b-but fans managed it, so why can't SEGA?

PC Version modded:

nqrapz.png

VS.

Xbox 360 screenshot:

17th-Jan-Screen-4.jpg

^ Not looking good, is it? I know which one I'd rather buy...

Edited by Extaticus

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but... From that footage it appears it's a quick port of the PC version, because Sonic is moving in 8 directions, not 360 degree analog... This could really ruin the game... Here's hoping this is an early beta...

Edited by DistantJ

Sonic Adventure dated for September says the Kittens

This is a two-for-one story. First, just minutes ago, Sega of America community manager Kellie Parker affirmed a more specific timetable for the XBOX Live and PSN release of Sonic Adventure. “In September 2010,” Parker simply stated through Twitter in response to a follower’s question. That narrows it down a good deal from the previous announcement last week, which simply pegged a Fall release timetable.

So, the game isn’t far off, and to complement that good news, we have some footage of the re-release in action direct from E3, courtesy of GameTrailers. This is a little over a minute, and shows off Emerald Coast. One of things you’ll notice is how the game covers the entire screen. But don’t be fooled into thinking they’ve figured out HD–the camera simply appears to be shot at close range. You’ll also notice some of the control mechanics haven’t been refined. Some have commented that this appears to most resemble the SA PC port. You can judge for yourself in our discussion area below.

http://www.gametrail...yer/700092.html

Edited by Crash

No Widescreen for Sonic Adventure XBLA/PSN

http://www.sonicstad...game-gear-games

Well, like I promised you guys, I hunted down the person in charge of the Sonic Adventure booth, and asked him a few questions. Here are the details.

Sonic Adventure will not have widescreen OR the Game Gear games. He was not able to tell me what the DLC will be.

Well that's a bummer I would of liked to played SA1 in widescreen

Edited by Crash

What a damned joke. Truly pathetic on Sega's part. A half-assed port of the inferior version that will be even worse than it originally was due to having all of the extra content removed.

Well, looks like the fans are officially more competent than Sega. They've got widescreen, updated models, AND a working Super Sonic. All for not a penny earned!

• Thumbs Up 4