Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

Have the leaderboards been hacked yet?

Also on a serious note, what are the controls like? Does it work well for the Xbox pad or are there some problems? Like you just can't pull off a specific move as smoothly as you'd like?

Hi i'm new.

Anyway have anyone unlocked an avatar reward yet?

I just did but i thought that there was none until the DLC came out.

Hi i'm new.

Anyway have anyone unlocked an avatar reward yet?

I just did but i thought that there was none until the DLC came out.

Nope, the Avatar Awards are available with the game. What Avatar Award have you unlocked? I'd love to know what the Awards are. I think the leaked version has Sonic Adventure shirts if I remember right.

Nope, the Avatar Awards are available with the game. What Avatar Award have you unlocked? I'd love to know what the Awards are. I think the leaked version has Sonic Adventure shirts if I remember right.

oh ok.

yea the shirt is what i just now unlocked. There is something else to but i have to play for 10 hours.

Can't say I'm too bothered by reviewers slamming the game. I've always liked Sonic Adventure (the first one anyway), but it was never a masterpiece or anything.

Just as long as the critics don't do this to Jet Set Radio or something. :P

Fair enough.

While I'm lenient when it comes to Sonic games getting bad reviews, that guy mentioning the 2D sections and boost pretty much throws his credibility out the window. Even if he hates the game, what is he thinking?

• Thumbs Up 2

I've just heard from fellow staffer nuckles87, that the DLC is already available on the U.S. Marketplace and the SEGA of America blog entry also says it is available. I haven't seen it on the UK Marketplace all day though :huh:

Final piece of news: there is also a DLC pack available for the game — if you wish, you can download it and convert this original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure into the “Director’s Cut” version, Sonic Adventure DX! Sonic Adventure DX was the enhanced version released on the Nintendo GameCube, and includes 60 additional missions as well as Metal Sonic as a playable character.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/15/sonic-adventure-out-for-xbla-directors-cut-dlc-available/

I've just heard from fellow staffer nuckles87, that the DLC is already available on the U.S. Marketplace and the SEGA of America blog entry also says it is available. I haven't seen it on the UK Marketplace all day though :huh:

http://blogs.sega.co...-dlc-available/

*Stares at the DLC on the market place*

It's there for me right now.

It's 400 MS points and 173.50 MB

Edited by Jetronic

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/15/sonic-adventure-out-for-xbla-directors-cut-dlc-available/

Yea i just downloaded it a few min ago.

Also i was just reminded why no one likes Big.... <_<

Also i was just reminded why no one likes Big.... <_<

Big is the best character in the series... and yes I am serious.

Final piece of news: there is also a DLC pack available for the game — if you wish, you can download it and convert this original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure into the “Director’s Cut” version, Sonic Adventure DX! Sonic Adventure DX was the enhanced version released on the Nintendo GameCube, and includes 60 additional missions as well as Metal Sonic as a playable character.

You're not serious!! They're actually that cheap that the DLC is content which by right should already be on there! Bloody hell...

Just a thought, it's been a long time since I've played SA (both DX and DC) but one of the trophies for the game is... The Perfect Adventurer Get all 130 Emblems. Do the missions give you emblems? Or was that just the requirement for Metal Sonic unlock?

Big is the best character in the series... and yes I am serious.

I like Big too...just not in this game.

Edited by Gamer18

Just a thought, it's been a long time since I've played SA (both DX and DC) but one of the trophies for the game is... The Perfect Adventurer Get all 130 Emblems. Do the missions give you emblems? Or was that just the requirement for Metal Sonic unlock?

From what I remember in DX, the mission mode only unlocked two Game Gear games, Tails Sky Patrol and Tails Adventure. Beating 30 missions unlocked one and all 60 unlocked the other.

Noooooooo!

The DLC gets rid of the All Stars title screen (the one with the waves) and replaces it with the generic SADX one! D= FFF

• Thumbs Up 2

Aren't you able to select the 4:3 option on the 360's system menu? I was sure you could. Hell if I recall 480p makes it 4:3. I could be wrong. :/

I've already got the GC version and a second sealed copy in storage because sealed GC games are like non-existent these days, also for collector's reasons. :P

In fact, I also have a unique sealed copy of Unleashed Wii that claims it contains a Free Sonic DVD, the employee didn't know what it is, or if it even HAS anything, it's a sticker label. They stopped selling it, I probably got the last copy, and it's snug in storage. :P

BTW, only the Wii version had this, I didn't see the label on the 360 version and such. I bought it at the Canadian Loblaws Superstore.

In fact, I also have a unique sealed copy of Unleashed Wii that claims it contains a Free Sonic DVD, the employee didn't know what it is, or if it even HAS anything, it's a sticker label. They stopped selling it, I probably got the last copy, and it's snug in storage. :P

Any way we could get a pic of that? I know it's a bit of a distraction from the topic, lol but if you say that in here I think a number of us would like to see it [/end curious mode!]

Any way we could get a pic of that? I know it's a bit of a distraction from the topic, lol but if you say that in here I think a number of us would like to see it [/end curious mode!]

I'll try, it'll take a bit since my cousin has a good camera and she's out right now, she'll be back soon.

Edit: Can't, she's actually concerned about me doing so, and I've told her that I wanted to take a photo and share it online because there's interest, but she's just concerned and doesn't even know why, yeesh. :/

Sorry. :(

But I can describe it and maybe even make a mock-up!

It's a circle, right above the SEGA logo, it's white with a zig-zag circle in red saying "FREE SONIC DVD INSIDE".

Not much else to it. :P

I'll get on with the mock-up. :)

Edit: Here you go:

2a4xs85.png

The SONIC was kinda like the proper font, but it looked custom, so I settled for this anyway, it's like 95% replicated. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

826dfde732ff.png

Yes.

Ass ports of an aged game may be ass, but I know awesome when I see it and it alone warrants a purchase.

Edited by Nix

Sonic Adventure is currently the second highest rated Arcade game on Xbox Live. (Right under Castle Crashers.) Reviewers are speaking nonsense as usual. If you haven't already, vote 5 stars for Sonic Adventure on Xbox Live to keep it up there!

• Thumbs Up 3

I voted a very honest 3 stars. Sorry. 8(

Lame that the DLC replaces the main menu. I always prefered the original title screen too, even though I played DX first. Also the cool watery Sonic Team logo.

From what I heard there was supposed pc version of sonic adventure 2 but due to bad sells of sonic adventure dx ( pc) it never got developed, if it happens again on the xbox I will be very angry and disappointed.