Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

The japanese demo was in english as well, pretty sure they're exactly the same.

qalso: there's a few more moves/taunts/tricks then you guys would think- try stuff out and see what happens ;)

Actually I 'm talking about the PS3 demo which was different from the 360 demo iirc. It had English dialogue but all the text was japanese, luckily everything I learned from DMC carried over pretty well. Anyway I'm DL'ing the demo as I type this so I'll know soon enough.

the japanese PS3 demo is around 1200MB (on my pS3 right now)

the US one is around 1600MB (downloading it right now)

there must be some kind of difference.

The game looks a bit better now, but I don't think they've improved the frame rate. I'll have to double check the JP version.

Edit: checked out the JP version again, doesn't really look different as far as I can tell, and the Clock Tower isn't in there.

Edited by Phos

Yep it's the exact same demo with english text. The framerate seems better and the textures might be improved also but since I'm playing on a shoddy SDTV atm I really can't tell.

Um.. its defiantly been improved. (the PS3 demo)

Easily noticeable. It's way more colorful, especially near the end, the part where you fight bayonetta's sister.

and during the boss battle on the crumbling platform it actually ran higher then 30 FPS for a few seconds! XD

my hopes are high now, if they get the loading issues fixed and fix the lag on the clock tower area I will be buying this at full price. It's really fun, and the more colorful areas make the experience that much better, i don't care if it's not 60 FPS, as long as the fix they major lag issues.

Edited by ShadiWulf

It's not like the 30 FPS will really be noticeable if they lock it at that anyway, because that would mean they'd smooth out the video. But yeah, they should at least focus on that.

It's not locked, but it's apparently OK still. although not a scratch on the 360 version's solid 60, apparently.

damn shame the port didn't work out better.

Theres still time, SEGA is working on a patch.

Im amazed they improved the PS3 demo that much in such a short amount of time. It makes me wonder how old this demo is, like it can't be recent because demos have to go through approvel processes.

Like I said, I have high hopes for the final game.

SEGA is doing good for only having 3-4 months to port it =P especially when it was built purely around the xbox 360 with no thought of the PS3 in mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA is doing good for only having 3-4 months to port it =P especially when it was built purely around the xbox 360 with no thought of the PS3 in mind.

Am I the only one pissed with this logic that developers seem to have? I don't hate Xbox 360 but this is unacceptable. It's like they're saying, "Oh lets half ass the PS3 version."

Am I the only one pissed with this logic that developers seem to have? I don't hate Xbox 360 but this is unacceptable. It's like they're saying, "Oh lets half ass the PS3 version."

It's alot easier to work from the ground up with the 360 hence why developers, well, mostly Sega, always start off on that platform. PS3 has more advanced components and processors so porting PS3 to 360 is to my knowledge a bit more of a hassle, plus beginning work on a 360 would probably take away any risk of overpowering a PS3 version which would be even less fair for the 360 than how unfair the PS3 gets it now, which is not much at all, only a few framerate dips. Sonic Unleashed also suffered from framerate dips.

Sega seems to be churning out most of their games too fast. Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed both suffered more on PS3 than 360, and now Bayonetta. The oddest thing is that the PS3 versions come out alot later than their 360 versions, and by that time you'd figure it would be better than the end result. Patching feels like a poor last two-minute throw out.

Edited by The Psychosomantic

Scratch one more that tried the demo (PS3 one).

Sorry Dante, but the lady in glasses has swooped me off my feet.

And besides some noticeable fps drops in cutscenes, i don't have much of a quarrel with it, from a technical standpoint. And it's 1080p to boot (at least that's what it says on the TV :P )!

I think it was originally intended to bea 360 exclusive game, it's not that it was half assed for PS3, it was that it was literally programmed around the various quirks of the 360.

when SEGA picked them up as a publisher, they probably forced the idea of a port, hence the crappy frame-rate on game that was never meant to be on PS3. Like MGS2 on OG Xbox, or something.

PS3 version which would be even less fair for the 360 than how unfair the PS3 gets it now, which is not much at all, only a few framerate dips. Sonic Unleashed also suffered from framerate dips.

More then few dips on the PS3 version, it practically runs and half the framerate of 360.

game is still ace though, so I'd still recommend it.

I just pre-ordered the game myself. I was stoked about it when I first saw the gameplay video with the vid of the fight on a falling clock tower. Loved the Devil May Cry series, so Bayonetta will be right up my alley.

Not if the game was originally designed to be a 360 exclusive. Platinum games have zilch experience with the PS3 and as such was not concerned about a port. Sega then picked them up and probably gave the order to port, but with the lack of experience Platinum has with coding for the PS3, Sega stepped in and did the port themselves. (hence the "converted by Sega" on the title screen). If anything, blame Sega for forcing the port or Sony for making the PS3 a bitch to program for. At least you know how PC users feel as of late with half arsed ports. Borderlands is a disgrace to console -> PC porting. Using the Page up and Page down buttons to scroll text? Really Gearbox?

Anyway, the more I see the more I want. Between this, Mass Effect 2, and No more Heroes 2, its going to be one awesome after holiday bonanza with my consoles. My import buddies who have the PS3 import say that its a fantastic game and deserves its scores, so I can only imagine what the 360 version is going to be like. (and hopefully the western PS3 release)

Just saying, Game Station are also offering the Scarborough Fair: here.

And GAME! That's awesome, since I have a £20 card for GAME. I'm going into town on Monday to check anyway, but could I reserve instore and pick it up with the gun?

Edited by Blue Blood

Sega seems to be churning out most of their games too fast. Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed both suffered more on PS3 than 360, and now Bayonetta. The oddest thing is that the PS3 versions come out alot later than their 360 versions, and by that time you'd figure it would be better than the end result. Patching feels like a poor last two-minute throw out.

I think Sega knows that more time is need but is still pushing for the early 2010 launch as it's the safest time to do so especially for the PS3 version. Any later and the game would be overshadowed by bigger franchises like God of War and Castlevania LOD as well as the other new hack n' slash IP's like Darksiders and Dante's Inferno.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny that you say that because my experience playing both versions of Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 06 left me to believe they were basically the same. I've played both extensively too.

So I played through the demo once and got my ass handed to me. The tutorial was nice and all but once I started playing properly I doe obliterated. But then again I came into it after playing Assassins Creed 2 which is the most leisurely game I’ve played in a long time. I got like a Stone statue and felt like crap

I left it a day an booted up the demo again this time in the right frame of mind and something ‘clicked’ that it was all about dodging and counter attacking and I did much better! I didn’t even die once and I got a Gold statue at the end. I started to get two or three of the more powerful combos down though it’s not like they’re massively difficult.

Oh yeah, and Bayonetta is a sexy beast indeed.

pew pew, i get platinums in this demo.

some tips for people playing.

-after you defeat the big boss guy with the axe, beloved you can walk back to the starting area of that stage for an optional fight

-if you hold down the last button you attacked with before dodging, you can continue your combo where you left off after the dodge is finished

- holding down the button after any attack cancels it into a shooting animation

-taunting maintains your combo multiplier

-combos starting in the air can continue onto the ground

-moves whilst locked on a differant to moves not locked on.

-the sword is badass!!!

I feel so stupid now for not knowing where the missing fight was in the demo. So here I go putting off going to bed so that I may play Bayonetta instead!

EDIT: Well that got me a platinum award at the end of the level.

She says, "I should have been a pole dancer!". I love when characters say funny things at the end of stages, much like Rouges "How was that? Perfect? Like me?" in SA2.

Edited by Blue Blood

I feel so stupid now for not knowing where the missing fight was in the demo. So here I go putting off going to bed so that I may play Bayonetta instead!

It's the hardest (best) fight in the demo, too. have fun!

It's alot easier to work from the ground up with the 360 hence why developers, well, mostly Sega, always start off on that platform. PS3 has more advanced components and processors so porting PS3 to 360 is to my knowledge a bit more of a hassle

It's already been acknowledged that working on the PS3 as the lead console for multiplatform titles is the best solution, as porting from PS3 'down' to Xbox 360 is easier than the other way around. And it makes the Xbox 360 version perform better than if the 360 was the lead too, reportedly. But I can understand why most devs start off at the 360 in the West, with it being a more popular console at the moment and all.