Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

Yeah, I don't think the demo really demonstrates the sheer concentrated awesome that Bayonetta is. It shows you some moves and how it generally plays, but seriously, the set pieces in the game are fan-bloody-tastic.

I don't think I've ever played a game that gives you such a fantastic challenge, yet is entirely completable by a novice (provided they learn to pick up their game after a few deaths). I've been playing through Verses with those bastard clawy dudes and Joys and getting really involved in the action. You know how you see retard hardcore kids smack talk towards virtual creatures and enemies in games? Yeah, I've not done that since I was like, 13. And here I am playing Bayonetta, performing intense combos on a huge golem's face while saying inappropriate things about its mother.

The amount of times I've completed Verses or bosses with next to no health and exhaled my pure adrenaline rush while squeaking out "Fuck.... you, you fucking hard bastard", followed by "Man, that was fucking awesome!" five seconds later.... I've lost count.

That and

Motorbike section playing Afterburner music in CVIII and Afterburner/Space Harrier fusion section in CXIV is ultra win.

I think I might be near the end now - Chapter XV? Just kicked Jeanne's arse for the final time - man she's a bloody bitch buggering tit balls werhaeberhdfbdfb.

I think I might be near the end now - Chapter XV? Just kicked Jeanne's arse for the final time - man she's a bloody bitch buggering tit balls werhaeberhdfbdfb.

The final boss battles just get more and more mind boggling. You think playing vertical hot potato on a skyscraper with an ICBM was crazy? Just wait until you see how the game ends. :D

I dont know how to pull off dodge offset for a combo that follows up with a weaveattack. does anyone know how to continue it?

Edited by Meta77

Dodge offset is done by holding an attack button during combo, dodging while holding the button and continuing afterwards. For example, using D.O. after the the third hit of the combo PPKKK would be:

P + P + K(hold and then press dodge) + K(Wicked Weave) + K(Wicked Weave)

TCBG is correct.

Fun thing to do in route 666 and chapter XIV-

hold LT & LB (or L1 & L2) as the stage starts until you're playing

that was actually Ammy, referring to Ameratsu from Okami.

the list of girls was from the Directors pervious games, being Claire from RE2, Trish from DMC, Silvia from VJ, and of course Ammy

OOOOhh.... I have not played Okami.... man I fucked that up. XD But yeah, this game is fucking insane. =/ I'm still playing it... even after beating it on day one. It's like a week later. this doesn't happen too much.. if at all anymore. Ninja Gaiden and GOW can learn from this. well..... maybe not GOW but yeah. GOW is a different type of game.

Ok, got up to Chapter 6 today and man this game is haaard! I’m still having fun though because every time I die I seem to think I could do better if I tried. It seems to be all about learning the enemy attack pattern and dodging at the right time to attack. Has anyone any tips on which items to buy? I’m not sure what would be useful or not.

It seems to be all about learning the enemy attack pattern and dodging at the right time to attack. Has anyone any tips on which items to buy? I’m not sure what would be useful or not.
The secret to bayonetta is to never stop attacking, only dodge when you have to and to dodge offset when you dodge so you keep your combo going.

the best accessory IMO is the moon of mante something something, the one that allows you to parry, becasue it let's you break enemy combos. Buy all the techniques you can as earlier as possible. particularily the bat within and the air kick.

I'm still playing it... even after beating it on day one. It's like a week later. this doesn't happen too much.. if at all anymore. Ninja Gaiden and GOW can learn from this. well..... maybe not GOW but yeah. GOW is a different type of game.
I know man, I've been through it on normal and hard and I sitll want more. So much shit to do!

I'm mad I'm STILL playing this game.. it's 2 weeks almost. I completed the story in this on day one. And 2 weeks later I'm STILL hooked, the upgrades the combos, the outfits, HARD mode........ it's all there. Here's what I DON'T get tho.... I jokey tried out easy mode... and got REALLY pissed off..... I knew about the whole " play with one hand joke and shit" but seriously? If you played it on normal, the easy modes are an insult.. fuck, the easy modes are an insult period. I guess it's good for something tho, as normal I'm not beating in 3 hours, and if thats the case, Hard mode is raping me to next monday. :c I can see people on easy to get that one weapon for completing the game in less than 3 hours. Also anyone feel people are over reactting over Bayo's scores? All over the net I've seen people complain that Bayonetta is over rated, and these people can't admit that it's setting a higher standard for actions games. Your thoughts anyone?

Still getting rapped on hard mode, ... maybe I should go back to normal and train some more..... :c

Also anyone feel people are over reactting over Bayo's scores? All over the net I've seen people complain that Bayonetta is over rated, and these people can't admit that it's setting a higher standard for actions games. Your thoughts anyone?

Some folks just can't accept that a demonic librarian is more badass than a generic WoW character in post apocalypse Hyrule.

Still getting rapped on hard mode, ... maybe I should go back to normal and train some more..... :c

I wouldn't start the harder difficulties until you have max Health/Magic, all techniques, all weapons, and the following accessories, Moon of Mahla Kahla(Blocking/countering), Stare of Deinta(Heal yourself by taunting), Pulley's Butterfly(Use magic to make a barrier), Evil Harvest Rosary(creates a powerful explosion when you successfully dodge an attack/disables WT).

Am having trouble beating the secret stage where you have to leave your body to fight. Every time i do its like putting meat in front of a dog as they run straight for my O.S body

Equip Shuraba(the sword) and abuse the PKP combo(creates a fast, wide hitting WW slash) and the charge slash.

Or equip the bracelet that makes all you're enemies aggressive (like you've taunted them) and they'll ignore the body and attack you.

fuck, the easy modes are an insult period. I guess it's good for something tho, as normal I'm not beating in 3 hours, and if thats the case,
I dunno, if you run through some of the early stages with techniques you picked up later you can knock off a lot of time, I know I did.

the reward for that isn't even that good anyway :C

I just finished Bayonetta and I am 100% well and truly blown away. That was by far one of (if not the) best game I've ever had the absolute joy of playing. I can't find the right words to describe what a masterpiece this is to experience. The demo alone doesn't come close to the full experience. I can't emphasise enough how much I loved this game in every way possible.

Or equip the bracelet that makes all you're enemies aggressive (like you've taunted them) and they'll ignore the body and attack you.

I dunno, if you run through some of the early stages with techniques you picked up later you can knock off a lot of time, I know I did.

the reward for that isn't even that good anyway :C

XD maybe, but I want to have everything completed in this game... which is a first because I rarely want to do something like this. Bayo seriously woke up the real gamer in me. =D

Ok just beat hard. Going for infinite climax now. God the hardest part to me was the first fight with jeanne. and the heavely levels. i forget thier names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQLRBOmluNA&feature=PlayList&p=F6EBCA8CC4F22056&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Go into the comments and look for a guy called "MohommadThePedofile". People like him are the reason that great games are getting trashed by dickheads everywhere. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Different strokes for different folks. I highly doubt a youtube troll is going to have any really impact on the games sales and popularity.

Just got this game yesterday. I'm up to chapter 6 and I can say that I'm loving it. I guess the best way to describe it is that seems to be doing with sex what MadWorld did with violence. It's just a complete, over-the-top parody and yet it has a great plot in its own right. The fighting style is amazingly fluid, the character and enemy design is excellent, the soundtrack is enjoyable, the plot is awesome and the writing is hilarious. I think my favorite thing, though, is how dynamic the level structure is. You can fight on falling clock towers and walk on walls; it's amazing. But my one major complaint is that it has the worst use of quick-time events I've ever seen in a video game. You never know when to expect them and the window of opportunity is just far too small. I sometimes died multiple times even when I knew when the event was supposed to happen. But despite that, I love it and would recommend it to anyone who liked MadWorld.

Different strokes for different folks. I highly doubt a youtube troll is going to have any really impact on the games sales and popularity.

Well he called my friend (who loves Bayonetta) a "fucking nerd" and I absolutely resent that. People act like they are hot shit on the interenet and it pisses me off to no end. He also called the game boring which is totally invalid. I never played it yet and I think it looks very interesting. According to logic, anyone who thinks this is a shitty game does not know what a good game is.

Just had my first real interaction with Bayonettas daughter, utterly love it so far.

Thats said... the PS3 version has A LOT of issues that in my opinion mean that the game should have been delayed for at least a month... maybe two. Now I understand that the game was a quick port and the original dev teams didn't have much of any hand in it...

But that aside... pausing the game = a loading screen.... completely and absolutely unforgivable. No way should that happen in this day and age. Going into different sections of the menu = a loading screen... pathetic.

Here is another thing I hate.

ARGH! Died at a boss... ok continue... Oh a cut scene... think I'll skip it... *pushes start* Loading.... Loading... Loading... Loading.... "Are you sure you want to skip the cut scene?" Loading... loading... loading... OH COME ON! On one boss fight, it's shorter to just watch the cut scene than it is to skip it!

The lack of colour compared to the Xbox 360 version is annoying... but the critical problem in the PS3 version, which if theres any sense of pride left in the developers they MUST patch this... fix the loading times when you pause the game. This is by far the main thing that I hate. why there has to be a loading screen of sometimes 5-10 seconds is beyond me.... it feels like Sonic 06 over again.

The game is fantastic, lets not avoid that, I utterly love it... the issues I've got is that these loading screens for doing stuff that should be near instant like opening the inventory or the pause menu constantly makes you feel that the game is not finished.

Well he called my friend (who loves Bayonetta) a "fucking nerd" and I absolutely resent that. People act like they are hot shit on the interenet and it pisses me off to no end. He also called the game boring which is totally invalid. I never played it yet and I think it looks very interesting. According to logic, anyone who thinks this is a shitty game does not know what a good game is.

The guy has an anti-Islamic tone in his user name and it also contains this word... Pedofile.... Why on earth would anyone who does not rent a brain cell take him seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just had my first real interaction with Bayonettas daughter, utterly love it so far.

Thats said... the PS3 version has A LOT of issues that in my opinion mean that the game should have been delayed for at least a month... maybe two. Now I understand that the game was a quick port and the original dev teams didn't have much of any hand in it...

But that aside... pausing the game = a loading screen.... completely and absolutely unforgivable. No way should that happen in this day and age. Going into different sections of the menu = a loading screen... pathetic.

Here is another thing I hate.

ARGH! Died at a boss... ok continue... Oh a cut scene... think I'll skip it... *pushes start* Loading.... Loading... Loading... Loading.... "Are you sure you want to skip the cut scene?" Loading... loading... loading... OH COME ON! On one boss fight, it's shorter to just watch the cut scene than it is to skip it!

The lack of colour compared to the Xbox 360 version is annoying... but the critical problem in the PS3 version, which if theres any sense of pride left in the developers they MUST patch this... fix the loading times when you pause the game. This is by far the main thing that I hate. why there has to be a loading screen of sometimes 5-10 seconds is beyond me.... it feels like Sonic 06 over again.

The game is fantastic, lets not avoid that, I utterly love it... the issues I've got is that these loading screens for doing stuff that should be near instant like opening the inventory or the pause menu constantly makes you feel that the game is not finished.

The guy has an anti-Islamic tone in his user name and it also contains this word... Pedofile.... Why on earth would anyone who does not rent a brain cell take him seriously.

you must hav3e the PS3 version like I do... a better way to skip cutsences is holding RI and press select. No loading. =D