Awoo.

Bayonetta

Random Rhyme

I’m FURIOUS with Game. I pre-ordered Bayonetta too in store and have been checking up every so often to see if they have them in stock. Finally I go in on Wednesday to be told they had them in but only got two and they’ve both been given away. I was LIVID. I was given a number to Game’s head office but I’ve not had the time to ring yet. They can expect a very unhappy call tomorrow.

I had a load of trouble getting mine from GAME too. After waiting for over a week, they told me there was no point in checking cos it was unlikely they'd be getting any in now. Needless to say I was rather frustrated, cos I could have got the game cheaper elsewhere if I hadn't specifically wanted the gun from them. The head office was awesome though, that's definitely you're best bet; the day after I spoke to the bloke there, I went back into the store and at first they tried to give me the usual crap. But as soon as I told them who I'd spoken to they instantly changed their tune, and whaddya know; they'd had them through the back all along and not realised it. *cough cough*

So, a few days after that a mysterious package arrives at the door and holy cow, it's another Scarborough Fair!

Seems someone at head office didn't get the memo I'd got one, so they went and sent another out without realising it. Was a pretty awesome thing for them to do though, I'd never have though they'd have went to that trouble, especially when you're so used to the incompetence of the staff in-store.

Seems someone at head office didn't get the memo I'd got one, so they went and sent another out without realising it. Was a pretty awesome thing for them to do though, I'd never have though they'd have went to that trouble, especially when you're so used to the incompetence of the staff in-store.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard it on the grapeviene that Scotland nearly lost out to the gun because Scottish law has something in it that nearly makes it and illegal weapon, kinda like the reason why HMRC has the warning sticker on it. Did either of your guns have a strange customs lable on the box?

I think that it may actually be the stars on the charm chains that are causing issues for HMRC as apposed to it being a 'gun.'

Glad I waited on picking this up. I almost brought it for the 360 while I was pre-ordering Mass Effect 2, but I would prefer to have it on the PS3 thanks to the patch.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Finally got around to playing some more of it, this game's camera makes the camera from Ninja Gaiden look brilliant. Seriously? You thought mapping center camera to clicking the right stick was a good idea?

Edited by Phos

Finally got around to playing some more of it, this game's camera makes the camera from Ninja Gaiden look brilliant. Seriously? You thought mapping center camera to clicking the right stick was a good idea?

R1/RB is a lock on... enemies off camera don't attack.

unlike NG2 where they just shoot you with billions of rockets.

R1/RB is a lock on... enemies off camera don't attack.

I've seen it happen very frequently. That, or the game counts having some tiny part of their body on screen as being "on screen", even it it's just the tip of their elbow or something. Either way, that on it's own really isn't an excuse.

unlike NG2 where they just shoot you with billions of rockets.

Two things, first off, Ninja Gaiden II doesn't act like you're supposed to be able to go through the whole game without being hit, and you can hear those rockets coming a mile off. Just doing that funny jumping attack carries you far enough to get away from the rockets, OR you can do an obliterator or an ultimate technique to avoid the damage, OR you can just do a Ninpo because those are invincible.

As goofy as the concept behind witch time is (And was already in No More Heroes), the game also has this annoying tenancy to go into slow motion during a dodge EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT GOING INTO WITCH TIME. This is an unbelievable oversight.

Ninja Gaiden II doesn't act like you're supposed to be able to go through the whole game without being hit, and you can hear those rockets coming a mile off. Just doing that funny jumping attack carries you far enough to get away from the rockets, OR you can do an obliterator or an ultimate technique to avoid the damage, OR you can just do a Ninpo because those are invincible.

a.) neither does Bayonetta

b.) Bayonetta's enemies give you far more time to react to their attacks, then NG's rockets ever did

c.)yes because I will have a ninpo stock, a ready ut or an enemy to obliterate every time I'm going to get with with a rocket, mortar, exploding arrow, exploding shuriken of whatever other stupid BS that game had

the game also has this annoying tenancy to go into slow motion during a dodge EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT GOING INTO WITCH TIME. This is an unbelievable oversight.
So? there's a breif moment of slow mo when you get hit too- they're intentional
  • Thumbs Up 1

As goofy as the concept behind witch time is (And was already in No More Heroes), the game also has this annoying tenancy to go into slow motion during a dodge EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT GOING INTO WITCH TIME. This is an unbelievable oversight.

Not all attacks will give you WT, you better learn that before chapter 10. The slow down just indicates that you properly dodged something(WT-able or not) and earned a bit of magic.

• Thumbs Up 1

So bros, I finally got me 360 back, and ergo, full access to this beauty. Been playing it almost non-stop (well not really) since thismorning, and I'm currently right near the end of Chapter V.

After sailing quite nicely through Chapters I-IV, I noticed a 'bit' of a difficulty jump in this one, everything seems to be harder to dodge and killing me faster. Although that could also be because I'm a bit tired out.

In any case I think I'm going to finish this Chapter and then hit the hay. Mind blowing stuff indeed. Gotta be my favourite game of the decade so far!

(Although the fact it's the only new game I've played since the turn of the decade may have something to do with that)

Edited by SuperLink

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard it on the grapeviene that Scotland nearly lost out to the gun because Scottish law has something in it that nearly makes it and illegal weapon, kinda like the reason why HMRC has the warning sticker on it. Did either of your guns have a strange customs lable on the box?

Oooh, had not heard of that. Suppose it might explain a couple of things if it is true.

Both of mine just came in fairly plain looking boxes though; neither had any odd labels. On the note of the box though, I was really disappointed when I first caught a glance of ours. Especially when you see what Australia got.

Oooh, had not heard of that. Suppose it might explain a couple of things if it is true.

Both of mine just came in fairly plain looking boxes though; neither had any odd labels. On the note of the box though, I was really disappointed when I first caught a glance of ours. Especially when you see what Australia got.

Australia are quite unlucky when it comes to censors, but they're very lucky when it comes to merch, especially from sega.

As for HMRC thing, if you look at my video you can see the cutsoms lable there, not sure if you can read it, but it was definately flagged up.

I got my gun too, I asked at a different Game a few days later and they brought one to me. Unfortunately mine looks like it’s been painted up by a 6 year old!!! Gah! This defiantly isn’t one of the best pieces of gaming merch I own and will soon be appearing on e-bay!

I got my gun too, I asked at a different Game a few days later and they brought one to me. Unfortunately mine looks like it’s been painted up by a 6 year old!!! Gah! This defiantly isn’t one of the best pieces of gaming merch I own and will soon be appearing on e-bay!

Care to post a pic of it?

Gah! Hard Mode isn't kidding around! Talk about your unforgiving, dodge ignoring monster angels. When you take a hit, it bloody HURTS!

Hopefully you can see this, taken from the mega quality iPhone camera (ugh).

6f27126b.jpg

The painting is horrible, totally messy, out of the lines and a joke.

As overly in-depth as his analysis was, it seems everything he spoke about could be learned from the trailers. I think he should have waited until he finished the game first since the plot and supporting characters do a great job of developing her unique characteristics even further.